Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Vikings vs. Lions Postgame thread

We suck dick. Berrian sucks, gerhart sucks, frazier sucks, musgrave sucks, mcnabb sucks, harvin's stomach sucks, charlie johnson sucks, loadholt sucks.

Our DE's look really good, and it's nice to have Kevin back, but good lord. Idk what to say.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    smfh
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Dear Griffin...............please ask to be traded. I would rank such a selfless act right up there with McKinnie showing up 70 lbs overweight for TC.

Thank you,

Freya

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

BBQ_Platypus is offline Waterboy
    Surprise, surprise, the Vikings blow it again. Was the outcome ever REALLY in doubt? Because I know this is what I was expecting. Problem #1: Refusing again and again to use your best players in key situations. In my mind, the outcome of this game was sealed on that 4th-and-1 in the 4th quarter. Any idiot would know that the right thing to do is to hand it off to Peterson. But Musgrave thought he knew better - he brought out Peterson AND Gerhart and put them in the backfield, faked to Peterson, and handed it to Gerhart. Turnover on downs. I know I wasn't surprised - I had it called the moment I saw Gerhart out there.

For the love of God, Bill - STOP IT. You're not clever or smart or in any way good at your job. Hand the ball to your best player. Let him do what you're paying him $100 million to do.

This coaching staff is clueless - we needed a completely clean break from the Childress era. If anything, Frazier and Musgrave are even worse than he is.

Fuck this team.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Ponder, Ponder, Ponder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Dear Griffin...............please ask to be traded. I would rank such a selfless act right up there with McKinnie showing up 70 lbs overweight for TC.

Thank you,

Freya
    Griffin or Griffen? And what was the problem with him? He had good coverage, just a better play by the WR.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    This is hard to take. Blowing a 20 point halftime lead? Really? REALLY? For us it's routine. Each week, the halftime leads are bigger than the week before, yet we manage to lose every week. 6 second half points thru 3 games??? What in the hell goes on in that locker room at halftime???

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Same thing for 3 weeks.

Unless Adrian or Percy does something really special, or unless we run a screen pass or somekind of gimmick play, we do nothing on offense - we can't move the ball on a consistant basis..

McNabbs accurary is horrible

When we lead by 20 points, the offensive coordinator is content on passing the ball all day long, despite having the best running back in the world on the roster.

When ever Adrian does touch the ball, its when he runs that sneaky router over to the opposite side of the defensive line and immidiatly gets hammered by a couple of linebackers.

Chris Cook has been a really poor player, but he played a great game today, then he makes one mistake and all of a sudden - Cedric Griffen is on Johnson instead.

Jamarca Sanfords coverage in the endzone horrible

Jared Allen dropped back in coverage on the last play when he had totally dominated his matchup all game, plus no safety help over the top.

Second half penalties - not acceptable, especially not at home.

Why are we not going with some playaction when we absolutely have to pass.

And proberly a lot more..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keystonevike View Post
    This is hard to take. Blowing a 20 point halftime lead? Really? REALLY? For us it's routine. Each week, the halftime leads are bigger than the week before, yet we manage to lose every week. 6 second half points thru 3 games??? What in the hell goes on in that locker room at halftime???
    A giant circle jerk then everyone comes out wasted and tired.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Although I still expected to lose this one, I really, really didn't figure on it going the exact same way again, for the third straight week. A loss I can live with, but another complete second half collapse after looking so good in the first half?

No.

That I cannot and will not accept.

You guys know me well enough my now to know that I am a very patient and forgiving guy. I don't call people out for a few mistakes. I never ask for people to be benched, cut, or fired.

That changes today. I am pissed off and I demand a change.

Fire the entire coaching staff except for Special Teams, and do it now. I don't care who you get to replace them. Just get them the hell out of here. And as for McNabb... he gets one, and only one, more chance to right his ship. If he doesn't come out on fire at Kansas City next week, Ponder had better be ready to go.

Stupid play calls. Stupid penalties. Stupid game planning. Stupid thinking that calling a players only meeting would make any fucking difference.

There is too much talent on this team to waste it so stupidly.

Don't count on getting Luck, either... that's not what we need, and we won't have a high enough pick even if we wanted him. Use the top pick on a true #1 receiver or stud O-lineman. Maybe we could trade Webb to someone who needs a QB. I like the kid but he is a luxury we don't need at this point.

I never thought I would be this pissed off at this point. But there it is. I've gone postal. Make it official, I'm calling for heads.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast