Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: VIKINGS vs PACKERS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

We are not who we thought we were...

In my opinion, we are not as good as we thought we were. It's not just one reason, the reasons are many.

Favre looks old and unprepared
    Injuries to our secondary
    O-Line isn't premier anymore
    Strength of schedule
    Loss of Rice
    Loss of Taylor
    Play calling
    Cover 2
    D-Line looks old and slow
    EJ, not back to form
    Coaching
    Officiating
    Piss poor luck at times

With that said, we are only one game back in the loss column for the division. There is a lot of time left. There are a lot of reasons why we are 2-4, at this point I don't know if they can be addressed or fixed so that we can make a good run. I also need to get my emotions in check, since this team is good enough to break my heart it seems like every week in the fourth quarter.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Chilly really brings us down.
    Moss said it best with his WTF? gesture, when Childress once again was happy as a pig in shit with a 3 point lead.

If you have Moss & there's still time on the clock, there's a good possibility of scoring points. a 3 point lead in Lambeau is not a cushion.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I don't think I've ever let a football game get me as PO'd as that one did.

The Good. B)

OL. Good to see the starting C back. Herrera continues to be a pulling beast. Lots of room for AD/Toby to run and the Noodle had all fricken day back there to pick out what PUKER he was gonna throw it to.

RB. Hang in there AD. Help is on the way. Damn fine game 28. Toby looked like he is finally figuring things out and should fit into the scheme very nicely. Both RB's did a fine job picking up the blitz allowing the Noodle all fricken day back there to pick out what PUKER he was gonna throw it to.

WR's. Looked like everyone was getting open. Percy is a man among men. Hang in there Randy, help is on the way.

TE's. Nice blocking, nice recieving.

Secondary. Again, these guys played thier asses off but will always look like the scapegoat when you can't get any PRESSURE with your front 4.

LB's. Nice job. Flying to the ball. A little weak on the coverage side, but I blame that on the DL. When you guys have to blitz to help them out, the backend really suffers.

The Bad.

DL. especially JA. I charted 3 plays were they sealed the DT with thier LT for cripes sake and handled JA with a fricken TE and he was still sealed out of the play. This group, especially JA, needs to pull its head out of its ass.

We watched a team that has no running game average 4.5 yards a carry. Good thing they didn't run more. And another thing, its a good thing Rodgers got so out of synch with his recievers late in the game or they would have continue to torch us in the air as well.

Absolutely embarrasing to watch this unit play.

QB. Anyone else tired of the Noodle giving us the best chance to win? I know I sure am.

I charted 3 times he pulled the ball back down instead of throwing it. If that was TJ, everyone would be saying how "Indecisive" he is. I charted 1 roll out right into the DE. If that was TJ everyone would be chanting the "Deer in the headlights" crap.

In the end, he had the OL in front of him giving him all fricken day long. He had the RB's/FB's and TE's picking up the blitzes, he had the WR's open and still he threw the fricken ball to the wrong damn team.

Another thing that irritates me, almost more than the turnovers, why in the hell does his ankle or elbow only seem to hurt him after he makes a fricken turnover?

Shortwell. Name about covers it.

Coaching.

Leslie.......fire someone....bench someone....rotate someone......just do something that will get the fricken DL fixed. If need be, start feeding the Williams wall some steroids or something.

Bevs......Get the coaches ass and get TJ out there.

Chiller.....Quit talking about it and just bench his ass.

Trent Dilfer. Yes, Trent Dilfer. What an ass trying to say the Chiller is throwing his player under the bus. What an ass questioning a HC in the NFL for critiquing his player. What an ass sticking up for the great Lord Noodle Arm Dickhead, because he is the poster boy gone astray.

The cat played like shit and is costing us fricken games. What do you expect him to say? The Noodle played great?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Fire Childress

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

singersp wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Moss said it best with his WTF? gesture, when Childress once again was happy as a pig in shit with a 3 point lead.

If you have Moss & there's still time on the clock, there's a good possibility of scoring points. a 3 point lead in Lambeau is not a cushion.
    Anyone think that maybe, just maybe, they didn't have a play that could get them down there?

We sure didn't have a QB out there that could do anything but possibly throw an INT and give the PUKERS another easy 6.

My guess, Randy was making that gesture to the Chiller as a means to ask, were is TJ, he can throw it deep enough. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Caine wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Now pos/by/pos breakdown

QB: D+ Some good throws, the late attempt to Percy was beautiful, but some equally bad throws to go with it. I can't give a good score when you throw 3 picks, regardless of how they came

RB: A+ AP = Beast, Gerhart played well too. I actually saw Tahi make some blocks!

TE: B+ Nice effort on the TD by Shank (I know, but fuck the refs), a grab by Sauce, decent performance

OL: A Amazingly, they actually played well. Good protection, good run blocking. I was impressed.

WR: B struggled at times getting open, but otherwise played well.

DL: C+ Hard to do well when on any given play, two players are being held. Not an exaggeration either. It was brutal. However, concern with JA still stands. He was manhandled by ONE player all game. And he wasn't even held much either, he just flat out stunk. (with the exception of the pick of course)

LB: C Good run support, crap pass defense. The middle of the field was WIDE open about 15 yards past the LOS

CB: C- We stink at coverage. Whatever we were doing that was working before, we need to start doing again. This was embarassing. Surprisingly Rodgers didn't top 300 yards, considering he had 200 yards in the first quarter alone. Perhaps they coudl play a full game maybe?

S: C+ Not much better than the CB's. A good pick by Madieu, but otherwise I saw alot of Packers receivers running open deep, and fortunately Rogers/Flynn Missed more than once, otherwise the game wouldn't be close.

K: C I did notice today Longwell was exceptionally bad on kickoffs. Not sure what the wind situation was like, but kickoffs barely inside the 20 aren't going to cut it.

Coverage: C Was equally as bad as the kicks. Too often we bunched up in the middle, saw the returner bounce outside and get a big gain. Thank god there were no House Calls, but it wasn't pretty.

Coaching: D- Just a fail on all accounts. From preparation, to playcalling, to challenges, to clock management. We can't get any worse. I'm officially back on the Fire Chilly bandwagon

Referees: F This is just brutal.
    I'm pretty much there with ya on the grading...although I don't blame Chiller himself for some of the errors during the game, but rather the guys upstairs who are supposed to clue him in on challengeable issues (Like the non-TD for GB).

I thought the Shiancoe call (Overturned TD) was horrible...that was the game right there. We score that, we're not pressing later...we win.

Still, we should have overcome...and almost did.

Caine
    Got to disagree with you on piss-poor call on the Shiancoe TD as that being the reason we lose.

Favre's 3 INT's, slip, fall & overthrown pass to Moss played a bigger role.

I would agree that the on the last throw to Moss we were pressing, but we were winning the game when Favre's first INT lead to a TD drive by GB. That put GB up by 4.

I still don't think we were pressing on Favre's 2nd INT which was the pick 6 as it was mid 3rd quarter with plenty of time.

Those two Favre INT's resulted in back-to-back TD's & 14 points for GB.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Anyone think that maybe, just maybe, they didn't have a play that could get them down there?

We sure didn't have a QB out there that could do anything but possibly throw an INT and give the PUKERS another easy 6.

My guess, Randy was making that gesture to the Chiller as a means to ask, were is TJ, he can throw it deep enough. :laugh:
    umm... did you not watch the previous play? They had a play. It resulted in a big gain by Moss, wiped out by a questionable PI call. It was the type of 'push off' that could have just as easilly not been called.

purpledoom is offline Starter

Yea... I still tend to think Chiller is a tool. Does he have a right to think Favre cost them the game? Yes, but to openly do it in a press conference ? Stupid, he's going to be the divisive person on the team I'm afraid. Did Favre cost us the game? Maybe, have the balls to pull him and put somebody with two good ankles in then.
    And how can you not challenge that GB TD ! It was a great game to watch, but damn we should have watched this one. Oh and yea I love to watch Favre but I'm at the point where I'm starting to question whether he is the best option. Not cause he sucks...elbow, ankle, personal crisis. He is nothing if not a warrior, but all warriors run out of time somtime you know.

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm actually enjoying this.
    None

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

hmmmm, let's see here. Not an elaborate analysis, here are my thoughts after another disappointing game.

Good GamePlan on offense. Completely disagree with Childress' decision at the end of the first half..."we decided to take one shot, and we did." WTF???

Visaaaaant was jobbed.

Adrian played like a man possessed. Gerhart looks like he might be (might be) coming around...need to see more.

Harvin...just get him the ball; I think Bevell and Chiller get that, they did.

Defense has lost something. No longer a tough team to run on and 0 pass rush. Not a good scenario.

I truly believe if we win that game, we end up Division Champs at the end of the year. Now, I'm afraid this Team will be 2-5 after New England and am fearful of things unravelling quickly thereafter.

At the end of the day, QB play was erratic and cost us the game.

Oh, and one more thing, Collingsworth is a tool.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast