Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Wrong dude. He is the best grocery bagger to ever play. It's just that, well, he plays like a GROCERY BAGGER, not an nfl QB. Ponder is kinda like the most developed qb in a group of tranny soccer players-turned qb's. On the surface, he kinda, sorta looks like a QB. Underneath? It's all terrible, horrible, life altering, WOOD. He is the hidden penis underneath the nice looking dress....To graphic??? Sorry
    Clearly you've never heard of Kurt Warner.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    CLOSE. How can you argue otherwise? I was just watching the 9er/Pack game. It was strange. I was watching how the GROWN-UPs actually play ball. I saw how a competent coaching staff called a game. It's refreshing. Im curious. How is Ponder's play even close to NFL calibre play? How was the play calling even close to anything effective? The team looked bush-league. There is no arguing that fact. How many 3rd down conversions? How many times did they even touch the ball in the 1st quarter? Probably the worst performance I've seen out of this team in many years. No way to refute that fact.
    Packers 45- Vikings 7 2011
    Packers 31- Vikings 3 2010
    Panthers 26- Vikings 7 2009 (we went 12-4)
    Patriots 31- Vikings 7 2006

There are games like this most seasons.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Wrong dude. He is the best grocery bagger to ever play. It's just that, well, he plays like a GROCERY BAGGER, not an nfl QB. Ponder is kinda like the most developed qb in a group of tranny soccer players-turned qb's. On the surface, he kinda, sorta looks like a QB. Underneath? It's all terrible, horrible, life altering, WOOD. He is the hidden penis underneath the nice looking dress....To graphic??? Sorry
    Now that was fricken funny. Best Ponder rip I have heard.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    I hate watching the Vikings and then watching a team like San Francisco.
    Wouldn't that be nice?

Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan787 View Post
    I hate watching the Vikings and then watching a team like San Francisco.
    Wouldn't that be nice?
    It will be us one day. (couldn't find a praying smiley)

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Packers 45- Vikings 7 2011
    Packers 31- Vikings 3 2010
    Panthers 26- Vikings 7 2009 (we went 12-4)
    Patriots 31- Vikings 7 2006

There are games like this most seasons.
    Ok, thats true, but, look at the overall performance of the team. Im not a stats guy. Not enough patience for it. Look at the production. The play calls. Where were the screens, the short passes to Rudolph, anything other then handoffs, and telegraphed passes to simpson. It's like the coaching staff is afraid to load up ponder with MORE THEN TWO OPTIONS. He has no pocket presence. No CLUE as to what to do when rushed. And the OC has no answer or recourse. It's like Ponder can only handle 4 plays......Just watch Kapernick in the pocket, then look at Ponder. Just look at the play calls the 9ers pull, then look at musgrave's idiocy. 9ers had a 3rd and 1. What do they do? No question. Hand it off for a 1st. What does musgrave do? Rolls Ponder out to his off side and blunders it. WHY???? This current staff is awful. Ponder is awful. Hopefully they make adjustments next week. We'll see. This is pro ball. They have the talent to compete. Lets see if they make an honest effort. Keeping Ponder in if he continues to toss floaters for three or four turnovers a game??? No good. At some point, that turd has to go. HE LOOKS SCARED! Just look at him!!
    Tuco the world.....

Jarlvik is offline Rookie

Vikings vs. Lions Game Thread

I've tried to believe that someone in power knew something about Ponder that everyone else didn't. Wrong. He looked whipped the entire game. No confidence, no skill, no heart. I don't think it will change. STUPID decisions all day. WTF...? Really? This is what we get? We had a ton of breaks today and still end up f'd. Whatever, I'll still watch every game. It just may not be fun. Maybe 4-12, maybe...
    None

Ok, thats true, but, look at the overall performance of the team. Im not a stats guy. Not enough patience for it. Look at the production. The play calls. Where were the screens, the short passes to Rudolph, anything other then handoffs, and telegraphed passes to simpson. It's like the coaching staff is afraid to load up ponder with MORE THEN TWO OPTIONS. He has no pocket presence. No CLUE as to what to do when rushed. And the OC has no answer or recourse. It's like Ponder can only handle 4 plays......Just watch Kapernick in the pocket, then look at Ponder. Just look at the play calls the 9ers pull, then look at musgrave's idiocy. 9ers had a 3rd and 1. What do they do? No question. Hand it off for a 1st. What does musgrave do? Rolls Ponder out to his off side and blunders it. WHY???? This current staff is awful. Ponder is awful. Hopefully they make adjustments next week. We'll see. This is pro ball. They have the talent to compete. Lets see if they make an honest effort. Keeping Ponder in if he continues to toss floaters for three or four turnovers a game??? No good. At some point, that turd has to go. HE LOOKS SCARED! Just look at him!!
    I don't disagree that it was a pitiful game. I just remember these types of reactions many years on here when we screw the pooch like today.
    It is tough to watch San Fran after watching our game today. They have two of the best lines in the game.And Harbough seems to be a hell of a coach. Remember though that these coaches did take us to 10-6 last year when almost all of us expected the team to be terrible. It can still turn around. I expected some dropoff this year, but I hope today was an aberration rather than a look at our near future.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    But good god the offensive line was terrible today.
    I didn't think they were that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    And no Matt Cassell is not the answer. He is the same level QB as Ponder in my opinion.
    He is not? How do you make that assumption? Cassel looked better in the preseason and still does not get the start. Hell even MBT looked better.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Ponder is not the answer. Unfortunately, I fear we will have to sit through at least three more games like this before we see a change at the position.
    Yeah that is the worst part about this. It might even be longer cause he will have some good games due to Peterson.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast