Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    This. Cassel is terrible and does not have any potential. If we start out 0-4, let's give MBT a shot. Worst case scenario, we get a high draft pick, if we get extremely lucky, MBT shows that he has some potential. We know Cassel will never be a good quarterback, so there's really no reason to play him.
    Because the coaches want to keep their jobs. Unless the FO tells them otherwise, Cassell is the next one in. If he flames out, then it will be MBT.

Not saying this is the best move for the franchise, but coaches need wins to keep their jobs. Coaches are never looking for high draft picks unless they are first year coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Can someone explain why Desmond Bishop didn't play? Simply inexcusable. How do these morons get NFL coaching positions?

Did Marvin Mitchell play in his place? If so, he didn't make one single play. Were the coaches even paying attention during the preseason games?

Peterson on the bench?

I have 100% faith that I could coach this team better than Frazier and Musgrave. No doubt in my mind.
    I agree on Bishop, he is a much better linebacker than either Henderson or Mitchell and is actually able to rise to the occasion instead of fold.

Guion is another guy I would like to see on the sidelines a lot more. Hopefully when KWill comes back it will be the case.

This seems to be Frazier's MO though, keeping vets in their position regardless of their performance.

Very ill prepared team in week one, most likely due to the soft pre-season. Other than Walsh and Simpson (game of his life), who can you point to that had a good game. They need to turn things around fairly quickly, or their seats will be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Here is the fact.............. IF PONDER CAN'T SUCCEED WITH 8 AND 9 IN THE BOX, A DREAM SCENARIO FOR REAL NFL QB'S... HE'S NEVER GOING TO!!!!! It is as simple as this. Qb's dream of this defense. It's usually a reaction to an offense scorching you on the ground and having to bring up the safties. In the Vikings and Ponders case it's how you beat them. Stop Peterson KNOWING PONDER CAN'T CONSISTENTLY BEAT YOU... IT'S THAT SIMPLE. It's so plain to see that Ponder does not have what it takes to start or even be a good backup. The draft guru's were right. Ponder was a horrible reach and we did the reaching. The only good thing out of it i sthe new rookie scale. Can you imagine the old system having to give this guy around 40 million ? He'll only cost us a third of that and we can hopefully go find a REAL QB. MBT I would like to see in there when we're 2-8... The sad part is the brass knows this is Ponders last stand and will stay with him until he destroys himself and we are out of contention by Halloween. Only a real coach like Jim Harbaugh has the guts to make a change like he did in SF last year with Kappernick.
    If only we had that option.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Folks, I understand your frustration - and add my frustration to the list! I hope this is just a bad first game. If we would have played well, we likely would have won. Hopefully, they bounce back next week against Chicago, and learn from their mistakes this game.

When you have 4 turnovers and give up almost 470 yards on the road, you're asking to be defeated! Simple as that...

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    OK...........let's imagine, for a minute, that Ponder is a "serviceable QB". If that is the case then you have to have a good defense to go with it to be a quality team......right?

Our defense suuuu-uuuuked yesterday. Don't blame it on the the offense for keeping them on the field too much and tiring them out. The Lions were shoving it down our throats from the opening whistle.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Serviceable qb's don't win in this league anymore. This is not the Brad Johnson Bucs league anymore..... Name me ONE servicable qb in the NFL that can win games with a good defense? You are living in the 90's ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    OK...........let's imagine, for a minute, that Ponder is a "serviceable QB". If that is the case then you have to have a good defense to go with it to be a quality team......right?

Our defense suuuu-uuuuked yesterday. Don't blame it on the the offense for keeping them on the field too much and tiring them out. The Lions were shoving it down our throats from the opening whistle.

acman1 is offline Rookie
    I thought John Carlson had an average game at least.

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    This team failed from the top down:

Our genius owner has hired two Head Coaches...both have been horrible.

Our two HC's have hired horrible coordinators - anyone care to defend the brilliant play calling of Musgrave, or the Defensive results of Williams? We didn't stop Detroit....Detroit did.

Our QB is a continuation of mediocrity that we've been practicing since Culpepper failed.

I have been saying that the change had to come from the top...I stand by that.

Frazier, Musgrave, and Williams blew it....horribly.

I can't even begin to describe how angry I am with the play calling of Musgrave. We would do better having a magic 8 ball calling plays for us.

As for Williams...the only reason the media hasn't latched on to him as a Defensive "Guru" is because his name isn't Dom Capers....but they're both horrible.

Granted...it's week 1....but some of what we saw was inexcusable.

Caine

B R A V O !

You nailed it, Caine.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post

In Detroit's first 7 drives our defense held them to just 3 FG's, 2 punts & also got 2 turnovers.

Ponder turned the ball over 4 times. That means we lost 4 opportunities to score & keep their offense off the field.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-10-2013 at 07:52 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    In Detroit's first 7 drives our defense held them to just 3 FG's, 2 punts & also got 2 turnovers.

Ponder turned the ball over 4 times. That means we lost 4 opportunities to score & keep their offense off the field.
    Add in the failed drives that are less than 5 snaps and you have an exhausted defense that is going to make a mistake and give up a big play sooner or later.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast