Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    Stafford wont make the defense better
    Playing Ponder would. See where this is going?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    You can't put the defense on the field for 20+ minutes in the first half and expect them to keep up with Reggie Bush in the second. Especially in week 1.
    Exactly! Defense is not the issue. We need to establish long drives.

Sharrif Floyd? Didn't he play today to replace Kevin Williams?

Oh yeah the Lions took out KW's knee in the preseason, then subsequently run Reggie Bush up the middle every other play. Nice.

Say what you want about Christian Ponder. He is definitely not a top tier QB. But good god the offensive line was terrible today. When your QB doesn't even have time to run out of the pocket to throw the ball out of bounds that's a huge problem.

We are only going to lose by 10 today, but could of been double that.

Peterson is a beast, but we are so 1 dimensional on offense it makes us so easy to game plan against. And no Matt Cassell is not the answer. He is the same level QB as Ponder in my opinion.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    This game should of been over before the half. Ponder and his jackass decisions lost the game for us, plain and simple.

Jimmy Johnson said it best before the game broadcast. "Sorry Vikings fans I know you want Ponder to become elite, but it won't happen."

They sucked in every facet of the game. Well, except for Blair. Awful, horrendous play calling, laughable tackling, and a complete and utter inability to play professional football. That coaching staff owes vikings fans an apology for that complete garbage showing. It's been awhile since Ive sen a team that bad. THEY F*CKING SUCKED. I don't care who you are. You cannot defend that performance. Your an idiot if you try. The Lions should have won by alot more. Argue with that? YOU CAN"T. In any case, lets see what happens, what changes are made for next week. I'm curious to see what happens. If no serious changes occur? Then this year is just a "show up and collect a check" year. Gotta tell ya. Im not that optimistic.
    Tuco the world.....

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    As long as this coaching staff is here, this "QB" is here, and these systems are here, the Vikings will be a stepping stone for the rest of the league. Ponder absolutely sucks, been saying that since the Vikings reached and took him in the 1st rd when he should have been taken in the 2nd rd. The defense is horrible, they are always out of place, they can't tackle for shit, and they constantly give up big play after big play.

We have arguably the best RB to ever play the game, but to bad he is wasting away on a shitty team. Now AD knows what Barry Sanders went through all those years. Yes AD will have all kinds of individual records and accomplishments when he retires, and he will one day go into the HOF, but he will never win a SB unless he plays for a different team.

Its painfully obvious this team will go nowhere this year. Another season of letdown and turmoil for us Vikings fans, but we should be used to it by now, they have only done it every year since their existence.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    As long as Ponder starts, and until this coaching staff gets fired, I am going to root for a loss every week. It doesn't matter who this team drafts, or who they pick up in free agency, they will just waste their talents like they have always done. This team will be nothing until they get a good coaching staff, completely new systems on both offense and defense, and the right players for those systems. Until then, they will be what they were this week, a bunch of losers.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Ponder is not the answer. Unfortunately, I fear we will have to sit through at least three more games like this before we see a change at the position.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    As long as this coaching staff is here, this "QB" is here, and these systems are here, the Vikings will be a stepping stone for the rest of the league. Ponder absolutely sucks, been saying that since the Vikings reached and took him in the 1st rd when he should have been taken in the 2nd rd. The defense is horrible, they are always out of place, they can't tackle for shit, and they constantly give up big play after big play.

We have arguably the best RB to ever play the game, but to bad he is wasting away on a shitty team. Now AD knows what Barry Sanders went through all those years. Yes AD will have all kinds of individual records and accomplishments when he retires, and he will one day go into the HOF, but he will never win a SB unless he plays for a different team.

Its painfully obvious this team will go nowhere this year. Another season of letdown and turmoil for us Vikings fans, but we should be used to it by now, they have only done it every year since their existence.
    Preach on brother! Although I do not think that the front office is tied to Ponder as our future. Matt Cassel was brought in for a reason and MBT was kept on the team for a reason as well. I believe the Viking minds know that this is the make it or break it year for Ponder and if he don't succeed then it is time to move on.

Today Ponder played so bad that if I was a Jets fan I wouldn't feel so bad about the Ass Fumble.

look at Ponders dipshit, dumbass, blank stare in the shots of him on the sideline. Then watch the Packer/49er game. You'll see the difference between good QB's and Ponder. HOW THE F*CK IS STILL THE STARTING QB? H does he even get the start next week? WHY? Because of Speilman, Musgave, and that lawn nome, Frazier. They are to pro football what "Delta Farce" (the movie) is to actual soldiers. This is the worst product the Vikings have fielded in years. AWEFUL. ill be happy if they win 4 games.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast