Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by 5vikingsrule6 View Post
    It took me almost 2 days before I wanted to come here and face PPO. I figured i'd be more level headed and not crazy drunk anger typing.

Main thing we need to do. KEEP PLAYING THROUGH THE SECOND HALF.

Stop playing lets hold the lead and be slow the whole second half. Then once the other team catches up our team is cold and not where they should be.

QB - F
    RB - B+
    WR - F (percy gets a A)
    TE- D
    OL- C
    DL- B+ ( K williams back helped our d line)
    LB - F
    CB - c+ (Cook played ok..)
    S - F

It is sad that we have so much talent on your team and we cant use it to win games. I called our 2nd qtr crumble right when we went into half time.

Vikings need to either fire all coaching staff and just take away the whole childress era. OR start Ponder. Can't get any worse let the FSU guy play.
    I wouldn't have been so harsh on the TE's

Jimmy K was open on some poor passes from McNabb & also had at least 1 key block at the 40 that sprang Harvin (I believe it was) for a lot of extra yards.

K-Rud continues to impress, catching almost everything thrown his way, including bad passes as we witnessed yet again on Sunday.

Shiancoe caught the TD pass from a frantic McNabb.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    <br><br>Yep. That would be the case
    The problem is, even though our good friend Singer has tried for the last 3 weeks to lay this at Berrians feet, he can't cause the ball didn't hit him in the hands and he didn't drop it.

The QB over threw him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The problem is, even though our good friend Singer has tried for the last 3 weeks to lay this at Berrians feet, he can't cause the ball didn't hit him in the hands and he didn't drop it.

The QB over threw him.
    Not this week. McNabb clearly missed him this week & Berrian appeared to be where he should have been in his routes, unlike the past two weeks.

Also keep in mind even if the ball is on target, there's no guarantee lobster boy catches it.

However, he sure screwed up the last play of the 4th quarter by not going out of bounds so we could kick a game winning FG. Had that not been a forward lateral, that bone-head move of his cost us a win.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-27-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Not this week. McNabb clearly missed him this week & Berrian appeared to be where he should have been in his routes, unlike the past two weeks.

However, he sure screwed up the last play of the game by not going out of bounds so we could kick a winning FG. Had that not been a forward lateral, that bone-head move of his cost us the game.
    Your worse than my brother Mike. Dnabb has missed him on every deep throw he has thrown this whole season. Hell, he missed him twice (didn't even even throw it to him) against the Lions when he was wide open. Instead opting to throw into double coverage.

In short, he's been pretty good on his routes and has been open several times, not his fault the QB is mucking things up with respect to the passing game.

Of course, if the coaches weren't dicking around trying to be fancy with their play calling, we wouldn't have been in that situation anyways.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they go back to the C2 (rush 4) concept in the second half especially since we have seen that the Zone Press with Griff and Cook basically shut recievers down.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Dnabb has missed him on every deep throw he has thrown this whole season.
    Again, has he always truly missed him or has McNabb thrown the ball on some of those passes to where BB was supposed to be, but BB was a step to slow?

BB needs to get separation, not dragging a defender at his heels.

How well did he do when McNabb wasn't throwing to him & Favre was?
    Last edited by singersp; 09-27-2011 at 07:19 AM.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Should 0-3 be a big surprise?
    Did anyone honestly think this team was going to superbowl or even playoffs?
    What's with all the high expectations for this year? Denial!

New Head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator,and special teams coach.

New offensive system without an off-season program.

Inexperienced coaching staff. No GM. And handcuffed in free agency due to no cap room, because of the 'all-in' gamble the past two Favre years.

Frazier won't say it but it's a rebuild. And so far I like a lot of the things I'm seeing.

Next year McNabb will be gone as will Berrian, the line will improve, and we will have an opportunity to aquire some more good young players.

Musgrave will learn that it's ok to trick the other team, but only occasionally. There is nothing wrong with lining up and physically beating your opponent.
    When you have AD there is no shame in letting your O-Line pound on the defense in the second half. That's why we have those 2 and 3 tight end sets.

Pagac can't blitz play after play in the heat and humidity and expect his players to have anything left in the second half. Of course if the offense could get a first down or two it would help.

The coaches will learn from their mistakes.

I'm seeing some promise in this team that will take about 2 more years to be good.

Like Zeus, I have 4-12 expectations for this year. That gives me hope for the future despite the futility of an 0-3 start.

We need to give them all time to learn.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    While I agree with most of what you've said, I am still pissed off about our performance.

It's not that we are 0-3. It's HOW we ended up there. The first halves of all three games show that we have the talent and skills to match up with any team in this league. The second halves, for three straight weeks, show the reluctance to use those talents and skills properly.

I actually predicted us to start very slowly, 1-3 after four weeks, but come on strong later in the season for an 8-8 final record, maybe 9-7 with a bit of luck. KC was not the game I expected us to win, but with their problems it might end up that way.

So again, it's not the record that bothers me, it's the pattern.
    Last edited by Traveling_Vike; 09-27-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: fix typos

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415