marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: VIKINGS vs EAGLES OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086175
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1086163
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086079
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1086023
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1086014
    OK I'm here to eat my crow.
    But I have to say, we have found our head coach and any assistant coaches he wants to keep.
    And we no longer need to worry about drafting a QB. Get a cheap free agent veteran as a back up and we are golden.
    Wow. We have a promising future.
    What a night.
    Slow your roll doc. I still think we need to keep an eye on the draft. We would be foolish to pass up on Newton, Locker, Mallet, or Gabbert. I want to see more of Webb before we write off the draft.
    Dear God, please say "No!" to Cam Newton.
    Why? Please explain. You can't just say no and leave no backup.
    Because Cam Newton is a JaMarcus Russell clone. I like my college QBs to be 3-year-starters (like Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Sam Bradford, etc.) rather than single-year flashes.

=Z=
    Thank you. I have a huge bet going with two guys at work saying two QBs will get picked above Newton so I hope other teams agree with you. I told them I thought Newton was a product of good players around him. I still think he is worth a look. He had an outstanding year!

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086185
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1086160
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086051
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1086041
    Even the O-line played decent.

Was Webb's success due in part to the improved play of the O-line? Gotta believe it played a big role in it as did the play calling. Goes to show how much we need a good O-line that can play like that week in & week out.
    Its called a mobile QB.

Some chucklehead has been saying all year that our problems aren't with the OL but rather the surrounding cast and what the QB is doing.

Did you hear the talking heads on NFLN? They said that they talked to the Iggles coaches on one of the slow days while they waited for the game to be played.

The coaches said that they wouldn't rush Webb like they would have the Noodle.

Last night, if you watched closely (I know you did) you saw thier OLB'rs off the line by atleast 3 and upwards to 5 yards off the line last night. That helped the OL, allowed the coaches to split TE's wide (See Dugan out there) and even got ole Tahi out in a route.

Said it before, and I will keep saying it. That Aints showed how to beat us with the Noodle in there. Flood the gaps, tackle the RB if you see him as you go to the spot the statue is going to be at.

Most people don't want to listen for 2 reasons......1) They think I'm picking on the Noodle and 2) they only want to say our OL sucks and doesn't have any depth......:P
    Oh give it a rest. You were wrong on that. TJ was a mobile QB too! Webb did nothing for them last week! It just so happens that they kinda showed up last night. You act like they looked like Pro Bowlers. They were not that good. Webb was just awesome!
    Do we have to rehash everything over and over and over with you?

TJ looked fine, at one point completing 8 of 9 and moving the team until he and AD knocked knees. In the end, that made him "Not Mobile" anymore.

Again, watch the game. Look closely at what the LB'r weren't doing that we've seen other teams doing.

It not only tracks with what the Iggles coaches said, but tracks with what I'm saying.
    Who the fuck is "WE"! That is the second time you used that. Nobody is talking with you!

TJ did not look fine that game. You are on crack.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086197
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1086194
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086176
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1086173
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086133
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086131
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086122
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086116
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086114
    ....coach Leslie Frazier said Brett Favre would be his starting quarterback Sunday if Favre is healthy. Frazier is required to say this, we believe, by a clause in Favre's contract that requires whoever happens to be coaching the team to profess unerring loyalty to the 41-year-old grandfather, long after evidence proves such loyalty senseless.
    Joe Webb Beats Expectations, Eagles

......snicker.......Guess what, this guy cracks me up. :laugh:
    Right no way Favre could ever pass for 0 TDs, O Ints, and under 200 yards. Obviously Webb is better.
    Hmmmmmm, I need to go check some stat lines.
    The 0INTs may be tough but I'm sure he could toss a TD and through for more than 195 yards
    Its the wins that I want to look for.......
    I look for the play of OTHERS on the team but I will play your little game. One would only have to look as far as THIS years Redskin game to see Favre can do that and win too! LMFAO! Check and mate!
    What and who's little game? I think you are feeling abit left out cause they were successfull without your hero.

Its OK my friend. Just enjoy the win for what it was. A total team effort.
    Baiting again I see. Maybe I should report this. We have won 49 years without Favre. What is your point? I prove you wrong yet again and all you can do is bash Favre some more.
    Yawn., it was a good thread for awhile at least.
    Yup you ruined it yet again. Yawn indeed.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1086199
    Oh give it a rest. You were wrong on that. TJ was a mobile QB too! Webb did nothing for them last week! It just so happens that they kinda showed up last night. You act like they looked like Pro Bowlers. They were not that good. Webb was just awesome!
    [/quote]

Who the fuck is "WE"! That is the second time you used that. Nobody is talking with you!
    Well excuse the holy fuck out of me. A string of posts with only you and I in it with me responding to you equates to WE.

Again, you sure seem to have your panties in a fucking bunch over something tofuckingday.

As I said, it was a fun thread there for awhile.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

After watching this game, here are a few of my take aways:

1. Joe Webb looks like he has a lot of promise. Played a hell of a game. Stayed calm and made the throws when needed in key situations.
    2. Offensive line looks a lot better with a mobile QB (even with subs in there).
    3, AD still one of the best when healthy and mobile QB loosens defense a little.
    4. Receivers had some drops but made enough plays to keep the D honest.
    5, When our defense isn't conservative and we utilize blitz schemes even our back ups in the secondary look OK.

Kinda makes you wonder what could have been. I for one am looking forward to the next game and next year as well.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Perhaps Webb’s most impressive stat of the night was that he committed zero turnovers. There were times where the rookie QB didn’t scan the field as well as a veteran QB would have – such as missing a wide open Adrian Peterson in the endzone early in the 3rd quarter that resulted in a 10-yard loss and a FG instead of a TD – but overall, he made sound decisions with the ball in his hands.
    Webb’s Impact, Now And Later
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086212
    Perhaps Webb’s most impressive stat of the night was that he committed zero turnovers. There were times where the rookie QB didn’t scan the field as well as a veteran QB would have – such as missing a wide open Adrian Peterson in the endzone early in the 3rd quarter that resulted in a 10-yard loss and a FG instead of a TD – but overall, he made sound decisions with the ball in his hands.
    Peterson was wide open. Webb looked at him. My guess is that he did not want to make a mistake. I saw a defender lurking in the back. I will not fault him there.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1086231
    I agree. There might have been a window, or the defender could have jumped the pass for a pick.

Peterson was wide open. Webb looked at him. My guess is that he did not want to make a mistake. I saw a defender lurking in the back. I will not fault him there.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

I will fault him for not throwing the ball 20 rows into the stands behind the end zone and, instead, taking an 11-yard loss on the sack.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086235
    I will fault him for not throwing the ball 20 rows into the stands behind the end zone and, instead, taking an 11-yard loss on the sack.

=Z=
    Agreed

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast