Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Vikings vs. Giants pre-game articles

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    This is a true test of intestinal fortitude.
    The team needs to have a short memory and not think about what happened last time we played an outdoor game, ahem...shutout.
    If we play with focus and do not get rattled by mistakes, we have a fair shot to steal one at the Meadowlands.
    If we turn the ball over more than the Giants, then we are screwed.
    Lets hope Eli tosses up 6 picks like his big bro did against the Chargers.

This is really a key test for T Jack...the Giants have a great front line (even without Kiwanuka). If our offense can play error-free ball, and the defense can keep Eli in check and have some takeaways, we could come away with a big win and build some momentum down the stretch...and raise TJ's confidence somewhat. I'm looking for a big game from CT, TWill and our LB's.

Man, I hate losing to the Giants, especially the way we've been totally embarrassed in the past few years. I want to make a statement Sunday...just dominate them. Then I won't have to hear from anybody at work on Monday!
    I hear ya man... I'm doing my part... putting myself out there... I got my Vikes garb on at work today... question is will I still be able to wear it on Monday (after washing it of course!!)?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' defense vows to clamp down against New York Giants[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/20/2007 10:33:50 PM CST

Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams was still fuming Tuesday, two days after recording a season-high 10 tackles in a dominant performance against the Oakland Raiders......
    Nice read my friend.
    Thanks.

Here is a nice little nugget for you to chew on...........

Briefly: The Vikings' offense is ranked higher (13th) than the Giants' (15th), but New York is fifth in first downs per game, while the Vikings are 21st.
    .......and yet some still use the wore anemic.
    Wonder what they are hoping for, the Randy ratio or something like that to return.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings hope scene set for strange-but-true repeat at Giants Stadium[/size]

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/20/2007 10:33:45 PM CST

Vikings cornerback Darren Sharper celebrates one of his three interceptions during the Vikings' 24-21 victory over the Giants at the Meadowlands in 2005 that started Minnesota on a six-game winning streak......
    Very nice read my friend.

Funny how one forgets about that win but remembers only the ass whooping they gave us in the playoffs.
    Man that one smarted for along time.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    This is a true test of intestinal fortitude.
    The team needs to have a short memory and not think about what happened last time we played an outdoor game, ahem...shutout.
    If we play with focus and do not get rattled by mistakes, we have a fair shot to steal one at the Meadowlands.
    If we turn the ball over more than the Giants, then we are screwed.
    Lets hope Eli tosses up 6 picks like his big bro did against the Chargers.

This is really a key test for T Jack...the Giants have a great front line (even without Kiwanuka). If our offense can play error-free ball, and the defense can keep Eli in check and have some takeaways, we could come away with a big win and build some momentum down the stretch...and raise TJ's confidence somewhat. I'm looking for a big game from CT, TWill and our LB's.

Man, I hate losing to the Giants, especially the way we've been totally embarrassed in the past few years. I want to make a statement Sunday...just dominate them. Then I won't have to hear from anybody at work on Monday!
    I hear ya man... I'm doing my part... putting myself out there... I got my Vikes garb on at work today... question is will I still be able to wear it on Monday (after washing it of course!!)?

Can't wash it if (I mean when) we win! LOL.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings hope scene set for strange-but-true repeat at Giants Stadium[/size]

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/20/2007 10:33:45 PM CST

Vikings cornerback Darren Sharper celebrates one of his three interceptions during the Vikings' 24-21 victory over the Giants at the Meadowlands in 2005 that started Minnesota on a six-game winning streak......

[size=12pt]I remember it well...I also remember some cheap shot remarks by Tiki Barber after that game.[/size]
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Frostbite is offline Coach

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Down the stretch run of this season, we need our team leaders to step up and push this team to play hard. That's what guys like Pat Williams, Sharper, Tony Richardson have to do.

Our defense must come up big against the Giants, we must stuff the run, and pressure Eli every time he throws. Tarvaris has to build off last weeks performance, and protect the ball.

I really want T-Jack to play well, as I am sick of reading MN sport writters drivel, Mark Craig article was the latest, thanks Marrdro for calling it like you see it. He is a Putz.

Winning two in a row especially on the road in New York would be big, we will need all our guns firing to take this game. I'm looking for a dominant running game,l and I want to see Eli get knocked on his jiggly butt, yeah give him a nice massage on the way to some meadowland turf salad.

Yes....I am with you on this line of thinking. Eli is coming off a pretty good game against the Lions. He had 28 completions out of 39 attempts for 283 yards and no Ints....but he has 11 Ints so far this season and has had some less than stellar performances. I think a good amount of pressure forces him to throw a couple more Ints possibly on Sunday. Our Defense is going to have to show the same type of Hard Nosed quality stuff they showed against the Chargers. Time for Griffin to elevate his game...and for the ALL the secondary to step up and show what they can do. We will need a top Pass rushing day and some well designed blitz packages as well.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]The injury report[/size]

November 21st, 2007 – 8:48 PM
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Here’s the official Vikings and Giants injury reports for Wednesday........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Quotes From Winter Park[/size]

11/20/2007

vikings.com

Head Coach Brad Childress

The New York Giants, I think you have to start when you talk about the New York Giants with how resilient they were to withstand that 0-2 start and not playing particularly well and I think it speaks to their veteran leadership........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' defense vows to clamp down against New York Giants[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/20/2007 10:33:50 PM CST

Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams was still fuming Tuesday, two days after recording a season-high 10 tackles in a dominant performance against the Oakland Raiders......
    Nice read my friend.
    Thanks.

Here is a nice little nugget for you to chew on...........

Briefly: The Vikings' offense is ranked higher (13th) than the Giants' (15th), but New York is fifth in first downs per game, while the Vikings are 21st.
    .......and yet some still use the wore anemic.
    Wonder what they are hoping for, the Randy ratio or something like that to return.
    :
    No, C macs not here yet.

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]The injury report[/size]

November 21st, 2007 – 8:48 PM
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Here’s the official Vikings and Giants injury reports for Wednesday........
    Burress has been hurt for a while...Reuben Droughans is definitely no slouch filling in for Jacobs.

[size=13pt]Giants concerned about fan behavior [/size]

November 22, 2007 – 4:00 AM
    by RALPH VACCHIANO
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Vikings rookie RB Adrian Peterson, who has a partially torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee, was on the field for the first part of practice yesterday, participating in light individual drills. There is an outside chance he'll be ready for Sunday's game.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast