By Eric Krupka on November 20, 2006 12:21 AM
    RealFootball365.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings vs Dolphins Post Game Articles

Childress news conference
    Monday, November 20th, 2006
    by Judd Zulgad

The injury report from the Vikings’ 24-20 loss at Miami on Sunday looks like this:

– Cornerback Cedric Griffin underwent an MRI on a neck stinger but coach Brad Childress said results are not back yet.

– Right guard Artis Hicks has a lateral left ankle sprain, which Childress said is not as bad as a high-ankle sprain. “He’s got pretty good swelling in that ankle,” Childress said.

– Right tackle Marcus Johnson also has a left ankle sprain.

– Defensive end Jayme Mitchell has an AC sprain in his shoulder. He is expected to be fine.

– Cornerback Antoine Winfield had a concussion in the loss but passed an “impact test,” on Monday.

Childress held his Monday news conference this afternoon and said this of his team’s fourth consecutive defeat: “No one is more disappointed than our players, our staff and our coaches about that loss. I have not been able to make true the mantra: The Vikings don’t beat the Vikings. Ten minutes to go and you turn the ball over three times [two of which the Dolphins defense turned into touchdowns] you aren’t going to win many football games in this league. I’m disappointed in that. Obviously, with the defense playing the way it did, rushing-yardage wise, I know they have things they want to improve. I saw some signs offensively, we did some decent things. But it’s hard to beat people when you turn the football over, particularly late in the game like that. So we go on and we correct that. Six games to go.”

Childress said one thing he is, “not contemplating right now,” is a change at quarterback. That means Brad Johnson remains the starter. Johnson had a costly interception returned for a touchdown in the fourth-quarter Sunday by Jason Taylor. Running back Chester Taylor had two fumbles that he lost in the quarter

===================

Defensive TDs Stop Vikings
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

That's what I don't like about Childess. His ego seems too important and he doesn't want to do anything that might show signs of reliquishing power or weakness.

I wish someone from the media would ask why he is still playing Brad Johnson.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Viking notes: Stats change adds 7 rushing yards and a sack[/size]

Turns out the Miami Dolphins running game Sunday wasn't as inept as it first appeared.

Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    Last update: November 20, 2006 – 10:33 PM

Turns out the Miami Dolphins running game Sunday wasn't as inept as it first appeared....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"