Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Vikings vs Jets Postgame Discussion

There it is again, another sloppy fricken game on national TV.

What a total embarrassment. The dumb butt penalties. Hell, when one of most reliable players has 3...you know things are bad. Covering-up the TE Percy? Heck, my 7-8 year old teams know about this. Where the hell are these players heads?

Brett, WTF? Just bad early on. Bad throws and putting it on the turf? Offda!

At times our Defense was lax...but thank goodness they were able to hold them to a punt or a FG. And even more thanks to the Jets for dropping so many passes.

2nd and long, lets do a draw against a pretty good fricken run Defense. This Jets team is scary on Defense.

After we scored and kicked it away, I am pretty positive all Viking's fans knew a big return was coming...and it was a big one. Damn!!!

And then they give us some hope when Favre gets hot.

(I love it when players pick the 2pt conversion and try to run it out! LOL dumbass!!!)

Never fear, I am sure the refs cost us the game for the no pass interference call late in the 4th...lol!

We give up the big runs late; and we are supposed to be stellar at run D; way to step up D.

What's this? Another false start by the Offense...get outta here. Not the Viking's.

And there we go, more hope with a great TD pass the Harv.

WTF Jets? Throwing the ball near the 2 minute warning? Are you fricken stupid idiots? LOL!!!!!!!!

Then Favre shit the bed. That's the game. Son of a bitch!

AZJetfan is offline Waterboy

Re: Vikings vs Jets Postgame Discussion

Ladies and gentleman It started rough but finished strong. You gave us all we could handle. Great game and I look forward to seeing you in the SB. You played better tonight than most teams have against us in the 2nd half. See ya in Febuary
    None

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

AZJetfan wrote:
    Ladies and gentleman It started rough but finished strong. You gave us all we could handle. Great game and I look forward to seeing you in the SB. You played better tonight than most teams have against us in the 2nd half. See ya in Febuary
    Very well said.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Beezer is offline Waterboy

I think everybody knew what happened this game. So I'll spare the redundancy.

I walk away from this loss feeling a little bit more relieved that the offense can finally score more than two touchdowns a game. But at the same time, more troubled that Favre is still committing turnovers...and losing the game.
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Hated to see them lose even though I predicted it.

I also predicted we'd beat the Cowboys......I may be wrong.

I think Favre's elbow may end his career.

Perhaps it's time. If the O-line can't do any better than they did tonight.....he's crazy to keep playing because he's going to get killed if he does.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Misery: (noun) "Great unhappiness; extreme pain of body or mind; wretchedness; distress; woe" or being a Vikings fan.
    We're bringing purple back.

5vikingsrule6 is offline Training Camp

offense wasnt fired up for over half the game.

Bad Coaching RRP all game.....

we had a spark of light in the end of the game....

how does favre over throw a wide open percy harvin? I know hes short, but come on really?

And all the damn penalties killed us...

over all crappy game.

We looked good in the fourth, but we have to play four quarters and not give up over 4 turnovers. And always take the XP and not go for 2 when you dont need to....]

/rant

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

NodakPaul wrote:
    AZJetfan wrote:
    Very well said.
    Not well said. If he thinks we will make the super bowl he is a moron (that was said in a light hearted way, just so you know). The jets could make it there, but not us. At least you aren't a dick like the saints fans. Good game (i always think its funny when we say that considering we don't play at all, but eh).
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Game ended up alright, but was a bad, sloppy game. That game was ours. Chilly needs to be shot.

I'm starting to slip boys, that Favrewagon is taking off, and I don't have my arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. He gets ONE more shot, then might as well go TJ time. I don't think he would have put us in any worse position. TJ can definitely put up bad turnovers, but Favre's made a habit of it. And its obvious his elbow is wrecked. His short/mid throws were off all game, his deep throws were money though

Some notes:
    Marty, did you see that beautiful long, deep, high kick with hangtime? Caught about 5 yards deep, kickoff team met the returner around the 15, finally made the tackle at the 18.

Moss has some work to do learning the O. I think him not being on the field in our 2 minute drill really hurts us. He's a huge threat, and needs to get ready and be out there.

our D, once again played great. 21 points is pretty damn solid

Position-by-position breakdown:

QB: C-. brutal game by Favre, with the exception of three throws, which all went for TD's. There were some good gains, but that was 95% on the receiver making a good catch. With the exception of one 3rd and 15 with a laser to moss for the first down.

RB: B+ Again, AP is a beast. No question. There's just one thing that drives me fucking nuts. 18 carries. in the pouring rain, you run the best back in the league 18 times? Goddamn. Even my Junior football coach knew that in the elements, its harder to pass, easier to run. So RUN. Oh, and Gerhart? Child please

OL: <Facepalm>

TE: (See: OL)

WR: B+ They actually played pretty well. They got open, got separation, Favre just couldn't hook up. Harvin should have about a buck 80 today. He missed him on a huge seam route down the middle, and that one short one at the end of the game which the announcers claim could have been a 40+ yard gain. Moss played alright, but has some learning to do. Lewis even caught the damn ball. Didn't see Berrian at all, which I like.

FB: Most likely the reason we lost. Just 'cause

DL: B. with the exception of Allen, not bad. Allen needs to divorce his wife asap, and get the mullet back, because he's playing like a shitty backup. Oh, and did I ever mention how overrated our run defense is?

LB: B+ They actually played decently. When they covered, they covered well. Worth noting Leber step-for-step with LT deep down the sideline. A few good plays on the run, loved seeing EJ launch himself at LT to slow him down on the pitch play.

S: B. Decent. Not extraordinary, but decent. No huge gainers, so thats a plus. Caught out of position on the Shonn Green TD, but other than that, they filled in alright, withthe exception of M. Williams who can't tackle to save his Mothers life.

CB: C-. Lito. And. Asher. Allen. SUCK. Winfield played alright, Griff played well until he got hurt. I hope to hell its nothing serious.

Coaching: D I just about shit myself in the Yell, when it happened. I'm not talking about how looking back it woudl have been a good idea. I hated the call when it happened. KICK THE EXTRA POINT. Its basic coaching 101. ONLY go for two, if you NEED it. with 12 minutes left, we didn't NEED two. That miss took us out of the game. It was always a 2 score game when we needed to drive late. It should have been an 8 point game, not a 9. TAKE THE POINT. Don't get greedy.

Oh, and give Mr. Best back in the league a few more touches, please? Its wet and rainy, you're not going to move the ball in the air as well as if it were dry. RUN RUN RUN. and give our D a rest. 3rd and short/med is a hell of alot easier than 3rd and 15+, which we saw alot.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast