Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    LOL!!!!!
    ;D
    Check this out!
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090102

    down the page a bit is the NFO stuff...

    ** Philly's Andy Reid will be battling former assistant Brad Childress on Sunday in a matchup Peter King described as "teacher vs. pupil." Teacher vs. pupil???? That explains everything! [size=10pt]Do you think Reid tutored Childress in classes like "Screwing up a Two-Minute Drill," "Hanging Your QB Out to Dry," "Dumb and Possibly Damaging Field Goal Attempts," "Idiotic Short-Yardage Calls," "Special Teams Collapses," "How To Blow Your Challenges," "Leaving Yourself With No Timeouts" and "How To Remain Calm As You're Getting Booed By Your Own Fans"?[/size]
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  2. #52
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    The Vikings violate four of my signature rules for a decent playoff team: They're poorly coached; they have abominable special teams; their QB could self-destruct at any time; and [size=10pt]their fans are so racked with doubt about this particular team that you can hear their sphincters collectively tightening during games.[/size]
    Ouch.
    Funny cuz its true???

    Aren't we living that one prematurely with Philly after Week 17? Check out their eight road games this year:



    Dallas 41, Philly 37
    Chicago 24, Philly 20
    Philly 40, S.F. 26
    Philly 26, Seattle 7
    Cincy 13, Philly 13 (tie)
    Baltimore 36, Philly 7
    Philly 20, NYG 14
    Washington 10, Philly 3



    And check out Minnesota's eight home games:



    Indy 18, Minny 15
    Minny 20, Carolina 10
    Minny 12, Detroit 10
    Minny 28, Houston 21
    Minny 28, Green Bay 27
    Minny 34, Chicago 14
    Atlanta 24, Minny 17
    Minny 20, NYG 19



    So we have a 3-4-1 road team laying points to a 6-2 home team playing in one of the only definitive Good Home-field Advantage Arenas left in football? How does that make sense?
    I hope our boys are pissed about that dis and ready to kick some serious iggle assssss!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. #53
    HoosierVike's Avatar
    HoosierVike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    262

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    The Vikings violate four of my signature rules for a decent playoff team: They're poorly coached; they have abominable special teams; their QB could self-destruct at any time; and [size=10pt]their fans are so racked with doubt about this particular team that you can hear their sphincters collectively tightening during games.[/size]
    Ouch.
    Funny cuz its true???

    Aren't we living that one prematurely with Philly after Week 17? Check out their eight road games this year:



    Dallas 41, Philly 37
    Chicago 24, Philly 20
    Philly 40, S.F. 26
    Philly 26, Seattle 7
    Cincy 13, Philly 13 (tie)
    Baltimore 36, Philly 7
    Philly 20, NYG 14
    Washington 10, Philly 3



    And check out Minnesota's eight home games:



    Indy 18, Minny 15
    Minny 20, Carolina 10
    Minny 12, Detroit 10
    Minny 28, Houston 21
    Minny 28, Green Bay 27
    Minny 34, Chicago 14
    Atlanta 24, Minny 17
    Minny 20, NYG 19



    So we have a 3-4-1 road team laying points to a 6-2 home team playing in one of the only definitive Good Home-field Advantage Arenas left in football? How does that make sense?
    I hope our boys are pissed about that dis and ready to kick some serious iggle assssss!!
    i saw this earlier today on ESPN and i was sooo happy that finally someone acknowledged these points.

  4. #54
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    Somebody on NFL Network (think it was Sterling Sharp) was saying that the Eagles better make sure they wrap up AP, cuz if they start trying to tackle the football instead (going for fumbles), he might just bust some big ones on them.
    Then later, he picked the Eagles to beat us.
    Billick actually picked the Vikes.

    The good news I guess, is that they will be missing a starting DT/DE and an OG too...actually, wasn't Max-Gean Gilles a starter for them too?
    That would mean they are down 2 OGs...?
    Anywho, kind of balances out us missing Pat and Ray...at least somewhat.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  5. #55
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    [size=13pt]NFL Wild-Card Weekend: Sunday[/size]


    Another guy who picks against us.


    PREDICTION
    Eagles, 28-17: Get ready, Giants. The Eagles are looking dangerous.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  6. #56
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,226

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Somebody on NFL Network (think it was Sterling Sharp) was saying that the Eagles better make sure they wrap up AP, cuz if they start trying to tackle the football instead (going for fumbles), he might just bust some big ones on them.
    Then later, he picked the Eagles to beat us.
    Billick actually picked the Vikes.

    The good news I guess, is that they will be missing a starting DT/DE and an OG too...actually, wasn't Max-Gean Gilles a starter for them too?
    That would mean they are down 2 OGs...?
    Anywho, kind of balances out us missing Pat and Ray...at least somewhat.
    Sharpe has a decent point there and I could see an aggressive defense like Philly overplaying trying to get to the ball.
    I don't really care who picks us or picks against us ... none of it matters come game time. I personally really like our chance, but acknowledge that this one can get really ugly either way. Both of these teams have had very up and down moments this season. Let's hope we are on an up and can hit them on a down and have it wrapped up by the 3rd quarter.
    I also like that Samuel is dinged up. Maybe a play-action deep ball to Berrian on first or second down on first possession could be a home run.

  7. #57
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    [size=13pt]Vikings update[/size]

    Last update: January 2, 2009 - 8:25 PM


    Defensive end Ray Edwards (knee) was the only player missing as the Vikings held a final practice in preparation for Sunday. Wide receiver Bernard Berrian had been limited on Wednesday and Thursday because of a sprained ankle, but he was able to take part in all of Friday's session....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #58
    Sidewindor's Avatar
    Sidewindor is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    57

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    "midgensa" wrote:
    Sharpe has a decent point there and I could see an aggressive defense like Philly overplaying trying to get to the ball.
    I don't really care who picks us or picks against us ... none of it matters come game time. I personally really like our chance, but acknowledge that this one can get really ugly either way. Both of these teams have had very up and down moments this season. Let's hope we are on an up and can hit them on a down and have it wrapped up by the 3rd quarter.
    I also like that Samuel is dinged up. Maybe a play-action deep ball to Berrian on first or second down on first possession could be a home run.
    Samuel hasn't been the best pick up for us this off season. Sure he's a big name. Sure he's a pretty good corner. However, his ability to snag picks and shut down receivers hasn't been quite what we were hoping for this year. Sheldon Brown is a lights out hitter, but fair in coverage. Dawk is the same way. He will lay people out and he is a ball hawk, but match him up against the speed of Berrian when the corner bites on the play and you have a shot for 7 every time. 2 guys you should worry about is Joselio Hanson and Quinten Mikell. VERY underrated players IMO.

    We have gaps in our defense. I love the aggressiveness of Jim Johnson, but sometimes when we utilize those exotic blitz schemes, it really opens up the defense for someone like AP.

    "Its the name on the front of the jersey that matters most, not the one on the back." ~ Joe Paterno

  9. #59
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    [size=13pt]Eagles' mobile McNabb is a handful to harass[/size]

    The Eagles' big-armed QB is a concern for a Vikings defense that could be down two key starters for their playoff opener.

    By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

    Last update: January 2, 2009 - 11:38 PM


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #60
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' defensive line not 100 percent for Eagles[/size]

    Edwards out, Williams uncertain for Eagles

    By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]

    Updated: 01/03/2009 12:13:27 AM CST



    The Vikings' defensive line will be without at least one starter and possibly two Sunday for a wild-card playoff game against Philadelphia.........


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings vs. Giants articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 01:45 PM
  2. Vikings vs. Falcons Articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 05:02 AM
  3. Vikings vs. Eagles post-game articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 07:20 AM
  4. Vikings vs. Eagles pre-game articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 08:27 AM
  5. Vikings vs Panthers game articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 09:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •