Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    This team sucks. Good thing is that I am no longer paying good money for the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch them choke like this rather I am watching it on free tv on the NFL highlights, or in the Vikings case, lowlights. Seriously? This team is beyond pathetic.

If I were Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson I would seriously ask for a trade. The Vikings would get some great draft picks, and other teams would jump on those two in a heartbeat. Unless they don't care about winning a Championship and just making money I don't see why either of them would want to stay here. By the time the Vikings get around to being good again these guys will be close to retirement if not retired.

Looks like without the Sunday Ticket package that I will be forced to watching more Green Bay games seeing as though I live in Green Bay. That is alright though as I get to watch a team that knows how to win a game, and a coaching staff that knows how to call a game. Never thought I would be ok with watching a Green Bay game and not being able to watch a Viking game, but I am to that point now. Sick and tired of spending big money on this team and supporting them all these years to get this. They have never given their fans anything, and with the way things are going, they never will. To see all these fans of Green Bay around here everyday ecstatic about the games, wearing SB Champion clothes, and even seeing Packer players in our dealership buying vehicles, I tell ya, its making me realize what they have in a team and what I have been supporting these past 20 years, a bunch of posers that choke year after year, the Minnesota Vikings.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone really expect more than this? The team wasn't going anywhere from day 1 and nothing has changed.
    Get a QB who can actually hit a WR when they are open and we might actually win a few games.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    We need to get our first half leads up to 42-0.

singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    This team sucks. Good thing is that I am no longer paying good money for the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch them choke like this rather I am watching it on free tv on the NFL highlights, or in the Vikings case, lowlights. Seriously? This team is beyond pathetic.

If I were Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson I would seriously ask for a trade. The Vikings would get some great draft picks, and other teams would jump on those two in a heartbeat. Unless they don't care about winning a Championship and just making money I don't see why either of them would want to stay here. By the time the Vikings get around to being good again these guys will be close to retirement if not retired.

Looks like without the Sunday Ticket package that I will be forced to watching more Green Bay games seeing as though I live in Green Bay. That is alright though as I get to watch a team that knows how to win a game, and a coaching staff that knows how to call a game. Never thought I would be ok with watching a Green Bay game and not being able to watch a Viking game, but I am to that point now. Sick and tired of spending big money on this team and supporting them all these years to get this. They have never given their fans anything, and with the way things are going, they never will. To see all these fans of Green Bay around here everyday ecstatic about the games, wearing SB Champion clothes, and even seeing Packer players in our dealership buying vehicles, I tell ya, its making me realize what they have in a team and what I have been supporting these past 20 years, a bunch of posers that choke year after year, the Minnesota Vikings.
    You do realize of course, you can get NFL Sunday ticket for free, don't you?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    A 42 point lead at half time only means our opponents will out-score us by 45 in the second half.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Nah, that won't work.

The better we look in the first half, the more monumental the collapse in the second.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    How about McNabb in the first half and Ponder in the second half?

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Going for it on the 4th and 1 was stupid. As a team that has struggled scoring, you must take the damn field goal. Still if you are going for it in that situation you use your 100 million dollar running back.

McNabb was average and I mean that in the worst possible way. I disagree with anyone that criticizes our wide receivers because most of the time they had to make a play on the ball to even catch it. That catch by Rudolph in which McNabb threw waaaay behind him and he still managed to grab it was special. That kid deserves more of Shank's reps. Jenkins is looking like a solid signing....too bad we are missing that true deep threat receiver to pair him with.

OL was nothing special. If not for McNabb's mobility he would have been on his ass a lot more. Hutchinson did make one hell of a seal on that Peterson touchdown run.

Defensive line was very good. Anyone still want to argue about Robison starting and missing Ray Edwards? Jared Allen played like a man possessed. Great to see Kevin back inside.

Linebackers. You know they look like world beaters in run support but when asked to drop back in coverage it falls apart. EJ is a big part of that. If this team has plans moving forward to keep the cover 2 then it needs to draft or sign a free agent to replace him.

DB's - well I was impressed by Chris Cook. CJ really did not get off until Detroit started moving him around. Griffin on the other hand was being picked on by Stafford. It is not all his fault though. When Ced releases him into the zone coverage the guys have to be alert and realize who the fuck they are defending. You cannot give him that much space.

Special teams were awesome in large part due to Sherels. That kid is earning his roster spot.

Playcalling wasn't horrible but Musgrave is coming up looking like the fool when he is required to think. I blame Frazier just as much when he went for it on the 4th down instead of kicking the short field goal. Musgrave shouldn't have hd the opportunity to screw that up. I thought Pagac dropped the ball when Detroit adjusted and moved CJ off of Cook.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    1. Coaches don't coach QB's to throw the ball at receivers feet or bounce it way in front of them.

2. Had the coach not let AD talk him out of kicking the FG, the Vikings probably win 26-20.

3. Yup, the initial thought on 4th & 1 is to give it to AD to get us the yard if you go for it, but reality is kicking the FG makes the Lions get a TD to go ahead. Besides, AD's last 3 rushes netted a total of -3 yards.
    Sorry, Singer, but I have to disagree with you here. The way the Lions were throwing all over us at that point, all a Field Goal gets us is a 27-26 loss.

Going for it on 4th and 1 was the correct choice, but the play call was horrendous.

Of course we both know that you can't predict the future any more than you can change the past. A different call might have worked, might not, but we'll never know for sure. Just for the record, my call would have been same package, play-action fake to AD, dump short to a TE over the middle.

Also, if a HC lets just one of his players talk him out of something he was going to do, then he is weak and needs to go.

I am losing patience with McNabb. Great improvement from week 1 to 2, but not much more this week. 22 of 36 for 211 and 1 TD no picks is decent but not great. The accuracy definitely needs to improve.

Meanwhile, the guy I wanted (Hasselbeck) was 27 of 36 for 311 and 2 TDs, no picks. And his team won.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

I think I'm going to be sick.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast