Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78
  1. #1
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Vikings Vs Packers Post Game Discussion

    Damn...damn....damn - YouTube

    is all I got to say. I mean I predicted the season correctly. Proud of our guys. I hope we draft Keenan Allen in the 1st, sign a Quality WR in free agency. Bring in a QB that can push and challenge ponder. WE WILL NOT SUCCEED WITHOUT A PASSING ATTACK. Having a QB who NEVER threw for over 300 yards in 1 game the whole season is unacceptable. Our Top receiving yards WR was percy at 677 and he didnt play the last 6-7 games?

  2. #2
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    At least we will never again have to listen to anyone even suggest that Webb has a chance at being even a serviceable backup, muchless a starter.

  3. #3
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,463
    Well that was an ugly game. However a great season and watching AP made it fun.

    WWBGD

  4. #4
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Team played like crap. They weren't supposed to be there, and they played like it.

    Defense fell apart.

    Offense was terrible.

    Just ugly across the board.

    Caine

  5. #5
    iowa is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Spirit Lake, Iowa
    Posts
    111
    playing the packers at their place with our 2nd string qb who hadn't thrown a pass all year was a recipe for failure.we need to get a better back-up qb, webb clearly is not an nfl qb.all in all we had a good year, exceeded most expectations, the future looks pretty bright.for you people calling out ponder for not playing, did you really want him out there throwing with an arm that is even weaker than normal ?
    None

  6. #6
    acman1's Avatar
    acman1 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    64
    Did anyone else but me think the turning point in the game was the Williams offsides penalty? Maybe it's the beer, but I think that was a HUGE penalty. They scored a TD on that drive because of it....

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by acman1 View Post
    Did anyone else but me think the turning point in the game was the Williams offsides penalty? Maybe it's the beer, but I think that was a HUGE penalty. They scored a TD on that drive because of it....
    I think the turning point of the game was when Webb was designated starter.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    playing the packers at their place with our 2nd string qb who hadn't thrown a pass all year was a recipe for failure.we need to get a better back-up qb, webb clearly is not an nfl qb.all in all we had a good year, exceeded most expectations, the future looks pretty bright.for you people calling out ponder for not playing, did you really want him out there throwing with an arm that is even weaker than normal ?

    We had a better backup option, his name was Shane Rosenfels. However he was to "old" supposedly for this youth movement the Vikings are in, and they didn't want there pretty boy Ponder to think there was a competition going on.

  9. #9
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I think the turning point of the game was when Webb was designated starter.
    +1

  10. #10
    keystonevike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by acman1 View Post
    Did anyone else but me think the turning point in the game was the Williams offsides penalty? Maybe it's the beer, but I think that was a HUGE penalty. They scored a TD on that drive because of it....
    Yes it was huge and stupid, just like the 12-men-on-the-field penalty that gave them a 1st and goal situation out of a FG try.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •