Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I don't have time to read everyones posts this morning. Have to get ready to go into the closet for a couple of weeks, however, here is what I think......

Week 3 halftime score
    Vikes 20
    Lions 0

Week 2 halftime score
    Vikes 17
    Tampa 0

Week 1 halftime score
    Vikes 17
    Charges 7

In each instance we pretty much dominated the game not only statistically, but on the field as well.

The team made a few mistakes, but again, the scoreboard shows we were good enough to be winning.

This weekend was the worse. That first half was an ass whoopin like I haven't seen in many a year and then what happened?

Did our CB's forget how to shut down the guys they had shut down the first half?
    Did our OL forget how to block well enough to put the same amount of points we put up on the first half?
    Did the WR's somehow forget how to get open like they did in the first half?
    Did the RB's forget how to find open lanes to run?

Banish the thought. What we have seen each week is a team that came out on fire, played agressive and won the first half only to crawl into itself and go into what looks like a "Prevent" approach to playing the game.

I am 100% convinced this team has the TALENT to go 10-6/11-5 but we sure don't have the coaching staff that will let them.

Watching yesterdays defense, it was like watching Pagac call the first half and Leslie call the second half.

Watching the offense yesterday just left me scratching my head. If you have a scheme that doesn't call for a FB, why oh why, when you need 1 yard do you give the ball to a RB, in a FB position instead of giving it to the best RB playing in the league right now. Don't forget, he did that multiple times yesterday.

Hell, even Shortwell got the ball deep enough for 2 damn TB's. WTF are the coaches thinking?

I will say this, however, I watched real close yesterday to each one of Dnabbs throws. Everyone, unless it was a button hook pattern to to a WR that wasn't moving, was behind and low, unless of course you look at the couple he threw deep. Those were over thrown, AGAIN.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can tolerate watching a team develop on the fly and accept those mistakes, but what I can't tolerate is to watch a very talented team (THE FIRST HALF SCORES, 3 WEEKS IN A ROW ARE EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE) get taken out of the game by piss poor coaching.

Leslie, its time to pop your head out of your ass, get a O-coord that knows what he is doing and let coach Pagac keep calling the game like he calls them in the first half instead of reverting to your C2 prevent defense.
    You could have saved a lot of internet ink if you would have condensed the post down to the highlighted part.

The QB is paid to make those throws and if he does the coaching, the WR, the OL, the DL and the secondary deficiencies are moot because we win that game.

Every other unit and the coaching staff did enough to win this game but if you have a QB who has enough time and still can't get the ball to a players hands where it needs to be then you are not going to win many games.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    McNabb is no more singularly responsible for the loss than he would be for a win, and I find the idea that an ENTIRE team would cease to execute for an entire second half about as likely as you think it is about a lack of adjustment.

What it seems to me is that they vikings plan to do the same thing in the second half that they did in the first half (because, HEY, it worked, didn't it?) but fail to take into account that the other team has been paying attention and makes adjustments that interfere with the first half success. The smart attitude would be to expect such an eventuality and counter with a new look. Watch the Patriots play and see what I mean. There is a reason why Belichick is so successful.

You know, I had to listen to the game on KFAN because I was working but I did have it recorded on the DVR so later I was able to go through it play by play and rewind a few plays here and there and it seems to me the d-line certainly executed pretty well today. And as hard as I am on the secondary I thought they did a pretty fine job against a pretty potent offense and we did hold them to season low in points.

The fact remains- If McNabb hits Berrian on that pass play to the end zone we win the game. Period. That point alone to me indicates the rest of the did did enough to win if he just hits a player in the hands. ( Although I know with Berrian that is till not a sealed deal but.

As far as the Patriots- believe me I do watch them as they are my favorite team after the Vikings. They live and die by the play of Brady and yesterday was a prime example. They jumped out to a lead as he threw TD's and then ended up losing as he threw 4 INT's.

But I suppose that loss was also on the coaching then too if those are your standards.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

The fact remains- If McNabb hits Berrian on that pass play to the end zone we win the game. Period. That point alone to me indicates the rest of the did did enough to win if he just hits a player in the hands. ( Although I know with Berrian that is till not a sealed deal but.
    If it hits him in the hands & he drops it (high probability), we just end up shifting the blame for the loss from McNabb to Berrian.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    PLENTY OF BLAME TO GO AROUND
    Here are some interesting stats that I procured from NFL.com:
    D.McNabb= 29th ranked QB....just in front of Luke McCown and Matt Cassel. 58% comp pct 2TD's 1 Int. 159 yds gm. 47-81 comp/att
    Top Receiver: Micael Jenkins 15 total catches for 143 yds tied w/nine players for 22nd in league. Next was Percy, tied for 47th, then AP, then Toby, then Shank, then Aroshamadu?, the good old Bernard, coming in at 256th in the league with one catch for 17 yds.
    Team Stats: Third in rushing, avg. 159 yds per, 4th in rushing defense with a nice 67 yds per, and 29th in pass defense giving up just under 300 yds per.
    AP is avg 19 touches a game, 98yds per.
    I think that says it all.
    You will find plenty of blame in those stats. For all.
    On a lighter note, I have Mike Vick and Matt Hassleback on one of my fantasy teams. Who do you think has had the better season so far? Yea, that Matt Hassleback.
    Animal, good post!! realize that BB being 256th in the league for receptions is NOT a knock on him, its a knock on the coaching staff, not targeting our #1 WR enough maybe? The AP stats are to show the he is getting less 20 carries a game and not getting 100yds a game. And the McNabb stats are mostly to show that it could not be any worse than starting the roookie. So really you can blame who you want....#1 the staff, #2 McNabb. Second half collapses, McChunky not having the wind to make it happen later in games?

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    We are NOT using Peterson enough. End of story.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan787 View Post
    We are NOT using Peterson enough. End of story.
    And we are using Musgrove too much. Treat him like Reid treated Chilly. Let him come up with a game plan then sit his ass on the sidelines and someone else call the plays.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    You know, I had to listen to the game on KFAN because I was working but I did have it recorded on the DVR so later I was able to go through it play by play and rewind a few plays here and there and it seems to me the d-line certainly executed pretty well today. And as hard as I am on the secondary I thought they did a pretty fine job against a pretty potent offense and we did hold them to season low in points.

As far as the Patriots- believe me I do watch them as they are my favorite team after the Vikings. They live and die by the play of Brady and yesterday was a prime example. They jumped out to a lead as he threw TD's and then ended up losing as he threw 4 INT's.

But I suppose that loss was also on the coaching then too if those are your standards.

It was NOT McNabb's fault that it got to the point of needing that pass to Berrian.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

purpledoom is offline Starter
    It was not all McNabb's fault...but his passes were consistently behind recievers and low. On top of that did anyone else think during the sideline camera shots he looked like he was getting gassed in the first half ? Get's me is even the announcers were saying "i'll give up those short passes all day".. I mean wtf...give em all day and guess what they get first downs and then touch downs and you loose. And that seems to be the recipe for all 3 team we have lost to. What's it take to figure that one out !

mamaluke is offline Starter
    Where is Brooks Bollinger when you need him? lol. Plenty of blame to go around for sure- Coaches, QB, defense, whatever, it is what it is. I believe the Ponder era has to begin immediately for better or for worse (if worse is possible). Donovan McDouche, as mediocre as he is, is a washed up old a-hole in my humble opinion. His accuracy absolutely sucks. Did you see that great catch Rudolph had to make behind him on that last drive for the tying FG? Than he overthrows a wide open Berrian for a TD that would have put them ahead. I only got to see the last drive and already I saw 2 bonehead throws. The fact is this team is already looking at a possible 3-13 or 4-12 season if they get lucky. Put Ponder in to see if he has what it takes to get us somewhere in the future. I mean other rookie QB's have been thrown into the fire and fared pretty well so let's see what the kid can do. The entire coaching staff should be worried about their jobs and rightfully so. Frazier just seems to me to be a lackluster stiff who just doesn't have what it takes to be a leader. You look at the Patriots or Packers and how well run of a system they have from the top to the bottom from the front office to the coaching and the players they bring in and it makes me so god damn jealous that we have to settle for such ineptitude.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    That's the worst part for me. Judging from the first half of games this team should be 3-0 and looking at a good season.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast