Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Detroit put 8 and sometimes 9 in the box and basically stopped the run and let Ponder make mistakes. 3INTs, 1 bad exchange = 4 turnovers.
    It should have been more turnovers. Could have easily been 4 even 5 INTs. Smh

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    One way to feel a little better today. Head over to the two beer minimum forum and peruse the official booty and boobies threads. There is some serious talent in there. rehashing this game will not make any of us feel better.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    But good god the offensive line was terrible today. When your QB doesn't even have time to run out of the pocket to throw the ball out of bounds that's a huge problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I didn't think they were that bad.
    I think Ponder made them look worse than they were. Neo said "time to run out of the pocket to throw out of bounds." There is a pocket for a reason. You're meant to stay inside of it for protection. It shouldn't be that easy to escape from unless it breaks down, which would create a lane to run through.

But when the QB is wasting time where he could be looking down field by shifting around to avoid phantom pressure, he'll hold on to the ball for too long, miss reads and make the line look bad as a result.

There was obviously pressure at some points. But I don't recall actually seeing anyone in Ponder's face on a regular basis. He puts himself in danger. I don't know if he's just scared of getting hit, or what, either way he needs to get rid of the ball more quickly.

Part of the problem is likely play design. I think our route combinations are really vanilla. I don't think there's enough adjustment at the line of scrimmage either.

I think either Ponder, or Ponder and Musgrave are making this team look worse than it is.

Ranger is offline Coach
    Ponder is just not assertive with the ball.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Just not assertive? That's one of his MANY problems.

I'm sorry, but that INT in the 2nd quarter was simply unacceptable. Probably the single worst pass in the past decade of the NFL. He's a pathetic quarterback. End of story.

Not to say anyone else on our roster is any better. No one on our staff is able to effectively recognize and develop talent at the QB position.All we have is Peterson and some mediocre wide receivers... same song, different season.

But seriously, f*ck Christian Ponder and f*ck the Vikings coaching staff/scouts.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Just not assertive? That's one of his MANY problems.

I'm sorry, but that INT in the 2nd quarter was simply unacceptable. Probably the single worst pass in the past decade of the NFL. He's a pathetic quarterback. End of story.

Not to say anyone else on our roster is any better. No one on our staff is able to effectively recognize and develop talent at the QB position.All we have is Peterson and some mediocre wide receivers... same song, different season.

But seriously, f*ck Christian Ponder and f*ck the Vikings coaching staff/scouts.
    You're freaking out, man.

Sully, Greenway, Smith, Jennings, Peterson, Kalil, and some promising rookies...we have talent on the team. The quarterback just sucks, which makes everybody look like shit.

Still, I love watching the game. bitching and boo-hooing is part of my healing process... I know I keep hitting this: Kap has confidence, a swagger, a presence under center. Just look at Ponders presence. He's wide-eyed, hesitant in everything he does, scared. He looks like he wants to cry every time he takes the field. As a SGT, I learned that if you are scared, not sure what to do, confused, whatever, you MAN THE F*UCK UP and squash that sh*t. You don't let your men see any of that. Ponder has none of that. No confidence, no leadership ability, and no clue how to be assertive. images.jpg It'll be fun to see the back-up eventually step in. We all know it's coming. hopefully it's soon
    Tuco the world.....

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    You're freaking out, man.

Sully, Greenway, Smith, Jennings, Peterson, Kalil, and some promising rookies...we have talent on the team. The quarterback just sucks, which makes everybody look like shit.
    Say whatever you want... if you think our team looks prepared for the season after that game, you're just not understanding the game of football. WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE GOOD.

Settle in for yet another year of mediocrity.

You can say whatever you want to make yourself feel better, but I'm right. We're not good.

... and Jennings was awful today. Just awful.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 09-08-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

The kid isn't assertive in anything he does. Google the turd and his claim to fame is he married a blond ass bimbo. Good for him. Take a look at his eyes as he goes on or off the field. He is a weakling and a pussy. Bottom line. No heart. Listen to his snap counts for christs sake. He's scared to even raise his voice. Hell with it. ITS TEBOW TIME YA'LL!!!!!!! Three turnovers in the 1st damn game. Ask yourself this: HOW DOES IT GET ANY WORSE? If anything, Cassel my yell his snap counts as oppossed to squeeking em out like Ponder. Someone needs to tell that window licker that its ok to AIM FOR THE SIDELINES. Getting sacked? Ok, it happens. TAKE IT OR TOSS THE BALL TOWARDS THE CROWD. The next time that ahole throws up a "three fly's" ball, yank him. What could it hurt. That's a serious question. Someone answer it for me, please...
    Tuco the world.....

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I'm just too depressed to say much lol. I don't know what was more disgusting, our defense, Ponder, or the cheap shot by Suh.

And not to keep piling on Ponder ... (now I proceed to pile on) ... but I never see him studying photos or going over things with coaches/receivers on the sideline. When I watch other games they always show cutaways of QB's going over things. Instead I see him just sitting there all doe-eyed. Maybe they cutaway at the wrong time, or I'm just missing it, but this guy doesn't look like he's serious about getting better.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast