Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings vs Jets Postgame Discussion

Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Hey Marrdro!

Since you were watching so closely, typically how many men did you see "in the box" with the addition of Moss?

I bet he won't answer it. He will probably come back with something like "I wasn't taking notes on that particular aspect".

He needs a DVR so he can go back and look this stuff up. :woohoo:
    You lost the bet. I answered but just couldn't give him exact numbers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd wrote:
    My only guess is that Brett is using this part of the season as his defacto training camp and he is making those throws to try and get the feel for the speed and timing of his wr's so that they are on the same page later in the season. last year it worked because his accuracy was better and SR went after the ball to an extent the guys aren't this year.

Yeah, my best guess is that there are different things they can do in each formation based on the defense that is presented. But the problem with this KAO as I have debated with you for going on 5 years is that it takes chemistry, timing and the right players to pull this type of offense off. We now have a QB who can do it if he takes the time but since he doesn't go to TC that is minimized to a degree and even then there is a learning and bonding curve that is required to really execute this offense to a high level. With roster turnover like it is I believe that is a big part of why many teams are going away from or altering it and why teams like the Steelers can be successful year after year.
    Although I agree with both paras in that it take chemistry and timing but I don't agree that that Noodle is using this time to get it down.

Gotta raise the BS flag on that. He has had enough time to get in synch with everyone but maybe Randy.

Gotta be something else.

Yes, I agree there is confusion but I am not going to lay that on the QB at all. Look at the penalties being committed by the OL, the TE's and the WR's for instance. It's not Bretts job to tell Percy not to line up on the LOS. It isn't his job to tell Loadholt not to jump before the snap and now that we are on the 3rd center, it is not just his job to tell the center how and where to place the ball so he doesn't fumble it. It also is not his job to tell the RB how to pick up a blitz.
    Show me one place were I'm laying all at the QB's feet.

And no, its not his job to tell the RB how to pick up the blitz, but it is his job to tell the RB were the blitz is coming from as that is part of his audible/call at the line based on what he sees pre-snap.

We saw two clear instances in the Jets game were the RB/FB wasn't ready for were it was coming from. One of them was even to the wrong side.

It is the job of the QB first and foremost but you are being a little myopic in your vision of the situation. Not only does he need to look at the defense but he also needs to look at the personnel and what he is given to work with as well as how those particular players match up against the defender they are facing. It is not unreasonable to think that he may choose to go a particular direction based on the notion that a particular player gives them a better chance at success or a better chance at a measurable gain than the traditional first choice. Hence the reason we are seeing less 3 yard passes on 3rd and 6 than we have in the past.
    I could agree with you that I am maybe being a bit myopic if we were a little bit off here or there, but we are drastically off to the point it looks like we are playing right into the defenses hand.

Funny how you railed on Birk for not making the right calls on the OL when he was here but now the QB is the one who is making the wrong calls. Are you sure Cooper isn't making more mistakes on protection now than we have had in the past.
    I did hack on Birk. He makes the OL calls. From what I've seen, atleast for the most part, our OL is making the right line shifts and unless the Noodle is making both the OL and RB blocking assignment adjustments (he isn't by the way) the C has been doing his job.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to tell you that the OL isn't making mistakes and letting guys through. I am just saying that the line adjustment was right cause the guy was there to make the block. That has nothing to do if the guy doesn't get it done (McKinnie/Load).

That can't be said about the RBs. Saw it several times in the Jets game were the RB wasn't ready for the blitz and either engaged a cat that the TE took (missed the guy who came untouched) or was on the wrong side from were the blitzer actually came from.

Again, with the OL, I have seen the RB's in the right place and still miss.....Thats not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about times were they were clearly not ready or didn't know it was coming.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 wrote:
    I had a blast at your crib. Gotta love that southern hospitality. The ribs were amazing. Best I have ever had. The pig sandwich was very good as well especially with the coleslaw on it. I think I ate half of your dip that you made. I blame Marrdro for the loss though. He had no Beast on tap but we took care of a mini keg of Coors Light. I wish I could have spent more time with you and the rest of the gang that was there. I could sit there and listen to the southern talk all night. Can't wait to come there again!
    Our house is always open my friend. Come again anytime.

And its called "Pulled Pork" not pig..... :laugh:

Your post was spot on but let me help you with the noodle since you ignored him. Yes I said it. That arm is in bad shape. He had 3 good throws all night. I don't understand how you can miss a wide open Harvin at the end of the game and miss a wide open Kleinsasser on the 2 point conversion. I was sick of watching him hold his elbow on ever play. Get your ass out of there if you can hit a wide open target.

I don't understand why we are not running more slant routes. We did at the end of the game but all we did in the beginning was run straight patterns. WTF!?
    I didn't ignore him. I am trying to be "Noodle" friendly of late.

singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Hey Marrdro, the guys on Kfan said Cook was benched because he was missing assignments. Thought you might want to know that.

I am craving some ribs!
    He'll try selling you that meant Tahi forgot to turn in his science homework & a book report.
    LOL, Singer, you still crack me up.

Mars, it sure wasn't obvious to either you or I when it came to Cooks play unless it has something to do with his ability to pull.

If you remember I mentioned he was late a couple of times getting out there.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:

AD - The ONLY consistent performer on offense.
    Consistently missing blocking assignments & not picking up blitzes since 2007.
    He missed ONE blocking assignment.

Pssh.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    I had a blast at your crib. Gotta love that southern hospitality. The ribs were amazing. Best I have ever had. The pig sandwich was very good as well especially with the coleslaw on it. I think I ate half of your dip that you made. I blame Marrdro for the loss though. He had no Beast on tap but we took care of a mini keg of Coors Light. I wish I could have spent more time with you and the rest of the gang that was there. I could sit there and listen to the southern talk all night. Can't wait to come there again!

Your post was spot on but let me help you with the noodle since you ignored him. Yes I said it. That arm is in bad shape. He had 3 good throws all night. I don't understand how you can miss a wide open Harvin at the end of the game and miss a wide open Kleinsasser on the 2 point conversion. I was sick of watching him hold his elbow on ever play. Get your ass out of there if you can hit a wide open target.

I don't understand why we are not running more slant routes. We did at the end of the game but all we did in the beginning was run straight patterns. WTF!?
    LOL! I can just imagine how that convo went...

Mars: Hey Marty, I just happen to be in town tonight, would it be OK if I came over to watch the game?

Marrdro. Sure my sey little pixie! But give me a few minutes before you do, I'm in the middle of pulling my pork right now.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Hey Marrdro, the guys on Kfan said Cook was benched because he was missing assignments. Thought you might want to know that.

I am craving some ribs!
    He'll try selling you that meant Tahi forgot to turn in his science homework & a book report.

Mars, it sure wasn't obvious to either you or I when it came to Cooks play unless it has something to do with his ability to pull.

Line calls.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

I am craving some ribs!

Line calls.
    No, I thought he made good line calls. He was late on either a screen or sealing the right edge one time, can't remember.

singersp wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

LOL! I can just imagine how that convo went...

Mars: Hey Marty, I just happen to be in town tonight, would it be OK if I came over to watch the game?

Marrdro. Sure my sey little pixie! But give me a few minutes before you do, I'm in the middle of pulling my pork right now.
    I thought you quit being a pervert. :silly:

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

I am craving some ribs!

Line calls.
    No, I thought he made good line calls.
    How the hell do you know? lol

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415