Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Vikings vs. Lions pre-game articles - Peterson is a go

"El" wrote:
    C Mac

Q1.Did you go to the game last Sunday?

Q2.Do you mean you won´t change Troy for Calvin Johnson?

1.) No, not to be a downer... but I got news last week that a friend of mine from college passed away and I just didn't really feel like the game was that important.

2.) I'd take Johnson... but he didn't look like the Superstar everyone expected on Thursday.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Pretty interesting article about AD and some broader questions of ethics in sports medicine by one of my favorite sports writers, King Kaufman of salon.com. Hits on a lot of points posters have been bringing up here the last two weeks. [Note: you will probably have to watch a short advertisement in order to read the article, but it's pretty painless.]

[size=14pt]King Kaufman's Sports Daily [/size]
    Adrian Peterson is set to return, but should the Vikings have shut him down? And does the team's record figure into that decision?

Crunchem is offline Rookie

Really I think bringing him back in a limited basis is a good idea....he needs to back into the groove of things.
    Injury wise i would think almost a month should be enough for that limited action.

Teams will have to game plan for him and thats a plus for the vikes...if anything he could be a hell of a decoy.
    Lets go fishing

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I certainly think handing him the ball 20 times would be ridiculous. Work him in slowly. Chester is doing just fine.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Woody will get shot to start at problematic right tackle spot[/size]

[bTuesday, Nov 27, 2007 11:10 am EST[/b]

Damien Woody is moving to the right to regain a starting job on the Detroit Lions offensive line the Detroit News reported.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"Crunchem" wrote:
    Really I think bringing him back in a limited basis is a good idea....he needs to back into the groove of things.
    Injury wise i would think almost a month should be enough for that limited action.

Teams will have to game plan for him and thats a plus for the vikes...if anything he could be a hell of a decoy.
    Agreed. You know Detroit's D will bite on the play action if nothing else.

I'd add that I wouldn't mind seeing him in perhaps some unconventional looks. For example put him in the slot as a decoy to try and attract a DB, leaving at least one of our wideouts in single coverage. Or (for the love of God and all things holy, I've been waiting to see this all year) put him and Chester on the field at the same time in a split back formation. Then run a play action pass.

I just feel like there's so many other ways a player like Adrian could be used that the coaches haven't exploited yet. Maybe they're just waiting for the playoffs.
    :P

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We need to run at the defensive ends and outside the ends early and often this game to slow them down and to make the interior linemen(Especially Rodgers) tired early so we can pound it at them in the 4th quarter. Get birk out there pulling and keep the tight ends in and we will run all over them. But if we try spreading it out and running up the middle we will not be as successful and their interior line will have a better chance at making a long day for our offense

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

with their D line outta sync, we need to bulldoze the ball at them so that selling the play action will be automatic.

and once they get to understand CT's speed, throw in AP and let um go. Tjack just needs to be consistant and accurate, and a run first scheme should win this.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    "Crunchem" wrote:

I'd add that I wouldn't mind seeing him in perhaps some unconventional looks. For example put him in the slot as a decoy to try and attract a DB, leaving at least one of our wideouts in single coverage. Or (for the love of God and all things holy, I've been waiting to see this all year) put him and Chester on the field at the same time in a split back formation. Then run a play action pass.

I just feel like there's so many other ways a player like Adrian could be used that the coaches haven't exploited yet. Maybe they're just waiting for the playoffs.
    me too purple brother... me too...

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "Crunchem" wrote:

me too purple brother... me too...
    Richardson appears to be a go this week too.
    Should be fun to watch.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast