Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Re: Vikings vs. Giants pre-game articles

I don't know about the match-up difficulties. The Giants are more of a bull-rush front four than a speed rush. The Vikings O-Line might be able to handle their rush. I think if the Vikings can get pressure on Eli, they can force him into some mistakes. That could make it a close game.

Go Vikings!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"x-ray" wrote:
    I don't know about the match-up difficulties. The Giants are more of a bull-rush front four than a speed rush. The Vikings O-Line might be able to handle their rush. I think if the Vikings can get pressure on Eli, they can force him into some mistakes. That could make it a close game.

Go Vikings!

let's hope so!! I think you are right about the Giants pass rush in that they are more bull rushers....I know we don't like to see T.Jack run that much becasuse of the injury potential but I really think that could help him and the team in the final outcome of this game. It could be an X factor??

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

This is a true test of intestinal fortitude.
    The team needs to have a short memory and not think about what happened last time we played an outdoor game, ahem...shutout.
    If we play with focus and do not get rattled by mistakes, we have a fair shot to steal one at the Meadowlands.
    If we turn the ball over more than the Giants, then we are screwed.
    Lets hope Eli tosses up 6 picks like his big bro did against the Chargers.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Fisrt and foremost the team has to show up ready to play hard this week. We have had some inconsistancy in that area to say the least. Next are Turnovers. We commit 5 against NY we are going down....Hard.

T.Jack is going to have to be mobile and show some wisdom this game. I hope the coaches have some designed role out plays for him away from Strahands side. The defense absolutely must be able to stop the runs to the outside. Greenbay had way to much success with Grant doing this and you can bet the Giants are going to try the same thing until we can stop it.

We need pressure on Eli Manning this game. Not just by the blitz alone either. Finally....Chester Taylor and the O-line must have a good game with time of possession and scoring after long drives.

We have not much success in NY so I am not optimistic about our chances Sunday. I am wanting a big win against the Giants in the worst way!! Still sore about that 40 zip beating we took in tne NFC Championship game in 2001. I'd love to return the favor!! Well....at least get a win there.

Cheers!

Absolutely...if we pressure him, he'll make mistakes. His receivers are hurting too.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    This is a true test of intestinal fortitude.
    The team needs to have a short memory and not think about what happened last time we played an outdoor game, ahem...shutout.
    If we play with focus and do not get rattled by mistakes, we have a fair shot to steal one at the Meadowlands.
    If we turn the ball over more than the Giants, then we are screwed.
    Lets hope Eli tosses up 6 picks like his big bro did against the Chargers.

This is really a key test for T Jack...the Giants have a great front line (even without Kiwanuka). If our offense can play error-free ball, and the defense can keep Eli in check and have some takeaways, we could come away with a big win and build some momentum down the stretch...and raise TJ's confidence somewhat. I'm looking for a big game from CT, TWill and our LB's.

Man, I hate losing to the Giants, especially the way we've been totally embarrassed in the past few years. I want to make a statement Sunday...just dominate them. Then I won't have to hear from anybody at work on Monday!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I think this will be a good test for the Oline and TJ too. Im not too optimist. Everyone seems so pumped about our win over the pathetic Raiders. Sunday is reality day. Might even be worse then when we played the pack.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' defense vows to clamp down against New York Giants[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/20/2007 10:33:50 PM CST

Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams was still fuming Tuesday, two days after recording a season-high 10 tackles in a dominant performance against the Oakland Raiders......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings hope scene set for strange-but-true repeat at Giants Stadium[/size]

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/20/2007 10:33:45 PM CST

Vikings cornerback Darren Sharper celebrates one of his three interceptions during the Vikings' 24-21 victory over the Giants at the Meadowlands in 2005 that started Minnesota on a six-game winning streak......

[size=13pt]Two In a Row?[/size]

11/20/2007

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

On Sunday against the Raiders, the Vikings won for the fourth time this season. Next Sunday against the New York Giants, the Vikings will try and win their second consecutive game for the first time in 2007......

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Down the stretch run of this season, we need our team leaders to step up and push this team to play hard. That's what guys like Pat Williams, Sharper, Tony Richardson have to do.

Our defense must come up big against the Giants, we must stuff the run, and pressure Eli every time he throws. Tarvaris has to build off last weeks performance, and protect the ball.

I really want T-Jack to play well, as I am sick of reading MN sport writters drivel, Mark Craig article was the latest, thanks Marrdro for calling it like you see it. He is a Putz.

Winning two in a row especially on the road in New York would be big, we will need all our guns firing to take this game. I'm looking for a dominant running game,l and I want to see Eli get knocked on his jiggly butt, yeah give him a nice massage on the way to some meadowland turf salad.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast