Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

VIKINGS vs PACKERS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

The Division slipping away more and more each Sunday.

Still zero Defensive pressure up front. But it was nice to get some picks.

Percy is a stud.

AD is a stud.

Favre pisses me off. Those 2 throws were fricken bad...really bad. Defense did not even have to make a play on either. Also, if it is not there...get rid of the ball!!!

The Load penalty hurt, although I do not think he did it on purpose.

The Pack tried to give us this fricken game...and we gave it right back to them.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: VIKINGS vs PACKERS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

I put this lost on 3 things...
    1) The loss of Ced and Abdullah hurt us. It's not a coincidence that we give up the most passing yards we have this season with him out of the lineup.

2) Brett continues to make terrible plays. The underhand chuck is cute when you are up... not when you are down. 2 of those Ints were worst than anything i have ever seen TJ throw.

3) The play calling. motion to Harvin worked well in the first half and all last game... why not go back to it. We are facing a team that has a back up LT playing DT because of depth... why aren't we gassing them from the first play?

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Kudos to the pass protection. They did pretty good.

Otherwise things went about as I predicted except not quite as many points as I thought. Our secondary did a lot better than I expected.

Favre seems indestructible......but he should retire. He did pretty well until that guy tried to twist his leg off. One leg is not enough to play football.

Gotta love the Percy/Moss combo.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brutal Game.

Go ahead, flame me, bash me, call me a favre crotchsniffer, whatever, but the blame of that game goes to Coaching.

The way I saw it.

Favre threw a bad game, no denying that. some throws were off, and some bad picks, however:

Pick 1. Favre got hit low (should be a penalty with the new rules, no? anyway) as he was unloading, altering the direction of the pass, throwing way behind. I've seen worse picks before

Pick 2. MOss was running a short hook from the look of it, and a proper throw outside might have worked. However, just as Favre was about to unload, Moss took off. More work/chemistry/communication between QB and WR would fix those. Now, he's only been here a few weeks, but that still comes down to what happens in practice. Favre thought he'd stay, Moss thought otherwise.

Pick 3. Great play by the defender. POor decision into coverage, but a great individual effort by GB.

The end of the second half was an abortion. Just terrible. Run, Pack call a TO. Run, we call a TO, Long Bomb, get a penalty, then run the clock. Genieus...

Then bad playcalling all over the place, no challenge on the first Packer TD?

Chilly really brings us down.

But jsut to clarify for all the haters, YES, Favre did NOT play very well. He had some very good throws, and some bad ones. Better than he played vs. the Jets, but still pretty bad.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I think he lost us this game. The throw to moss was hoe...ren...dus! Lets not pretend that it wasn't. He shows some flashes but he simply makes a lot of terrible throws.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't say this much but the refs took 7 points from us. The refs are horrible this year. Just look at the way Miami got screwed today. They are making me not want to watch football anymore.

petev_sj is offline Training Camp

No one wants to lose a close game like that. But what a great game to experience as a fan.

Favre...well you win with him and you lose with him. His two silly interceptions were all his fault. He is not as careful with the ball this year as he was last year. But I would not have it any other way. It's great to have number 4 in purple. And I still think the Vikings will make the playoffs.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Now pos/by/pos breakdown

QB: D+ Some good throws, the late attempt to Percy was beautiful, but some equally bad throws to go with it. I can't give a good score when you throw 3 picks, regardless of how they came

RB: A+ AP = Beast, Gerhart played well too. I actually saw Tahi make some blocks!

TE: B+ Nice effort on the TD by Shank (I know, but fuck the refs), a grab by Sauce, decent performance

OL: A Amazingly, they actually played well. Good protection, good run blocking. I was impressed.

WR: B struggled at times getting open, but otherwise played well.

DL: C+ Hard to do well when on any given play, two players are being held. Not an exaggeration either. It was brutal. However, concern with JA still stands. He was manhandled by ONE player all game. And he wasn't even held much either, he just flat out stunk. (with the exception of the pick of course)

LB: C Good run support, crap pass defense. The middle of the field was WIDE open about 15 yards past the LOS

CB: C- We stink at coverage. Whatever we were doing that was working before, we need to start doing again. This was embarassing. Surprisingly Rodgers didn't top 300 yards, considering he had 200 yards in the first quarter alone. Perhaps they coudl play a full game maybe?

S: C+ Not much better than the CB's. A good pick by Madieu, but otherwise I saw alot of Packers receivers running open deep, and fortunately Rogers/Flynn Missed more than once, otherwise the game wouldn't be close.

K: C I did notice today Longwell was exceptionally bad on kickoffs. Not sure what the wind situation was like, but kickoffs barely inside the 20 aren't going to cut it.

Coverage: C Was equally as bad as the kicks. Too often we bunched up in the middle, saw the returner bounce outside and get a big gain. Thank god there were no House Calls, but it wasn't pretty.

Coaching: D- Just a fail on all accounts. From preparation, to playcalling, to challenges, to clock management. We can't get any worse. I'm officially back on the Fire Chilly bandwagon

Referees: F This is just brutal.

keystonevike is offline Starter

Score would have been worse if that GB receiver didn't trip over the 5-yard line on that fake FG.
    On the serious side, WTF did Chilly not challenge the 2nd GB TD, I'll never know. Kinda losing my patience with him. DL still getting zero pressure. OL showed a little improvement, except for Load's penalty. Favre sucked.
    Never mind the division, the playoffs may be slipping away. I'm not hitting the panic button yet, tho', 'cause the NFC seems to be wide open this year. But we gotta start being consistent and stop losing winnable games.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well, if the Packers can stop our DL and score the points they did with the injuries they have then they are certainly a deeper, more well coached team even though IMHO McCarthy had some stupid decisions today too.

We might as well send Brett home and play Jackson because the division title isn't going to stay in Minn with play like we are getting.

BTW

I have watched a whole bunch of Jared Allen plays over the past several games and it looks to me like he is playing half speed and running right into the blocks. Is the a LT in the league who can't block him 1 on 1 all game long? Maybe he should take a look at growing the mullet back out again.

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast