Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings vs. Lions tailgate party - Who's going

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=40005.msg682392#msg682392 date=1196433893]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=40005.msg682389#msg682389 date=1196433702]
    Update on me and my buddies making it to tailgating:

The weather forecast in central MN and ND is looking grim.
    We are expecting to get a layer of freezing rain and ice followed by six inches of snow on Saturday.
    We unfortunately have a Saturday commitment that we can't get out of, so the plan right now is to drive to Villard sometime in the afternoon and wait out the weather there.
    Hopefully on Sunday we will be able to get on the road by 7:30 or so so we can make tailgating, but don't hold your breath.

We are still definately going to the game, I just don't know for sure if we will get there early enough to make tailgating.
    Your best bet is too leave tonight.
    I would love to, but we have a wedding on Saturday in Wahpeton, ND on Saturday.
    You might be screwed. It is supposed to snow all day saturday starting at noon and up until sunday morning.

I know.
    We aren't going to push it if the weather is looking bad.
    But we will be ready to go on Sunday if it lets up and the roads clear up.

Of course, if we can't make it to Minny, my dad, my buddy and I will have to do all those jello shots ourselves...
    Don't take this the wrong way, but my first thought after I read that you may not make it was to wonder if you could FedEx overnight the jello shots.
    [/quote]

LOL.

For the record, I still intend to do everything I can to make it.
    I am just not going to be stupid about it.
    [/quote]

Leaving at 7:30am is not "do(ing) everything (you) can to make it."
    Leave at FIVE!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

MNgriff is offline Rookie

"marstc09" wrote:
    "carterAD5822" wrote:
    sounds awsome and they serve food and stuff?
    I bring my own beer and there is a grill there that you can throw your burgers, brats or hot dogs on.
    Wow really? So I just bring the meat and a few buns and it's no problem? NICE. I make a killer chicken bacon swiss on the grill. What kind of grill will I have to work with?
    Skol

"MNgriff" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "carterAD5822" wrote:
    sounds awsome and they serve food and stuff?
    I bring my own beer and there is a grill there that you can throw your burgers, brats or hot dogs on.
    Wow really? So I just bring the meat and a few buns and it's no problem? NICE. I make a killer chicken bacon swiss on the grill. What kind of grill will I have to work with?
    Small and gassy.

=Z=

I'll make it work!
    ;D Just may have to bring a few extra in case I screw up. I'm sure no one would turn down a free sandwich if I have extra.
    Skol

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=40005.msg682395#msg682395 date=1196434043]

We are expecting to get a layer of freezing rain and ice followed by six inches of snow on Saturday.
    We unfortunately have a Saturday commitment that we can't get out of, so the plan right now is to drive to Villard sometime in the afternoon and wait out the weather there.
    Hopefully on Sunday we will be able to get on the road by 7:30 or so so we can make tailgating, but don't hold your breath.

We are still definately going to the game, I just don't know for sure if we will get there early enough to make tailgating.
    You might be screwed. It is supposed to snow all day saturday starting at noon and up until sunday morning.

I know.

Of course, if we can't make it to Minny, my dad, my buddy and I will have to do all those jello shots ourselves...
    Don't take this the wrong way, but my first thought after I read that you may not make it was to wonder if you could FedEx overnight the jello shots.
    [/quote]

LOL.

[/quote]

Leave at FIVE!

=Z=
    [/quote]

Shit.
    If I leave at five I will be on the road before MNDOT is.
    I like the AWD in my Pacifica, but I really think it will do better if the Snow Plows get a chance to hit the roads first.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=40005.msg682401#msg682401 date=1196434332]

I know.

[/quote]

LOL.

[/quote]

Leave at FIVE!

=Z=
    [/quote]

Shit.
    I like the AWD in my Pacifica, but I really think it will do better if the Snow Plows get a chance to hit the roads first.
    [/quote]

If you leave earlier it will be snowing more. I hope you make it here and do so safely.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I know.

[/quote]

LOL.

[/quote]

Leave at FIVE!
    [/quote]

Shit.
    [/quote]

The plows will be out all night long!
    They know the Vikings are playing at home on Sunday!

In all honesty - they are saying the heaviest snow is going to be North and West of the TC.
    Might be worth your while to get as far south into SD as you can before heading straight east....

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=40005.msg682403#msg682403 date=1196434496]

I know.

[/quote]

LOL.

[/quote]

Leave at FIVE!
    [/quote]

pooh.
    [/quote]

In all honesty - they are saying the heaviest snow is going to be North and West of the TC.
    Might be worth your while to get as far south into SD as you can before heading straight east....

=Z=
    [/quote]

Might be more of an ice event in the south. This storm is predicted to be wide spread and hit us in northeast Nebraska with accumulations of snow as well as freezing rain and ice.

Have a safe trip everyone.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=40005.msg682409#msg682409 date=1196435772]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=40005.msg682403#msg682403 date=1196434496]

I know.

[/quote]

LOL.

[/quote]

Leave at FIVE!
    [/quote]

pooh.
    [/quote]

=Z=
    [/quote]

Might be more of an ice event in the south. This storm is predicted to be wide spread and hit us in northeast Nebraska with accumulations of snow as well as freezing rain and ice.

Have a safe trip everyone.
    [/quote]

Yup, they are predicting freezing rain all along the I-90 corridor.
    It isn't looking too promising.
    I'll make the decision on Sunday morning.
    Maybe it'll be clear skies all day.
    After all weathermen aren't exactly known for their accuracy. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Even still I-90 is a bad idea for driving when bad weather threatens. If the wind comes they'll shut it down in a heartbeat and then you'll find yourself stuck in Laverne or Worthington watching the game from your hotel room if your lucky and if your not the plow truck garage. mmmm good times.
    Skol

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast