Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings vs. Packers

I was at the game yesterday and never cheered louder when Jackson came in. If Childress does not start him on Thursday I am going to start doubting him as a coach.
    Jackson look cool, calm, and poised.
    He did not play like a rookie in my eyes.
    This guy gives us the best shot to win (PERIOD).
    The game was absolutely horrible to watch when Johnson was in there. I am going to be so pumped to see Jackson take on the pack.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings vs. Packers

"marstc09" wrote:
    I was at the game yesterday and never cheered louder when Jackson came in. If Childress does not start him on Thursday I am going to start doubting him as a coach.
    The game was absolutely horrible to watch when Johnson was in there. I am going to be so pumped to see Jackson take on the pack.
    I was at the game and I cheered louder when:
    * The Vikings were coming out of the tunnel before the game
    * Pennington fumbled on the 2nd play and the Vikings recovered.
    * Brad Johnson hit Travis Taylor for the ensuing TD.

That was about it - but that was about all there was to cheer about.
    I didn't really cheer for Jackson so much as mutter, "It's about time, Childress."

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I was at the game and I cheered louder when:
    * The Vikings were coming out of the tunnel before the game
    * Pennington fumbled on the 2nd play and the Vikings recovered.
    * Brad Johnson hit Travis Taylor for the ensuing TD.

That was about it - but that was about all there was to cheer about.
    I didn't really cheer for Jackson so much as mutter, "It's about time, Childress."

=Z=
    Same here.
    I really think that had TJ started the second half we would have had a better shot.
    Not saying that we definitely would have won, but I think our odds were better with TJ.

TJ did make some rookie plays.
    But all in all he had a good showing last night.
    I have high hopes for him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Man we need to win this game. It's the freakin fudgepacking sheep loving retarded-ass pack. Ugggghhhhhhhh better start T-jack
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I uttered the same "it's about time" when Brad was pulled.
    If you'd have asked me before the game, I'd have thought Childress would have been crazy to start Jackson.
    I was impressed with Jackson, though.
    He did look better than a rookie.
    I liked when he got outside the pocket and threw the one ball away down the sideline.
    One thing that concerned me, was he looked a little eager to pull it down and run, which worked great the first time he did it, but after that, it wasn't so easy.
    Hopefully he's able to use his legs to buy time until someone gets open downfield, and then as a last resort only, takes off running.

One thing about our team, and I think this is Childress more than anything, we didn't seem to have any sense of urgency late in that game, knowing what we needed in terms of scores to get into the game, and everyone was just casually walking back to the huddle, burning 25-30 sec's off the clock, when we should be getting plays off in 15-20 seconds.

And what was with the clock still running after McMullen I believe it was went out of bounds before being touched.
    He came down in bounds, but he went out before he was touched, that should stop the clock.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

I think it would do TJ much good to be started this Thursday.
    Primetime, Lamo field and against favretard.
    Lets see what hes got.
    If childress starts johnson or bollinger, he is no better than tice, maybe dumber.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Here is my dillema.. I have tickets to this thursdays game with the Vikes and Cheese.. I have a broken foot that is very painful at the moment.. I said yesterday that if BJ is starting, I am staying home and watching the game on tv.. If TJ starts, I am looking past the pain and watching him play in person..

So in other words, I hope Childress gets off his a$$ and names the starter very quickly.. I have friends that would love to go to the game.. I would also hate to go and be in pain just to watch BJ throw INT's all day long.. Not to mention his stupid little dump passes on 3rd down..

purple_wolf is offline Waterboy

I'd really love to see T-jack play and get him some valuable experience, as well as a better evaluation of his skills instead of one quarter against a prevent defense.
    All year long we've seen what BJ can do and it's been (and i'm being generous here) average at best.
    I'd like to see what T-jack can do for these last two games.
    he might do bad or he might do good it's a big question mark but at this point in the season i'm willing to take a chance on him compared what BJ has done all season.

MinnyFan is offline Rookie

i just got off the phone with my friend who is a packer fan that im going to the game with on thursday and when i told him t-jack is probably gonna start he was just like "f*ck" cuz he knows whats up... I really hope he starts, i can't wait to watch him live if he does.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Here is my dillema.. I have tickets to this thursdays game with the Vikes and Cheese.. I have a broken foot that is very painful at the moment.. I said yesterday that if BJ is starting, I am staying home and watching the game on tv.. If TJ starts, I am looking past the pain and watching him play in person..

So in other words, I hope Childress gets off his a$$ and names the starter very quickly.. I have friends that would love to go to the game.. I would also hate to go and be in pain just to watch BJ throw INT's all day long.. Not to mention his stupid little dump passes on 3rd down..
    Don't count on Childress naming the starter too quickly.
    It is still somewhat of a strategic advantage.
    But I will be surprised if TJ isn't starting.
    If I were you, I would plan on going.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast