Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorshammer10 View Post
    I am an absolute optimist. I see us easily winning the first 2. We have all of our young guys in place and the veteran teaching them along the way. Really the offense all depends on the amount of play we get from Peterson. Peterson 15 or more carries 27- 17 vikings, offense wins the game. Peterson less then 15 carries 20-19 vikings, defense wins the game.
    If Peterson sees more than 10 snaps I will be shocked.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Vikings 27
    Jaguars 10

I really think that if there's one game on the schedule we SHOULD easily win it should be this first game. I think that even though Simpson will be out for the first three games Harvin and Wright along with Rudolph will be able to effectively move the ball against a mediocre at best Jaguars secondary. Defensively Jared Allen and Co. should get some decent pressure on Gabbert to make some ill-advised throws and hopefully Cook or Smith end up with a pick or two. Their main offensive threat is obviously MJD, who should have difficulty running against one of the best run defenses in the NFL. Take into consideration we're playing at home and all the Vikings rubes have been waiting for football for 9 months and we just got a stadium bill passed and the fact that nobody thinks we're going to do jack this season all adds up to a rowdy-as-usual Metrodome crowd which will aid us in an easy victory.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I see a fairly close game. I think it will be loaded with mistakes from both teams and the guys in stripes. Whoever limits the errors the most comes out on top.

I think Ponder has a pedestrian game, and we stay conservative (surprise, surprise). Percy may break a play or two. We will give up one or two big plays on defense, whether it's MJD or Blackmon.

Both teams will go heavy on pressure on the QB's as they are both suspect and the receiving threat is not very strong. I think I read where Ponder was the most pressured QB last year...why stop now until he shows that he will take advantage of it.

The TE's for the Vikings could very much determine our success in this game. I would like to see a lot of focus on Rudolph and Carlson to help keep the LB's and Safeties a bit more honest.

I'll give the Vikings the edge, with a strong first half, but this time they hold on for the win. 21-17.

Thorshammer10 is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I am an absolute optimist. I see us easily winning the first 2. We have all of our young guys in place and the veteran teaching them along the way. Really the offense all depends on the amount of play we get from Peterson. Peterson 15 or more carries 27- 17 vikings, offense wins the game. Peterson less then 15 carries 20-19 vikings, defense wins the game.
    If Peterson sees more than 10 snaps I will be shocked.
    Me too!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Both teams will try to run the ball, and stop the run. I doubt either QB attempts more than 25passes, unless one team gets a big lead.
    I think Harvin will be the focus of the Vikings offense, with Peterson getting limited action(No suprise since he's clearly our best player without Peterson).
    MJD will get limited carries. The Vikings do a good job containing the run game.
    Close game, but the home team advantage is the difference and the VIkings win 13-10.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    This is going to be a terrible game, but thanks to both teams running the ball a lot, it will be over fast with the clock running the whole time.

I have picked us to win, but do not expect it to be by a lot. Home field advantage should help as well as the jags just being god awful. Hopefully AP plays and lights it up because Gerhart is terrible. Blackman likely scores a major over tiny Winfield and MJD probably scores another. We find a way to score on defence and the rest field goals for a 16-14 win.
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Prediction:
    The Vikings offense moves the ball but fails to score for much of the game. The Jag defense brings a lot of blitzes, daring Ponder to make the quick read. A couple of big plays get us on the board, and Walsh caps it off with a 50+ yard FG.

Jared Allen starts the year off with two sacks, and our secondary picks off Gabbert once. Blackmon has a good game, posting 100+ yards in his first NFL start, but the rest of the offense is quiet.

Vikings win 17-14.
    Walsh has no clue how to kick a FG from 50+

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Me too!
    I highly doubt Peterson will see the ball more than 10 times in this game too. They'll get him in enough to get some contact and get his feet under him, but that will more than likely be it.

I just don't think the Jags offense will have enough firepower this go 'round. MJD will be rusty, Blackmon is still a rookie and I don't buy the new and improved (and poised) Blaine Gabbert. If the Vikes get a pass rush early, Vikings win 24-13.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    My projections:

Peterson does not see more than 15 PLAYS (not carries/touches), if he plays at all.
    Gerhart has a nice first half, generally kept in check second half. Less than 100 yards
    Harvin has a big game. 120 yards and 2 scores
    Rudolph has a quiet game, but a touchdown.
    Ponder throws for less than 250, in an alright, but not fantastic performance.

Defense has our best game of the year, 5 sacks in total, less than 200 pass yards, under 70 rush yards.

Win, 31-13

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Walsh has no clue how to kick a FG from 50+
    Oh ye of little faith...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast