Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings vs. Giants articles

[size=13pt]100 Words: Giants (12-3) at Vikings (9-6)[/size]

December 25, 2008, 2:00 pm

By John Woods
    nytimes.com

Each week, The Times asks the bloggers who cover opposing teams to break down the coming game for the Giants — in 100 words or less. (Give or take a few rants.) In this edition, we examine the Giants’ game against the Vikings on Sunday (1 p.m. Eastern on Fox)....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Possible Giants-Vikes rematch influences strategy[/size]

BY TOM ROCK
    [email protected]

December 26, 2008

The Giants don't know whom they'll face when they host an NFC divisional playoff game in two weeks. Any number of teams could find themselves traveling to Giants Stadium. One of those possibilities is the Vikings...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Possible Giants-Vikes rematch influences strategy[/size]

BY TOM ROCK
    [email protected]

December 26, 2008

The Giants don't know whom they'll face when they host an NFC divisional playoff game in two weeks. Any number of teams could find themselves traveling to Giants Stadium. One of those possibilities is the Vikings...

With all speculation going on, I really think the Giant's won't play their best. Couple of key players have had or have an injury even if it's a little one, playing them makes it worse.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for all the reads you ole Newshound.
    Didn't read them all but got through a good share of them as I sit here at work with hardly anyone esle to bother me..... ;D

Something that came to mind as I read some of them though........

Would the Giants show us a whole gameplan for this game?
    Think about it a bit. Even though I have been a ardent supporter that they will come in and try to beat us with thier best, maybe that isn't gonna be the case.

Sure, they will play thier starters and sure they will try to win, however, maybe they will do it with a bare bones, limited risk gameplan in case they have to meet us in the playoffs this year.

I know I am reaching cause the other side of the arguement is why won't they just go all out to get us out of the playoffs by just beating us?

Well, because they aren't healthy enough to beat us now, nor anybody really based on thier injury report.

Anyway, I almost have myself convinced that we won't see a full blown scheme/attempt by this staff.
    Thier situation is completely different than it was last year and they would seem to have more to gain by not risking further injury to thier players that are already dinged or show us thier full game plan.......

Just saying/pondering...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purpledoom is offline Starter

It bothers me a little all the people saying we can beat the Giants because they won't play thier best. If we can't beat them playing thier best how can we expect to advance to the promised land and for tht matter how can we feel we deserve to.

Well fellas, all I have to say is that I'd rather make the playoffs by hard work and dominating play than to sneak in through the back door or have to rely on someone else to beat someone else. I you can't make the playoffs by brute force you shouldn't be there. That's all I have to say about that.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Big C is offline Coordinator

We can beat the Giants if we hold on to the ball. That's my biggest concern. There is nothing anybody besides the 53 men on the field can do about it.

For gods sake, just fair catch every single punt if there is an opponent within 2 feet of you.

Run AP up the middle all day. He is MUCH more careful with the ball when running between the tackles.

TJ needs to take better care of the football. Whenever he runs with the ball he is just holding it instead of tucking it away. And please slide for crying out loud. He is playing well and won't do the TEAM any good by getting injured or dinged. Since he is a mobile QB any injury that hampers his mobility is as good as an injury to his throwing arm. Fighting for a 1st down is one thing, but going in to contact for an extra yard is not worth it.

Manning is not the same QB we pillaged last year. He won't turn the ball over this time, so we better have our offense ready to go.

I am optimistic but oh so nervous about this one.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

SIUviking is offline Starter

This game could be decided in the 1st quarter. If we jump all over them and knock them around they will pull their starters and run the ball to get the game over with. I am hoping we can jump to a 17-0 lead early and just coast by running the ball agaist 2nd string players.

No matter how much the Giants say they want to win their mental state will be very different than the Viking players wanting to win. I guess we will see if that turns out to be an advantage or not.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

purpledoom is offline Starter

"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    Well fellas, all I have to say is that I'd rather make the playoffs by hard work and dominating play than to sneak in through the back door or have to rely on someone else to beat someone else. I you can't make the playoffs by brute force you shouldn't be there. That's all I have to say about that.

I agree 100%

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for all the reads you ole Newshound.

Didn't read them all but got through a good share of them as I sit here at work with hardly anyone esle to bother me..... ;D

Something that came to mind as I read some of them though........

Would the Giants show us a whole gameplan for this game?
    Think about it a bit. Even though I have been a ardent supporter that they will come in and try to beat us with thier best, maybe that isn't gonna be the case.

Sure, they will play thier starters and sure they will try to win, however, maybe they will do it with a bare bones, limited risk gameplan in case they have to meet us in the playoffs this year.

I know I am reaching cause the other side of the arguement is why won't they just go all out to get us out of the playoffs by just beating us?

Well, because they aren't healthy enough to beat us now, nor anybody really based on thier injury report.

Anyway, I almost have myself convinced that we won't see a full blown scheme/attempt by this staff.
    Thier situation is completely different than it was last year and they would seem to have more to gain by not risking further injury to thier players that are already dinged or show us thier full game plan.......

Just saying/pondering...... ;D
    They wont need to show or use it against us..DL pressure alone will fuck TJ up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast