Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings vs. Eagles articles

[size=13pt]Eagles' McNabb has proved all the naysayers wrong[/size]

Maybe that's why the quarterback refuses to stay down when so many have counted him out. After all, one doesn't last 10 seasons as quarterback of the beloved "Iggles" without a strong arm, a stronger psyche and a back-in-your-face mentality.

By MARK CRAIG, Star Tribune

Last update: January 1, 2009 - 12:12 AM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]After surviving, they're thriving: Good friends Andy Reid, Brad Childress reunite in playoffs[/size]

It's been a bumpy season for friends Reid, Childress

By Brian Murphy
    [email protected]

Updated: 01/01/2009 02:05:34 AM CST

Carpooling and cookouts bonded Andy Reid and Brad Childress during their vagabond days as aspiring football coaches at Northern Arizona University....

[size=13pt]Despite critics, Eagles to bring Reid's pass-first mentality to playoffs[/size]

The Eagles have stuck to coach Andy Reid's pass-first philosophy this season, which has drawn its share of critics.

By Frank Fitzpatrick
    Philadelphia Inquirer

Updated: 01/01/2009 02:08:09 AM CST

"Pass-to-run."

For Andy Reid and his playoff-bound Philadelphia Eagles, the phrase refers not so much to a ratio as to a rationale....

[size=13pt]A Closer Look[/size]

12/31/2008

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

If you’ve followed the NFL for any amount of time or if you’ve read anything at all this week about the Vikings-Eagles Wild Card matchup, you know about the Philadelphia Eagles. They boast one of the league’s best defenses, a top-notch quarterback in Donovan McNabb and one of the game’s most versatile weapons in running back Brian Westbrook....

[size=13pt]Vikings vs. Eagles Storylines[/size]

12/31/2008

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Welcome to the playoffs! When the season began there were 32 teams vying for the right to hoist the Lombardi Trophy on Super Bowl Sunday, but now there are just 12 teams still alive. And the Vikings are one of those teams....

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Well, the curse begins again. Two Minnesota teams lost in big games yesterday. The Gophers lost in their Big Ten basketball opener and the football team lost in the Insight Bowl.
    Maybe that bodes well, can Minnesota teams lose 3 of 3. Or will the Vikings break the streak?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Well, the curse begins again. Two Minnesota teams lost in big games yesterday. The Gophers lost in their Big Ten basketball opener and the football team lost in the Insight Bowl.
    Maybe that bodes well, can Minnesota teams lose 3 of 3. Or will the Vikings break the streak?
    Naw, the losses are out of the way now leaving the Vikes the only team to win.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

phillyj is offline Rookie

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Despite critics, Eagles to bring Reid's pass-first mentality to playoffs[/size]

The Eagles have stuck to coach Andy Reid's pass-first philosophy this season, which has drawn its share of critics.

By Frank Fitzpatrick
    Philadelphia Inquirer

Updated: 01/01/2009 02:08:09 AM CST

"Pass-to-run."

For Andy Reid and his playoff-bound Philadelphia Eagles, the phrase refers not so much to a ratio as to a rationale....

Cris Collinsworth, the NBC/NFL Network commentator and former NFL wide receiver, said what mattered most for the 9-6-1 Eagles wasn't how many times they threw the ball but how many times they (a) got it in Brian Westbrook's hands and (b) how Donovan McNabb ran.

"If Brian Westbrook runs it 15 times and catches seven, eight passes, touches it 22 or 23 times, they're in good shape," Collinsworth said. "I don't care if it's a screen or a flare or how you get the ball in his hands. That doesn't make any difference to me. I just think that he's a special guy.

"The other part of it, I think, is that Donovan McNabb will take off and run once in a while. ... Defensive coordinators playing the Eagles would all say the same thing: 'I think we can play these guys all right. But one thing we cannot handle is when Donovan takes off and runs.'
    I'd like to nominate Collinsworth as our next head coach, or our head coach for this game ;D

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

The Eagles had 1,700 yards gained after the catch, fifth-best among all NFL teams
    OhOH!
    The more I look at this matchup, the more I think this may be the toughest of the 6...They are real good where we're not.
    Passing vs. our D, their D vs. our passing offense...most of the other teams are way more run oriented, our specialty.
    D'oh!

I think we're going to need close to perfect execution, AND good coaching/playcalling to win this game.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Error free patient football against the blitz crazy Igglz, will pay off, like Adrian says "Famine, Famine, Feast", the Vikings will be feasting early and often Sunday....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast