Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Ponder is who I said he was. Getting a crisp route running, great hands WR like Jennings, didn't improve his game. He's lucky to have only thrown 3 INT's. He's on pace to throw 48 INT's this year.

He is not the answer.
    Yeah it is pathetic. In addition to not finding Jennings, he couldn't find Kyle. The same guy who tore it up in the Pro Bowl. Jerome bailed Ponder out all day. I was sick to my stomach. Brady would kill for this WR core. Percy is laughing his ass off. We all know why he left.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Yeah it is pathetic. In addition to not finding Jennings, he couldn't find Kyle. The same guy who tore it up in the Pro Bowl. Jerome bailed Ponder out all day. I was sick to my stomach. Brady would kill for this WR core. Percy is laughing his ass off. We all know why he left.
    Jennings made a really tough catch on a poorly thrown pass to bail him out on one too.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Everything i complained about this offseason and got ridicule about is coming to be. Gotta blame the FO for this mess.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    This Vikings loss is all on Ponder

There are so many qualities you’d like to see in Christian Ponder, so many things that seem to be missing from the desired profile of a quality NFL quarterback.

Accuracy. Decisiveness. Pocket awareness. Athletic arrogance. And, after particularly ugly losses, anger.

This Vikings loss is all on Ponder | Duluth News Tribune | Duluth, Minnesota

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    I just don't believe this coaching staff will have the balls to bench Ponder until it's way too late. I have no idea how much better Cassel is but the season is being thrown away without trying.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    And Jackson's QB rating would have been better had Shaincoe not dropped a sure TD that hit him in the numbers...
    Hard to believe it's been 5 years since the days of these arguments! lol
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Ponder: "We Can't Do That Again Next Week"

Unreal, Ponder blames the team and says "he'll watch film and learn" how much film can you watch and keep making the same mistakes. He's beyond film.
    Purple till i die

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    Ponder: "We Can't Do That Again Next Week"

Unreal, Ponder blames the team and says "he'll watch film and learn" how much film can you watch and keep making the same mistakes. He's beyond film.
    It's "unreal" that he's going to watch film? I know you guys don't like Ponder, but ya'll are getting a bit silly now.

If we make a QB switch this season it should be to MBT. Let's flame out and get a high draft pick if it comes to that, but why would we want to waste a season with Cassel as QB?

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    If we stumble out of the gate at 0-4, we might need to look at skipping MC and going straight to MBT.
    This. Cassel is terrible and does not have any potential. If we start out 0-4, let's give MBT a shot. Worst case scenario, we get a high draft pick, if we get extremely lucky, MBT shows that he has some potential. We know Cassel will never be a good quarterback, so there's really no reason to play him.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Can someone explain why Desmond Bishop didn't play? Simply inexcusable. How do these morons get NFL coaching positions?

Did Marvin Mitchell play in his place? If so, he didn't make one single play. Were the coaches even paying attention during the preseason games?

Peterson on the bench?

I have 100% faith that I could coach this team better than Frazier and Musgrave. No doubt in my mind.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Here is the fact.............. IF PONDER CAN'T SUCCEED WITH 8 AND 9 IN THE BOX, A DREAM SCENARIO FOR REAL NFL QB'S... HE'S NEVER GOING TO!!!!! It is as simple as this. Qb's dream of this defense. It's usually a reaction to an offense scorching you on the ground and having to bring up the safties. In the Vikings and Ponders case it's how you beat them. Stop Peterson KNOWING PONDER CAN'T CONSISTENTLY BEAT YOU... IT'S THAT SIMPLE. It's so plain to see that Ponder does not have what it takes to start or even be a good backup. The draft guru's were right. Ponder was a horrible reach and we did the reaching. The only good thing out of it i sthe new rookie scale. Can you imagine the old system having to give this guy around 40 million ? He'll only cost us a third of that and we can hopefully go find a REAL QB. MBT I would like to see in there when we're 2-8... The sad part is the brass knows this is Ponders last stand and will stay with him until he destroys himself and we are out of contention by Halloween. Only a real coach like Jim Harbaugh has the guts to make a change like he did in SF last year with Kappernick.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast