Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings vs Jets Postgame Discussion

Without doubt having Moss opened up things some more for Harvin though it would have been nicer if that had started earlier in the game rather than later. Credit to the D for restricting the Jets to those FGs else it could have got very ugly.
    My biggest bitch for the night? penalties! What the hell were they playing it with those, I know they were on the road but come on get your heads in the game. After a bye week I expect much better than this from the players and also put that down to the coaching staff for not getting them into the right mindset.
    Again Childress was shown how a game should be coached and if this standard of play and results continue then I don't see how Zygi can't can his sorry butt.
    Least we have another week for Moss and Favre to work on their timings etc and look to see that improve dramatically next game.
    In all I'm not surprised that we lost as NY is not an easy place to go to but we did shoot ourselves in the foot again with poor mistakes and play calling.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

DeathtoDenny wrote:
    The playcalling was like last year in Carolina and Chicago; just terrible for most of the game. I won money betting playcalls: "Run, Run, Incomplete." Then, they open up the offense and put up 20 quick points. What they need to figure out is they need to score early, because Favre's fatal interception flaw will be there late in games when the team is behind (or the defense will sh*t the bed).
    The tone was set from the first series. That half ass first play, three penalties. Three and out, three and out. The O looked totally unprepared in the first half. D was gassed in the second. This is about execution and that points to not being prepared for this game.

Brad has to go!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

ultravikingfan wrote:
    There it is again, another sloppy fricken game on national TV.

What a total embarrassment. The dumb butt penalties. Hell, when one of most reliable players has 3...you know things are bad. Covering-up the TE Percy? Heck, my 7-8 year old teams know about this. Where the hell are these players heads?

Brett, WTF? Just bad early on. Bad throws and putting it on the turf? Offda!

At times our Defense was lax...but thank goodness they were able to hold them to a punt or a FG. And even more thanks to the Jets for dropping so many passes.

2nd and long, lets do a draw against a pretty good fricken run Defense. This Jets team is scary on Defense.

After we scored and kicked it away, I am pretty positive all Viking's fans knew a big return was coming...and it was a big one. Damn!!!

And then they give us some hope when Favre gets hot.

(I love it when players pick the 2pt conversion and try to run it out! LOL dumbass!!!)

Never fear, I am sure the refs cost us the game for the no pass interference call late in the 4th...lol!

We give up the big runs late; and we are supposed to be stellar at run D; way to step up D.

What's this? Another false start by the Offense...get outta here. Not the Viking's.

And there we go, more hope with a great TD pass the Harv.

WTF Jets? Throwing the ball near the 2 minute warning? Are you fricken stupid idiots? LOL!!!!!!!!

Then Favre shit the bed. That's the game. Son of a bitch!

WTF????? Make up your mind. In this thread you make this post, but in another Jets thread you post...

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Well, it was exciting up to the end. However, your team prevailed.
    And why would "The Hammer" start a duplicate thread on the same subject?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Can't be Favre's.

It doesn't have peanuts or sprinkles in it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

So you have 2 weeks to prepare for the jets, it's pouring rain outside and you just traded for randy moss mid week and the play you come out of the gates with is a double reverse pass to an ineligible QB?

Then you follow it up with a few really creative penalties and then punt the ball away?

That whole thing was indicative of the Childress era. You have talent, you supposedly have a kick-ass system and then you start the game with this bogus play. Good lord, it's raining out and we have #28 in the backfield so why not come out and pound the living crap out of the Jets right out of the gate. Give Tahi a $20 and send him on a beer run and stick Kleinsasser in there at FB and beat the living crap out of them for a while and then once you got that going and those safeties are softened up a bit then go to Shank, Harvin and Moss.

As to the defense- WTF is the problem with our RDE? I specifically watched him extensively through the game and he looked like he was just going through the motions our there. We pay him to be a game changer and yet he has been dominated all year long by guys making less money than he is getting paid.I think it is time he quits shooting deer, saying how tough he is on the radio and trying to set the fashion world on fire and just beat his guy a few time a game. If not put Robison in there and see what he can do. Seriously- If he is having such a hard time getting pressure straight up can't Frazier try doing a few stunts or something with the LB's to free him up a little? I saw 5 plays for sure where he was the last guy to move on both sides of the ball. Not good.

The QB- IMHO when he is healthy Brett is the best QB to have in there but it looks like his elbow is in bad shape and since we are 1-3 I think the coach has to check to see whether he has any ball and if he does, then he needs to tell Brett if he isn't 100% he is going to give him some time to get healthy while the other guy starts instead. At this point we might just as well put Jackson in there to see what he has got. After all we are totally loaded on offense and this is his 5th year so rather than waiting for next year I want to see them put Jackson in and throw the whole play book at him and see how it works out. If it works we have less pressure to have Brett in there. If it doesn't I am not sure how things could really get worse anyway.

At any rate a coach that has 2 weeks to prepare for a team and has the guys come out like he did should be sent back down to the minors for a few years to work things out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Let me preface this with a comment. I didn't chart the game (again) as Wildwoman and I were busy hosting our good friend Mars at our little hovel last night.

Mars. It was our honor. Feel free to come again, but don't forget your better half this time.

Anyway, going from memory (no game notes) here is what I saw.....

a. OL. Played pretty good with both Cook and Coop in there but things seem to click better with Coop in there.

b. RB's. Completely blew thier blitz coverage last night. Most will point to the OL for our protection woes, but the OL shifted well last night. The guys that got to the Noodle were for the most part, the responsibility of the RB's.

c. DL is still a concern, but even though they gave up a buck 50 or so, they did enough to win the game. I watched JA closely last night. He was singled the whole game and was taken out of the play on almost every down. And why is Kdubb playing the 0/NT all the time instead of Phat Pat or JK?

d. LB'rs. Some missed tackles early (Leber) but as a group they played pretty good. Maybe a shift form Leber to Erin is in order here?

e. DB's. Same with the LB'rs. They continue to impress me, mostly because we are getting no fricken pressure from the DL.

f. WR's. Why in the hell, during the first half, weren't they making sight adjustments to the pressure the QB was seeing? Is this thier fault or is it the guy calling the audibles at the lines fault. Regardless, it sucked to watch them run deep every play when someone (probably all of them) should have been breaking thier routes off.

g. ST's coverage. I don't know what the hell happened. Alot of starters on defense on the coverage team. Maybe they spent to much time on the field and decided to take a play off or something. Jets sure had it blocked well.

Couple of honorable mentions.....

Shortwell......Yes bleed, I saw the nice KOff followed by no one on the coverage team staying in thier lane on coverage. Almost like the parting of the seas the way that opened up.

AD, other than a couple of missed blitz pickups, he came to play again. 19 touches is just not enough.

Cook/Coop. Nice depth at center. As I said above, the line shifts were pretty good. Some decent push on the running plays and the Noodle had all day in the second half to make throws. Well maybe not all day, but definetaly enough.

For those of you who are in deep despare over this loss. We saw some glimmer of hope last night. The defense for the most part did thier job, even though they gave up some yards. The OL played thier best game all year against the best (arguably) defense in the league. And above all, we put points on the board even though we looked like shit for most of the game.

Next couple of games are against 2 teams struggling just as bad as we are and should be winnable. Keep your heads up my friends. It can only get better, not worse.

Again, it was our pleasure to have Mars in our hovel. Maybe, the next time you come, my friend, the outcome will be a bit happier.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Can't be Favre's.

It doesn't have peanuts or sprinkles in it.
    It's our new project QB. A few years in Chill's turd polisher and it will be ready to go.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Purple Floyd wrote:
    So you have 2 weeks to prepare for the jets, it's pouring rain outside and you just traded for randy moss mid week and the play you come out of the gates with is a double reverse pass to an ineligible QB?
    Excellent post my friend.

One observation......

Randy looked like he was gonna pass, then pulled it in, and then passed to the Noodle. I don't think the Noodle was the original intended reciever.

Couldn't see what the other cats were doing because of the camera angle, but that is what it looked like to me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Holzberg is offline Rookie

The last pass Brett threw, the guy was open. There is such thing as a good defensive play. The Pick 6 doesn't bother me.

What does bother me as that Brett missed a wide open Harvin shortly before.

Overall, I am very pleased. I THINK THE OFFENSE IS FINALLY BACK!

All it took was the TD to Moss and it opened things up. From this point forward defenses will have to cover more field which will open things up for Harvin and Shiancoe.

I am much, much, MUCH more excited about going to the game next week as well as for the rest of the season. Every week Moss will learn more of the plays and get better. Just think, all Moss did all game was run down the field and still made a huge impact.

YEEHAW!

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Excellent post my friend.

One observation......

Randy looked like he was gonna pass, then pulled it in, and then passed to the Noodle. I don't think the Noodle was the original intended reciever.

Couldn't see what the other cats were doing because of the camera angle, but that is what it looked like to me.
    Yeah, but the point is Moss was with the team for only a few days so why in the world do you try to open up with some trick play involving him when he has so little chemistry with them. Isn't a better idea to give the ball to #28 and try to establish the run or even a few short passes to harvin to get things moving first?

Don't try to overthink things. We have a ton of talent at the skill positions and they should be able to get things done without trickery.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast