Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    patistheman is offline Starter

Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

"Hawgski" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That Monday night game Romo tossed ~5 INTs and lost a fumble and somehow they still eeked out a W.
    If Tarvaris can play the ole Dilferesque ball the Vikes have a good chance at taking this game.
    I'm not worried about Romo, any guy that tosses the ball into his couch while worrying about his grasp doesn't strike fear into me.
    That is enough to show you how good they are or just how bad the Bills are.
    To turn the ball over that many times is not the norm for that team.

If anyone here does not feel the Cowboys are one of the top 3 teams in the NFC, you need to reconsider.

I am just as happy as anyone about the win yesterday. BUT, They almost gave it away, they allowed Griese to throw for almost 400 yards, they let Devin Hester return a punt for a TD after he was pinned against the sideline at the 10, TJ missed wide open receivers on 15yd dump passes, the receivers dropped more passes then imaginable.

Prophet, I think the Cowboy passing game is a little :
    better than the Bears.
    It all depends on which Tony Romo Shows up.
    He has not looked good two games in a row.
    Yesterday he did not throw as many INTs but I saw him miss too many open recievers for a QB that is getting as much hype and butt kissing by the anylyst as he is.

If we do see the Tony Romo that played the first 4 games of the year we are definatley in trouble.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Here ya go:

NFC passing so far:

Offensive Passing Leaders

NAME COM ATT PCT YDS YPG YPA LNG TD INT SK SYD RAT
    1 Dallas 119 200 59.5 1648 274.7 8.54 59 15 9 8 59 93.5
    10 Chicago 122 212 57.5 1230 205.0 6.51 81 8 12 18 151 66.2
    15 Minnesota 77 151 51.0 846 169.2 6.08 60 3 6 13 72 60.0

on the other hand:

Offensive Rushing Leaders
    RNK NAME ATT YDS AVG YPG LNG TD FUM LST
    1 Minnesota 153 851 5.6 170.2 73 5 7 3
    3 Dallas 161 783 4.9 130.5 54 7 2 1

sig courtesy of PPE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Hawgski" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That Monday night game Romo tossed ~5 INTs and lost a fumble and somehow they still eeked out a W.
    If Tarvaris can play the ole Dilferesque ball the Vikes have a good chance at taking this game.
    I'm not worried about Romo, any guy that tosses the ball into his couch while worrying about his grasp doesn't strike fear into me.
    better than the Bears.
    Maybe, just a little bit better.
    It is going to be interesting watching Marion Barber go against our defense.
    You have to know that they are going to try to get him on some short routes, one on one against one of our Backers.
    If the 1-4 Bills can almost beat the Girls and hang with them they aren't as infallible as some like to think.
    The girls have a good team that is very beatable.
    Things are starting to click.
    The Vikings D looks fine...with the exception of the meldown at the end of the game yesterday.
    I'm not worried about Jeckyl & Hyde Romo and I'm sure they're not worried about Tarvaris.
    They better be worried about AD/CT and the run d.
    I don't give a shit of Romo passes for 600 yds as long as they score less pts than the Vikings do.
    They have done a reasonably good job at keeping people out of the endzone...even though the passing statistics are inflated this year and last.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

The main
    problem I see here is that our team doesn´t match fine with Dallas,to be honest I think we have very few chances next Sunday.Dallas is the best team on NFC(which is not too much to say BTW)

Warning:Message not allowed for pessimist.

The possitive aspect
    is we
    are starting to believe
    our team is a good one
    ,I am refering not
    to ourselves ,the fans ,the team rite now believes in their chances and faith moves mountains.The rest of the schedule,If I am not wrong,is against teams that we match fine with,so it is possible we come back to Minn with a 2-4 record,but after that what? SD? NY? Denver?,I dont really believe that teams are much better than the Vikes ,It all will depend on us...
    The season just started yesterday for us and I think we are able to say many things in this NFC.
    El underdog.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Winfield matched up well against TO last time we played him (against philly a few years back), except for a non-TD that Tice didn't challenge.

I think our D-coordinator has his work cut out for him.
    If we run the ball and keep Dallas off the field, we've got a good chance.
    I'd like to believe Chicago has a better defense than Dallas.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"Hawgski" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That is enough to show you how good they are or just how bad the Bills are.
    To turn the ball over that many times is not the norm for that team.

If anyone here does not feel the Cowboys are one of the top 3 teams in the NFC, you need to reconsider.

I am just as happy as anyone about the win yesterday. BUT, They almost gave it away, they allowed Griese to throw for almost 400 yards, they let Devin Hester return a punt for a TD after he was pinned against the sideline at the 10, TJ missed wide open receivers on 15yd dump passes, the receivers dropped more passes then imaginable.

better than the Bears.
    I agree that this is going to be incredibly tough for us.
    The Bills had everything go right for them, and they still lost.
    Do you think we're closer in talent level to Dallas or Buffalo?

Do not expect Dallas to come out and turn the ball over 6 times against us.
    They have a pretty good QB and very talented WRs.
    They will score points.
    If the Bears scored points on us, the Cowboys definately are going to score points on us.

Anything can happen, but I think we need to play very well and the Cowboys need to play very poorly for us to win.
    An average game by them is probably enough to beat us no matter what we do.
    The problem for us is that we are a defensive team, but will likely give up at least 24 points against that aggressive and talented offense.
    Our offense hasn't shown the ability to match that production until AD had one of the best games ever last week.
    We need: 1) a great game from AD; 2) no turnovers from TJ; 3) receivers don't drop passes; 4) no big plays allowed by our D; 5) win the turnover battle; and 6) limit penalties.

Tough game on the road.
    We'll see what happens.
    It's only one game though.
    Let's not go crazy if/when the Vikes do lose.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

I apologize I have no evidence to back this up, but I'm 97.5% positive that Romo "strained" his shoulder during the Pats game. He finished the game though, but who knows how that might affect his game this week. I for one hope that he is full strength just so we can get a feel for how we can compete against a team that many consider to be one of the top teams in the NFL.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    I apologize I have no evidence to back this up, but I'm 97.5% positive that Romo "strained" his shoulder during the Pats game. He finished the game though, but who knows how that might affect his game this week. I for one hope that he is full strength just so we can get a feel for how we can compete against a team that many consider to be one of the top teams in the NFL.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...AFC25315CA0A5E

Here's the link...
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...AFC25315CA0A5E

Here's the link...
    Very nice find my friend.
    I saw he had it iced/covered during his press conference but I missed the whole injury thing.

Way to many beasts me thinks.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Hawgski" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Who's defense is better?

The Vikes (13 Sacks/7 Int's) or the Bills (4 Sacks/9 Int's)?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=min
    Get serious, do you really think that will be the difference??
    Dallas was looking beyond Buffalo, at New England.
    They will not look past the Vikes.
    They will be ready, it will be another tough road game for the Vikes. Romo is not Brian Griese, it will be all we can do to contain that passing attack.

Nice Hawgski,

You, like myself, take into account the teams at play, upcoming schedual also....

But I think you are a little off base with the way you are looking at it....Or should I just say, our opinions do differ.

This could be a trap game for Dallas, I see them looking ahead to Philly, who they have to play on the road.
    Just because we won and AD had a great game, I don't think this put alot of fear into teams who right now think they are the cream of the league.....Dallas will go into this game thinking they should win easily, thats what I believe the players will be saying amongst themselves...

Philly is a big rival to the Boys, and I think we catch them underextimating us soom and looking ahead to Philly.

Meanwhile, I think us beating the Bears in Chicago, gave our boys a boost of great confidence, and we will be thinking of nothing but knocking our the Cowboys.....Then we get to return home after being away 3 weeks ( the bye and two road games) to play Philly, who I think right now, we match up well against.

I will make an early prediction.....Vikings

Cowboys 24.

Another game we play tough in and take it at the end..... ;D
    Not you too!
    I thought you were better than that my friend.

;D

To think that a Football organization would look past another team because of thier record or percieved prowess on the field is crazy.

Any given Sunday my friends.
    Any given Sunday.

Come on Marr, I also thought you were better than that my friend....LOL

YES,
    I do believe that even at the pro level, players can and do, look ahead at their schedual, and personaly put more weight on one game than let's say another....

In this case, I wouldn't be suprised at all if some of the Cowboys players talk about the upcoming Philly game, just as much and if not more that the visiting Vikings......

I've seen it in the High School level, and in Adult organized flag football leagues.
    Also I've seen it happen in Semi Pro Rugby leagues......It just plan happens in sports.

But your correct,

Any given Sunday my friend, any given Sunday, and oh yea, that Sunday after that one also....LOL

;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast