Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

"FromDallas" wrote:
    I wouldn't expect Romo to have a game like he did against the Bills. First off he will be at home with the crowd behind him. Second, if he didn't have a bad game against the Pats it's not likely he will have a bad game against the Vikes. The Vikes have an above average defense but it is not in the class of the Pats (few are).

As for Peterson ... I watched just about every one of his games in College and even a few of his games in high school. My family is from Kaufman, Tx who's highschool is in the same division as Palestine, Tx where Peterson went to highschool. He is without doubt the real deal. As far as his long term career the only question he will have to answer is can he stay healthy. His running style causes his body to take a lot of punishment.

I love when the no brainers bring up the injury subject.....First off, all RB's take a beating in any game they play.l

AD, had two injuries in college,
    a sprained ankle, which is not all that uncommon with RB's and two his broken collar bone, which by the way was self inflicted.
    He tried to do a show boat dive into the endzone on a TD run and hurt himself.
    AD is 100% now and he is a big strong
    RB who really doesn't have a history of injuries, not from hits taken anyways......I've always said, he was 1st pick in the draft worthy, and I was happy as hell to see him drop to #7 when we stole him....

Dallas will just be another in a long line of teams to feel the wrath of AD come Sunday...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Did I mention that I HATE the Cowboys?
    And, that their fans are even worse?

Roy couldn't cover a bed with a blanket, like the kid, and his girlfriend, but that's a fact Jack.
    Also, when he cheats to 'kill AD' Shiancoe will go right behind him thank you.

Three keys:
    1) pressure Romo, which will lead to, 2) winning the turnover battle, and, 3) take Witten away, he's Romo's binkie.
    If #1 isn't realized, I'm afraid he will torch us.
    Man to man coverage is gonna need to be better because blitzing will be necessary for pressure.
    Witten can kill you, good route runner, great hands, and decent speed.
    He's probably what Chilly though Shiancoe could be (far, far cry from Witten...for sure).
    However, in this game, we will absolutely need to get Shiancoe more involved, to drag a LB or two away from the line of scrimmage...he needs to step up.
    Getting the TE downfield opens alot of real estate for WR crosses and play action.
    Chilly, get Shiancoe incorporated.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    Oh, don't you worry.
    I'm here...
    reading a bunch of delusional fans.
    Comparing a probable 'flash in the pan' with some of the league's greats.
    I don't go trolling or spamming teams fan sites unnecessarily, i feel passionate about this game coming up and all this AD hype.
    It's like people have gone stark raving mad.
    He's a ROOKIE who has only played in 5 games...get over it.
    He ran up some yards on a beat-up bears team...
    okay.
    Roy has been going to the probowls when this kid was in high school, and yes he will go again this year.
    No one ever said his strengths were pass coverage.
    He intercepts balls and PUNISHES RUNNERS.

The funny thing is that Adrian IS a cowboy fan and if you remember his interviews on draft day, he said he's always loved the cowboys and that was his dream was to play for them, but he knows that's probably not going to happen.
    I'm not a believer... let's see him strap it up against THE best D in the NFL.
    Roy's a calling...
    The funny thing to me is the AD hype is legit and the media and other hacks aren't even mentioning Chester Taylor...they guy who rushed for well over a thousand yards last year.
    I guess the 'backup' rookie is a smokescreen for the Girl fans....the equivalent of Yankee fans in the NFL.

The best D in the NFL?
    Talk about delusional.
    If you click here you will see that your claim as the Girls 'best D' is not quite correct.
    If you look at total pts given up the Girls rank 22nd while the Vikings rank 13th.
    My son is in first grade and he could tell you that a team ranked 13th is higher ranked than a team that is ranked 22nd.
    Maybe you were talking about total pts...wait, that doesn't work either....the Vikings come in at 8th best and the Girls come in at 25th.
    Wow, and who is delusional?
    Maybe you were referring to yds/game, guess not...Girls come in at 11th best.

This will be a battle on Sunday.
    I'm looking forward to Romo having a game like he had against the Bills.
    Funny how you can have some opposing fans intelligently discuss football, like FromDallas.
    And then you get asshats like hx38596 who show how stupid some fans can really be...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"FromDallas" wrote:
    I would rather see Roy hit a man straight on and wrap up and take him to the ground.

Not all hits by the Dallas defense have been dirty this year but it does seem as if in every game this year the opposing offense has lost a couple players to injury. The Giants and the Bears each lost like 5 players and the 'Phins, Bills, Pats, and Rams all lost at least 2 starters to injury (not long term for at lease the remainder of the game). Hopefully both teams can stay healthy this week.
    Amen.
    Here's to that!!

And a good game!!

Nice to see NOT all Cowboys fans are A holes!
    Like my grandmama said, they come in all colors

Our Defense has been known for some pretty big hits too...and some injuries from them.
    Last play of the first half of last week's game for instance.
    The list from last year includes Kevin Jones, Matt Hasselbeck, Tommie Harris etc...but our hits are good clean hits...sounds like Royboy actually tries to hurt people with his moves.
    Karma will catch him one way or another... 8)

And, yeah, we know he's coming up.
    I sure hope TJack and Co. are ready with the quick screen etc to beat the blitz and leave them 'boys laying in the dust!!
    Actually, sounds like the easy way to get AP the ball in a one on one open field, doesn't it
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"hx38596" wrote:
    Oh, don't you worry.
    I'm here...
    reading a bunch of delusional fans.
    Comparing a probable 'flash in the pan' with some of the league's greats.
    I don't go trolling or spamming teams fan sites unnecessarily, i feel passionate about this game coming up and all this AD hype.
    It's like people have gone stark raving mad.
    He's a ROOKIE who has only played in 5 games...get over it.
    He ran up some yards on a beat-up bears team...
    okay.
    Roy has been going to the probowls when this kid was in high school, and yes he will go again this year.
    No one ever said his strengths were pass coverage.
    He intercepts balls and PUNISHES RUNNERS.

The funny thing is that Adrian IS a cowboy fan and if you remember his interviews on draft day, he said he's always loved the cowboys and that was his dream was to play for them, but he knows that's probably not going to happen.
    I'm not a believer... let's see him strap it up against THE best D in the NFL.
    Roy's a calling...
    What does Roy going to Pro Bowls when AD was in High School to do with anything dipshit?

Intercepts balls sure.
    But how many people make that jackass look silly?
    A whole lotta guys do.

Roy is a thing of the past, done, stick a fork in him.
    Even the Dallas fans are unhappy with Roy (the smart ones that is).

So keep on amusing us with you Roy crotch-sniffing analysis.
    Maybe someday when Roy needs some healthy manlove you will be there on your knees and waiting.
    *sniff, sniff*

FromDallas is offline Training Camp

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "FromDallas" wrote:
    I wouldn't expect Romo to have a game like he did against the Bills. First off he will be at home with the crowd behind him. Second, if he didn't have a bad game against the Pats it's not likely he will have a bad game against the Vikes. The Vikes have an above average defense but it is not in the class of the Pats (few are).

As for Peterson ... I watched just about every one of his games in College and even a few of his games in high school. My family is from Kaufman, Tx who's highschool is in the same division as Palestine, Tx where Peterson went to highschool. He is without doubt the real deal. As far as his long term career the only question he will have to answer is can he stay healthy. His running style causes his body to take a lot of punishment.

so by using your logic, your saying the bills have an amazing defense???
    wait thats not right.
    mabye you need a minute to think about what you want to say, go ahead, i'll wait...
    Actually what I'm saying is that the game against the Bills was a fluke game. He hasn't had a performance like that against any other team this year including a top notch defense, so I would not expect him to do it against an above average defense like the Vikes have.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213