Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings vs. Giants game predictions

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    Anxious to read your take on the Lions Marrdro?? Any Predictions??? Besides a win...I know being the long time Vikings Fan you are that predicting a win will be obvious in your reply.

I have a feeling that the Lions will come in READY to play this game. As a division rival still in a serious hunt for a WC spot we better not under-estimate them...Kitna or not...LOL. We have had a nasty habit over recent years of letting down in big game situations...even at home on occasion. We simply must take care of business Sunday.

I predict Vikings 24 Lions 14. with A.D. (For the Purple Jesus Parrishiners) having a big come back game of 175 and two Tds.

Cheers!
    I think the Lions game comes down to just a couple of things.

Can they stop our running attack and will they be able to even mount any sort of running attack.

I know everyone is pretty optimistic over this one, mostly because we played them pretty close early on in the season and they have lost thier last three games (Arizona, Giants, and GB).

Another thing people are pretty excited about is the way we rattled Eli and the belief that we have a new and improved defensive scheme. As for me I think that we haven't solved world hunger with our current success against Eli but rather just face a QB that was easily rattled by our blitz package.

Kitna on the other hand, won't be as easily fooled and I look for him to put up fairly decent number again if we can't get pressure on him with our front four without committing a steady dose of LB blitz packages.
    In my world they will be able to get some pressure with the front 4 and selectively roll in an occasional LB blitz to keep him guessing.

Because they won't be able to establish any sort of run (they are struggling with it anyway) we should be able to focus alot on the pass as they are pretty much a one dimensional team.
    That should help our front 4 with applying the right kind of pressure without over extending ourselves, again, with alot of LB blitzing.
    The ole, "Pin thier Ears Back" cliche' applies here.

On thier side of the defense they are very respectable with 28 sacks and 15 INT's with Ernie Sims as thier biggest tackler.
    They appear to me that they are also struggling with thier cover 2 as we are as they are ranked 31rst against the pass.
    We should be able to get alot of short to intermediate passing when/if we can't move the ball via the running game which plays into our strenght as well.

On a side note, we do have a young QB that is easily rattled. If our OL can't pickup the blitz (which will come early and often) then it might be along day for the young Jedi.
    Look to see alot of 2 TE sets with a FB in to block as well.

We might have some troubles running if they elect to stack the box, which they might not have to do as much as one would believe as they are ranked T9th against the run.
    Good thing for us, as I stated above, they are ranked 31rst against the pass.

Long story short,

TJ protects the ball better and has no interceptions.
    He goes 22/35 for 235yds and 2 TDs

AD plays but in a limited role and mostly as a decoy or as a reciever out of the backfield.
    10 rushes for 66 yds and 5 receptions for 35 yards

CT doesn't set the world on fired with any long runs, but stays patient behind our OL and the Zone Block thier dimply buttocks off to a 90 yard effort against a very stout defense and scores 2 TD's off of short runs one of which is set up by a poor pass/INT from Kitna.

End result, Vikes 31 Lions 17
    Good read Marrdro.
    You had me until the TJ going 22/35 part.
    Guess you're starting to feel confident in our OL to give him some protection leading to his best game as a pro.
    I hope you're right, and as always, enjoy your optimism.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    Anxious to read your take on the Lions Marrdro?? Any Predictions??? Besides a win...I know being the long time Vikings Fan you are that predicting a win will be obvious in your reply.

I have a feeling that the Lions will come in READY to play this game. As a division rival still in a serious hunt for a WC spot we better not under-estimate them...Kitna or not...LOL. We have had a nasty habit over recent years of letting down in big game situations...even at home on occasion. We simply must take care of business Sunday.

I predict Vikings 24 Lions 14. with A.D. (For the Purple Jesus Parrishiners) having a big come back game of 175 and two Tds.

Cheers!

Can they stop our running attack and will they be able to even mount any sort of running attack.

I know everyone is pretty optimistic over this one, mostly because we played them pretty close early on in the season and they have lost thier last three games (Arizona, Giants, and GB).

Another thing people are pretty excited about is the way we rattled Eli and the belief that we have a new and improved defensive scheme. As for me I think that we haven't solved world hunger with our current success against Eli but rather just face a QB that was easily rattled by our blitz package.

Kitna on the other hand, won't be as easily fooled and I look for him to put up fairly decent number again if we can't get pressure on him with our front four without committing a steady dose of LB blitz packages.
    In my world they will be able to get some pressure with the front 4 and selectively roll in an occasional LB blitz to keep him guessing.

Because they won't be able to establish any sort of run (they are struggling with it anyway) we should be able to focus alot on the pass as they are pretty much a one dimensional team.
    That should help our front 4 with applying the right kind of pressure without over extending ourselves, again, with alot of LB blitzing.

On thier side of the defense they are very respectable with 28 sacks and 15 INT's with Ernie Sims as thier biggest tackler.
    They appear to me that they are also struggling with thier cover 2 as we are as they are ranked 31rst against the pass.
    We should be able to get alot of short to intermediate passing when/if we can't move the ball via the running game which plays into our strenght as well.

On a side note, we do have a young QB that is easily rattled. If our OL can't pickup the blitz (which will come early and often) then it might be along day for the young Jedi.

We might have some troubles running if they elect to stack the box, which they might not have to do as much as one would believe as they are ranked T9th against the run.

Long story short,

AD plays but in a limited role and mostly as a decoy or as a reciever out of the backfield.

CT doesn't set the world on fired with any long runs, but stays patient behind our OL and the Zone Block thier dimply buttocks off to a 90 yard effort against a very stout defense and scores 2 TD's off of short runs one of which is set up by a poor pass/INT from Kitna.

Good read Marrdro.
    Guess you're starting to feel confident in our OL to give him some protection leading to his best game as a pro.
    If he goes 22/35 then almost all the credit will go to the OL, WR's, TE's and RB's who will be huge contributers to that effort.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Long story short,

Good read Marrdro.
    If he goes 22/35 then almost all the credit will go to the OL, WR's, TE's and RB's who will be huge contributers to that effort.

;D
    I really don't feel like the vikings match up well at all with the lions. The Lions Strength on offenses strength is there ability to pass the ball, minnesota's weekness is pass defense.
    The vikings offensive strength is running, the lions strength. You always want to attack the opponents weekness which means in this case means the vikings are gonna need to pass, which they are not very good at.
    Prediction:
    vikings 31 Lions 28 F/OT

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Thanks Marrdro. Now I won't have to watch the game. lol!

Maybe we could find a mod to move this over to a thread called Vikings vs. Kitties game predictions.
    You know me.
    I have been on the NFL site looking at stuff from thier previous games, looking at thier stats and trends etc etc etc.
    I love this pooh.

;D

I will cut and past it if a thread is built my friend.
    I appreciate your research and find your prediction very plausable. Wish I had more time for research. But as usual, I'm posting between patients when I get the chance.
    Hit and run poster. Opinion based on a faulty memory more than fact. But I'm having fun and have learned a lot.
    The game Sunday is a must win. It will tell us the character of the team. Will it be a let down like the Green Bay game?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

Thanks Marrdro. Now I won't have to watch the game. lol!

Maybe we could find a mod to move this over to a thread called Vikings vs. Kitties game predictions.
    You know me.
    I have been on the NFL site looking at stuff from thier previous games, looking at thier stats and trends etc etc etc.
    I love this pooh.
    ;D

I will cut and past it if a thread is built my friend.
    I appreciate your research and find your prediction very plausable. Wish I had more time for research. But as usual, I'm posting between patients when I get the chance.
    Hit and run poster. Opinion based on a faulty memory more than fact. But I'm having fun and have learned a lot.
    The game Sunday is a must win. It will tell us the character of the team. Will it be a let down like the Green Bay game?
    Sounds a lot like me, thats why this site is enjoyable to me... the number of members who do their homework and post it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011