Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Say whatever you want... if you think our team looks prepared for the season after that game, you're just not understanding the game of football. WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE GOOD.

Settle in for yet another year of mediocrity.

You can say whatever you want to make yourself feel better, but I'm right. We're not good.

... and Jennings was awful today. Just awful.
    No, he wasn't. The poorly thrown balls, and the idiotic, retarded, windowlicking play calls were the issue. Musgrave is a complete dick. Ponder is a clown, and that LAWN GNOME, Frasier, has no business coaching a pro team. I miss meathead and culpepper. How sad is that? I p
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 09-08-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    Tuco the world.....

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman;1145369[B
    ]I'm just too depressed[/B] to say much lol. I don't know what was more disgusting, our defense, Ponder, or the cheap shot by Suh.

And not to keep piling on Ponder ... (now I proceed to pile on) ... but I never see him studying photos or going over things with coaches/receivers on the sideline. When I watch other games they always show cutaways of QB's going over things. Instead I see him just sitting there all doe-eyed. Maybe they cutaway at the wrong time, or I'm just missing it, but this guy doesn't look like he's serious about getting better.
    Life for me now is GRAVY!! Not depressed, but I do get heated. that performance was shameful. The team was totally unprepared. That falls on the coach. They were not a Pro team today. a joke
    Tuco the world.....

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    And not to keep piling on Ponder ... (now I proceed to pile on) ... but I never see him studying photos or going over things with coaches/receivers on the sideline. When I watch other games they always show cutaways of QB's going over things. Instead I see him just sitting there all doe-eyed. Maybe they cutaway at the wrong time, or I'm just missing it, but this guy doesn't look like he's serious about getting better.
    I fault our coaches mostly for that, they should be getting in his face and making him look at that stuff whether he wants to or not.

However, I doubt our coaching staff even understands what the photos are for. They are truly clueless.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    This team failed from the top down:

Our genius owner has hired two Head Coaches...both have been horrible.

Our two HC's have hired horrible coordinators - anyone care to defend the brilliant play calling of Musgrave, or the Defensive results of Williams? We didn't stop Detroit....Detroit did.

Our QB is a continuation of mediocrity that we've been practicing since Culpepper failed.

I have been saying that the change had to come from the top...I stand by that.

Frazier, Musgrave, and Williams blew it....horribly.

I can't even begin to describe how angry I am with the play calling of Musgrave. We would do better having a magic 8 ball calling plays for us.

As for Williams...the only reason the media hasn't latched on to him as a Defensive "Guru" is because his name isn't Dom Capers....but they're both horrible.

Granted...it's week 1....but some of what we saw was inexcusable.

Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings vs. Lions Game Thread

Like I said earlier. I would like the team to seriously consider trading JA to a contender for a 1st round draft pick. We are going nowhere anyway and it should be apparent we are going to need a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Hell with it. ITS TEBOW TIME YA'LL!!!!!!!
    Look I'm upset with Ponder, too, but Tebow??? That would be worse. His career is over. I was blown away anyone picked him up, as the Patriots did, and completely unsurprised when he was released. His crazy, one in a bazillion, fourth quarter comeback streak in 2011, including beating the Vikings, was a fluky, lucky, bizarre anomaly. Plus I watch football for the action, not to get preached to during the interview after every game (I know he's not the only player that does that but he sure was worse than most).

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    Sharrif Floyd? Didn't he play today to replace Kevin Williams?

Oh yeah the Lions took out KW's knee in the preseason, then subsequently run Reggie Bush up the middle every other play. Nice.
    We didn't play the Lion's in preseason. There are no divisional games in preseason.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Sure glad we got rid of our run stuffing CB. We didn't miss him at all.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Just like the TJack experiment, the Ponder experiment is proving to be a disaster. Very poor effort from the coaching staff on down. Going to be a tough year boys. This team was only going to exceed expectations if Ponder did- and he is simply not the man for the job. Teams will load 8 or 9 in the box and dare Ponder to pass. But if that's indeed his house someone emailed me pics of he'll have a helluva nice pad to hide out in- not to mention some high class tail to salve his wounds.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I blame the coaching because our starters looked like crap all throughout preseason and we still gave them the 4th game off. Why? I don't understand "standard operating procedure" when your team clearly needs all the work it can get. Now our team opens the season playing like crap. Great! Glad we're wasting regular season games on things that should be worked on in camp and preseason.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast