Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: VIKINGS vs PACKERS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

He looks hurt. He looks like he did when he hurt his knee 2 years ago. Simply average.

SkolPensacola is offline Training Camp

Totally agree. Penalties weren't a problem till the end when the game was on the line.

If we're going to have a solid shot at the playoffs, we can only lose two more games. With Pats next weekend, one more with GB, Giants, @ Philly & two with Chicago, it's gonna be tough.
    None

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

heartbreak loss.. i never thought i would say this, but this is the 2nd game that we lost mainly due to favres turnovers (Jets pick 6, and todays pick 6). I think to myself that damn I wish he would of stayed retired, but then again, he does give us the best chance of winning. rb + oline did excellent.

one thing i dont understand is, when you see that your front 4 are not getting any pressure at all on the qb, why arent you blitzing? yea i understand rodgers is in shotgun with sometimes 3 WR or 4 WR sets but sometimes you do use a blitz scheme where the coverage gets picked up in zones eventhough your sending extra heat to force the qb to make a quick decision. The Jets/Ravens/Steelers do it all the time.

Def did come up big when it needed to like in the last 4th down, but i felt that rodgers did walk all over them.

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter

All I can say is that was a horribly reffed game. Especially on during the last drive. How does Berrian getting shoulder tackled after 5 yards during that Brett Favre sack not get called. Clay Matthews rips his helmet off mid play and no penalty. Harvin clearly was interfered with with the non-td catch. Oh and lets not forget Shiancoe's TD that was overturned.

With that being said the coaching staff needs to pull thier heads out of thier asses and become less predictable and more agressive in both offense and defense. Since our front four isnt creating the pressure needed we need to blitz more often. Maybe its me but our LB core seems to play soft and EJ is often in the wrong hole or late getting to the ball carrier. Our CB's are playing 8 to 10 yards off the WR's...can you say easy pickens... :blink:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Now pos/by/pos breakdown

QB: D+ Some good throws, the late attempt to Percy was beautiful, but some equally bad throws to go with it. I can't give a good score when you throw 3 picks, regardless of how they came

RB: A+ AP = Beast, Gerhart played well too. I actually saw Tahi make some blocks!

TE: B+ Nice effort on the TD by Shank (I know, but fuck the refs), a grab by Sauce, decent performance

OL: A Amazingly, they actually played well. Good protection, good run blocking. I was impressed.

WR: B struggled at times getting open, but otherwise played well.

DL: C+ Hard to do well when on any given play, two players are being held. Not an exaggeration either. It was brutal. However, concern with JA still stands. He was manhandled by ONE player all game. And he wasn't even held much either, he just flat out stunk. (with the exception of the pick of course)

LB: C Good run support, crap pass defense. The middle of the field was WIDE open about 15 yards past the LOS

CB: C- We stink at coverage. Whatever we were doing that was working before, we need to start doing again. This was embarassing. Surprisingly Rodgers didn't top 300 yards, considering he had 200 yards in the first quarter alone. Perhaps they coudl play a full game maybe?

S: C+ Not much better than the CB's. A good pick by Madieu, but otherwise I saw alot of Packers receivers running open deep, and fortunately Rogers/Flynn Missed more than once, otherwise the game wouldn't be close.

K: C I did notice today Longwell was exceptionally bad on kickoffs. Not sure what the wind situation was like, but kickoffs barely inside the 20 aren't going to cut it.

Coverage: C Was equally as bad as the kicks. Too often we bunched up in the middle, saw the returner bounce outside and get a big gain. Thank god there were no House Calls, but it wasn't pretty.

Coaching: D- Just a fail on all accounts. From preparation, to playcalling, to challenges, to clock management. We can't get any worse. I'm officially back on the Fire Chilly bandwagon

Referees: F This is just brutal.
    I'm pretty much there with ya on the grading...although I don't blame Chiller himself for some of the errors during the game, but rather the guys upstairs who are supposed to clue him in on challengeable issues (Like the non-TD for GB).

I thought the Shiancoe call (Overturned TD) was horrible...that was the game right there. We score that, we're not pressing later...we win.

Still, we should have overcome...and almost did.

Caine

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Last I checked, it's a 15 yard penalty to remove your helmet.

How can the NFL not punish officials? In the real world, you get punished for fucking up. This crew was horrible. They effectively gave the Packers 8 points in the first half. They should have kicked the FG instead of the TD to Quarless(4) and we should have had a TD to Shiancoe, not a field goal(4). 4+4=8.

Really questionable calls all night, none of which seemed to go our way, except for the Percy TD... but they actually got that one right on the review.

WTF is wrong with Childress? Why sit on the ball at the half? The excuse Andrea Kremer gave was a joke too.

Anyone notice how well our line blocks when we pull guys, man block. The zone blocking STILL doesn't work.

The line played great overall tonight. The sacks and hits are on Favre tonight. Gotta get rid of the ball.

I'm getting really sick of the slow starting. Every game we come out and can't move the ball.

I was calling for Jackson after the second pick.Favre looks awful with flashes of brilliance.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Horrible game for us, them, refs and everyone involved..

Do people still think that Brett Favre gives this team the best chance to win?, He is limping around and making horrible throws..

He is injured, he has personal problems on his mind.. This is not the time for him to play.. From listening to his presser, he doesnt sound like he is ready to play, he just cant pull the plug on himself..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

favre did have some bad throws, but he did make it up somewhat, with that long pass to harvin, and he threw a perfect pass to shiancoe that got called back which was bullshit in my opinion.

as for chilly, i just watched his press confrence and i cant say i disagree with anything he said. he sure is pissed off in the presser but thats good, thats the first time in 5 years that ive seen the guy somewhat angry..

Chilly Presser

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Quarterback: F. Favre was absolutely terrible again even though he had all day to throw.

Running Backs: A. AD ran pretty well and Tahi was great. Pretty good pass blocking and a few good receptions.

Wide Receivers: C. Everyone except Harvin left something to be desired. Nothing really exciting from them.

Tight Ends: B-. Nothing special again. Shiancoe almost had a nice catch, but a lot of good things almost happened today.

O line: A. Phenominal job. They made everyone's job easy. Favre had all day to throw and AD had some holes. Rarely did they get pushed back. Completely shut down Clay.

D-Line: D. A couple bat downs and a pick but they need to get pressure on the quarterback if we're gonna win games.

LBs: C+. Not really that involved. Didn't make a lot of plays but did screw up a lot.

Secondary: D+. Tyrell played okay for once. Frank Walker struggled but at least made one play. Chris Cook was awful and Asher wasn't much better.

Special Teams: B-. Bad kickoffs but Harvin had a nice return and they were afraid to kick to him. Could've made a bigger difference.

Coaching: A-. The playcalling was great. Definitely put us in position for a big win if not for Favre. Loved the play-action to Harvin on third and short. Also, our biggest threat, Clay Matthews, was completely neutralized. That was undoubtedly part of the game plan.

Vvajk is offline Waterboy

It was a frustrating loss to say the least and though The Vikes and Favre made their share of mistakes, it was the zebras and bad coaching that handed the Packers a win tonight on a silver platter. The reffing was right up there with the NFC Championship last year. Ridiculous! By the time you ad up the BS TD given to the Packers, and the legit one taken from the Vikes you're talking a 14 pt game difference. Add that all in and you have a solid win over GB tonight. Not to mention the BS interference on Moss at the end of the 1st half, and Clay Mathews tearing off his own helmet during the last drive, which should have been a 15 yard personal foul.

All That aside as bad as the offense looked tonight at times, it also looked the best it's looked so far this season. Favre made some good passes tonight. That big bomb to Moss was right on. Anyway, even though they lost tonight, I actually have some hope that they might be finally starting to put together an offense.

Oh yeah, for those of you criticizing Favre for that last incomplete. . .I'm convinced if it had been complete, the refs would have called a holding penalty to bring it back. There was no way in Hell those refs were going to let The Vikes win tonight.

All I can say beyond that, is watch out Green Bay, cause next time in Minneapolis it's gonna be a whole different experience!
    None

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast