ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Vikings vs Jets Postgame Discussion

Greenway did have a nice stick on LT!

That's a positive.

Greenway was decent.

Rickles is offline Waterboy

hola vikings fans.

one thing i'm struggling with here is how most of you are either still putting your faith in favre or are confused as in 'how could brett do this'.

i loved him for years but all he does is build up your hope and then crush you with complete stupidity. he made some great throws tonight but then come crunch time did exactly what he (almost) always does.

i'm a bit biased, but you can't trust the dude to win when it really matters. if you didn't see tonight, you'll see soon enough.
    None

ILLvike is offline Rookie

Here are my thoughts after the game, in no particular order:

Moss makes Harvin way better

Its great to see the long ball again

Defense did amazing tonight, they literally kept us in this game for all three quarters, even though our offense only showed up for one

We could be looking back from the playoffs, saying that the jets game was where the offense turned it all on

Farve looked like his elbow was really bad, and I'd rather have him come out some late in games, especially if we get into a garbage time situation

I want to see a split of time between jackson and webb during garbage time... might as well see what we have

if robison is down for an extended period of time, we are going to be woefully short on DE for awhile

the sky isn't going to fall if griffin is injured again, the defense looked servicable without him for several weeks, and despite being 1-3 if the offense picks up jsut a bit we will win games.

Childress really? that 1 or 2 or wtf timeout was a huge waste... did he not think we could score?

along with that, lame playcalling in general.

The vikings came out completely flat. someone needs to fix that. and fast.

the coverage on special teams is pretty shoddy

harvin, rice, moss, shank, and peterson are going to be unstoppable someday- if someone can get them the ball

A year without a CBA is great now, but the vikings are going to have to make some tough choices when there is a new one

we have one of the hardest schedules possible through the first half

the second half will be much better

the bears are not as good as their record

the packers are about as good as their record... if theyre not injured

ergo, we will still be alright if we can win 2 of the next 3

The Officials killed us, for reals

I feel like the NFC championship game all over again...
    None

Live by the four die by the four. Let's be honest for a moment... Brett had his day in the sun and ironically had his best season ever as a Viking. He's had five injections in his ankle, and his arm appears to have already retired. His arm is not going to get any better as the season goes on. And now the master'gate' distractions sorry for crude reference whether true or not aren't going to help him or the team one bit.
    I'm not saying that all is lost but with our record and the games coming up we are going to have a tough row to hoe. Our pass rush is minimal at best and Jared is getting man handled like a school girl. The coaching staff refuses to make adjustments before half time at minimum. I just think that we at least myself have big expectations and the stars are not aligning this year. I think that we should go with Jackson and see what the kid can do with another opportunity. I normally wood choose Brett over TJ but I'm not sure that is the case anymore.
    I know we are all in as they say but Brett may be past the Zenith physically and we are going to have to find out if TJ has what it takes or not. Maybe I'm being a little negative right now but my gut is telling me we have big problems. I sure appreciate what Brett did for us fans the last year and change but I think the sun might be setting on the gunslinger.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

I think we still start Brett. But if after a couple of drives its(he) is not working, put in TJack. Have to think of the future sometime. Moss and Favre will click soon.

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

Don't care for TJack, but have to shake up the offense somehow.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

We lose against the cowboys, im calling it a season and washing my hands with this team

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

At least for this year, me too. I just hope come we are losing to get Jake Locker LOL. That's if we are the Vikings next year.

The playcalling was like last year in Carolina and Chicago; just terrible for most of the game. I won money betting playcalls: "Run, Run, Incomplete." Then, they open up the offense and put up 20 quick points. What they need to figure out is they need to score early, because Favre's fatal interception flaw will be there late in games when the team is behind (or the defense will sh*t the bed).

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I agreed with the decision to go for 2. It's just unfortunate it didn't work.

I still have confidence this team will get it turned around. We lost a close game, on the road to a great team.

I think Favre still gives us the best chance to win.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast