Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 126
  1. #101
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    It will take a sooner to bring down one.
    Mr. Roy Williams is a run stopper, and might be the AD-killer.
    He is outstanding against the run, and he seems very adept at punishing and hurting runners.
    Let's not forget he took out T. Owens for a year and put Emmitt Smith in retirement with a, uh... a uh...
    Oh yeah.
    BROKEN COLLARBONE
    You guys should be very happy if your beloved AD comes back to Minn. in one piece.
    R.W. hits very, very hard.
    He took out T.O. by "horse collaring" him which is now illegal in the NFL, yet he continues to do it. He's been fined twice this year alone for it. He should be suspended by the NFL for his dirty play.
    That's the best way to avoid contact when you are a puss.
    Jump out of the way and horse collar.

    What a pussy.

  2. #102
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    It will take a sooner to bring down one.
    Mr. Roy Williams is a run stopper, and might be the AD-killer.
    He is outstanding against the run, and he seems very adept at punishing and hurting runners.
    Let's not forget he took out T. Owens for a year and put Emmitt Smith in retirement with a, uh... a uh...
    Oh yeah.
    BROKEN COLLARBONE
    You guys should be very happy if your beloved AD comes back to Minn. in one piece.
    R.W. hits very, very hard.
    He took out T.O. by "horse collaring" him which is now illegal in the NFL, yet he continues to do it. He's been fined twice this year alone for it. He should be suspended by the NFL for his dirty play.
    That's the best way to avoid contact when you are a puss.
    Jump out of the way and horse collar.

    What a pussy.
    Roy Williams was a machine against the Patriots.
    I've never seen the Patriots so out of synch and intimidated by a player, like they did against Roy Williams and the Cowboys!


    Roy was critical towards the success of Dallas putting the big hurt on the Patriots, and showing the NFL who was the big dog . . . and who was the pretender!

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  3. #103
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    It will take a sooner to bring down one.
    Mr. Roy Williams is a run stopper, and might be the AD-killer.
    He is outstanding against the run, and he seems very adept at punishing and hurting runners.
    Let's not forget he took out T. Owens for a year and put Emmitt Smith in retirement with a, uh... a uh...
    Oh yeah.
    BROKEN COLLARBONE
    You guys should be very happy if your beloved AD comes back to Minn. in one piece.
    R.W. hits very, very hard.
    He took out T.O. by "horse collaring" him which is now illegal in the NFL, yet he continues to do it. He's been fined twice this year alone for it. He should be suspended by the NFL for his dirty play.
    That's the best way to avoid contact when you are a puss.
    Jump out of the way and horse collar.

    What a "meow".
    He does not want to try and pull that pussy crap on AD.
    He had better just fall on the ground and curl up like a ball.
    Then he can avoid injury when AD is running through him.
    He is one more horse collar tackle from being taken out.

  4. #104
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    It will take a sooner to bring down one.
    Mr. Roy Williams is a run stopper, and might be the AD-killer.
    He is outstanding against the run, and he seems very adept at punishing and hurting runners.
    Let's not forget he took out T. Owens for a year and put Emmitt Smith in retirement with a, uh... a uh...
    Oh yeah.
    BROKEN COLLARBONE
    You guys should be very happy if your beloved AD comes back to Minn. in one piece.
    R.W. hits very, very hard.
    He took out T.O. by "horse collaring" him which is now illegal in the NFL, yet he continues to do it. He's been fined twice this year alone for it. He should be suspended by the NFL for his dirty play.
    That's the best way to avoid contact when you are a puss.
    Jump out of the way and horse collar.

    What a "meow".
    He does not want to try and pull that pussy crap on AD.
    He had better just fall on the ground and curl up like a ball.
    Then he can avoid injury when AD is running through him.
    He is one more horse collar tackle from being taken out.
    Williams is just the kind of player to purposely horse collar AD to take him out, just for personal gratification.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #105
    FromDallas's Avatar
    FromDallas is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    Roy Williams is definitely overrated. This year he hasn't even been as good in run support (although he was pretty good against the Pats). He does still hit very hard but he has missed several tackles this year because he's failed to wrap up. He also is still using that horse collar tackle. He is also using another technique I noticed that is much more dangerous in my opinion. Against the Pats he wrapped up Ben Watson around the waist and threw his legs into Ben's legs. Watson ended up leaving the game with a twisted ankle. That is the reason so many players were getting hurt the last several years when he was using the horse collar. The horse collar is not so much the problem as landing on the legs of the offensive player is.

    He tends to use the horse collar when he's been beat and that is the last thing he can grab. Hopefully for Peterson he won't be in a position to be caught in that tackle. I would rather see Roy hit a man straight on and wrap up and take him to the ground.

    Not all hits by the Dallas defense have been dirty this year but it does seem as if in every game this year the opposing offense has lost a couple players to injury. The Giants and the Bears each lost like 5 players and the 'Phins, Bills, Pats, and Rams all lost at least 2 starters to injury (not long term for at lease the remainder of the game). Hopefully both teams can stay healthy this week.

  6. #106
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    "tclawmen" wrote:
    this will be a true statement game for the purple. Beating Dallas would give our squad an incredible amount of confidence the rest of the way. I have my fingers crossed but, in order for them to win they will need to play a nearly perfect game. A ball control, grind it out on the ground offense and somehow find a way to stop the Romo to T.O, Romo to Crayton, Romo to Witten show.
    Who am I kidding, after what Griese and their W/R's did to our secondary (and I think we all will agree that Romo and his weapons are far superior) Romo will easily surpass 325 yards passing and 3 or 4 T.D.'s.
    Remember the New England game last year, the Pats did'nt even attempt to run the ball, they came out throwing and never stopped until the game was basically over. Dallas will take a page out of their playbook and come out throwing the ball and when all is said and done, the stats will look something like this:
    Romo 26 for 34 - 347 yards with 4 T.D's and 1 int

    T.O 7 for 135 1 T.D.
    Crayton 7 for 106 1 T.D.
    Witten 7 for 97 2 T.D.
    If I am right (and I hope I'm not) I dont like our chances of the offense scoring 30 or more and I dont see our defense keeping them under 30. As I said, I hope I am wrong because I would love to see the Vikes beat dem boys but I just think Dallas stength on offense is our weakness on defense.
    Yeah, who are you kidding?
    Apparently just yourself.

    Griese and the Bears WRs didn't do shit against our defense, save for 3 uncharacteristic big plays.
    Go watch the game again.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #107
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    "FromDallas" wrote:
    Roy Williams is definitely overrated. This year he hasn't even been as good in run support (although he was pretty good against the Pats). He does still hit very hard but he has missed several tackles this year because he's failed to wrap up. He also is still using that horse collar tackle. He is also using another technique I noticed that is much more dangerous in my opinion. Against the Pats he wrapped up Ben Watson around the waist and threw his legs into Ben's legs. Watson ended up leaving the game with a twisted ankle. That is the reason so many players were getting hurt the last several years when he was using the horse collar. The horse collar is not so much the problem as landing on the legs of the offensive player is.

    He tends to use the horse collar when he's been beat and that is the last thing he can grab. Hopefully for Peterson he won't be in a position to be caught in that tackle. I would rather see Roy hit a man straight on and wrap up and take him to the ground.

    Not all hits by the Dallas defense have been dirty this year but it does seem as if in every game this year the opposing offense has lost a couple players to injury. The Giants and the Bears each lost like 5 players and the 'Phins, Bills, Pats, and Rams all lost at least 2 starters to injury (not long term for at lease the remainder of the game). Hopefully both teams can stay healthy this week.
    Very insightfull.
    I never thought of it that way.
    I will definately keep a watch out for that.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #108
    tclawmen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    194

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    this will be a true statement game for the purple. Beating Dallas would give our squad an incredible amount of confidence the rest of the way. I have my fingers crossed but, in order for them to win they will need to play a nearly perfect game. A ball control, grind it out on the ground offense and somehow find a way to stop the Romo to T.O, Romo to Crayton, Romo to Witten show.
    Who am I kidding, after what Griese and their W/R's did to our secondary (and I think we all will agree that Romo and his weapons are far superior) Romo will easily surpass 325 yards passing and 3 or 4 T.D.'s.
    Remember the New England game last year, the Pats did'nt even attempt to run the ball, they came out throwing and never stopped until the game was basically over. Dallas will take a page out of their playbook and come out throwing the ball and when all is said and done, the stats will look something like this:
    Romo 26 for 34 - 347 yards with 4 T.D's and 1 int

    T.O 7 for 135 1 T.D.
    Crayton 7 for 106 1 T.D.
    Witten 7 for 97 2 T.D.
    If I am right (and I hope I'm not) I dont like our chances of the offense scoring 30 or more and I dont see our defense keeping them under 30. As I said, I hope I am wrong because I would love to see the Vikes beat dem boys but I just think Dallas stength on offense is our weakness on defense.
    Yeah, who are you kidding?
    Apparently just yourself.

    Griese and the Bears WRs didn't do pooh against our defense, save for 3 uncharacteristic big plays.
    Go watch the game again.
    I did watch the game, and what I saw was Griese throwing the ball for over 300 yards and a couple of T.D.'s. Now you may not think that is a concern but I do. And to say that the Bears W/R's did'nt do much against our defense (save for 3 uncharacteristic big plays) is like saying the Bears defense did a great job of shutting down A.P. (Except for those 3 uncharacterstic big plays). A.P. smoked the bears and like it or not (when the game was on the line) Griese and the bears W/R's smoked our defense. Fact
    is the bears got back into the game and tied the score by throwing the ball even tho everyone on the field knew they were going to throw. Evaluate the game with some objectivity and you will see the same one I did.

  9. #109
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    "tclawmen" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    this will be a true statement game for the purple. Beating Dallas would give our squad an incredible amount of confidence the rest of the way. I have my fingers crossed but, in order for them to win they will need to play a nearly perfect game. A ball control, grind it out on the ground offense and somehow find a way to stop the Romo to T.O, Romo to Crayton, Romo to Witten show.
    Who am I kidding, after what Griese and their W/R's did to our secondary (and I think we all will agree that Romo and his weapons are far superior) Romo will easily surpass 325 yards passing and 3 or 4 T.D.'s.
    Remember the New England game last year, the Pats did'nt even attempt to run the ball, they came out throwing and never stopped until the game was basically over. Dallas will take a page out of their playbook and come out throwing the ball and when all is said and done, the stats will look something like this:
    Romo 26 for 34 - 347 yards with 4 T.D's and 1 int

    T.O 7 for 135 1 T.D.
    Crayton 7 for 106 1 T.D.
    Witten 7 for 97 2 T.D.
    If I am right (and I hope I'm not) I dont like our chances of the offense scoring 30 or more and I dont see our defense keeping them under 30. As I said, I hope I am wrong because I would love to see the Vikes beat dem boys but I just think Dallas stength on offense is our weakness on defense.
    Yeah, who are you kidding?
    Apparently just yourself.

    Griese and the Bears WRs didn't do pooh against our defense, save for 3 uncharacteristic big plays.
    Go watch the game again.
    I did watch the game, and what I saw was Griese throwing the ball for over 300 yards and a couple of T.D.'s. Now you may not think that is a concern but I do. And to say that the Bears W/R's did'nt do much against our defense (save for 3 uncharacteristic big plays) is like saying the Bears defense did a great job of shutting down A.P. (Except for those 3 uncharacterstic big plays). A.P. smoked the bears and like it or not (when the game was on the line) Griese and the bears W/R's smoked our defense. Fact
    Good point....but, you could also see that the Vikings were celebrating a bit too early and hopefully they learned something from that.
    My guess is that is the last time they'll play that soft at the end of a game with that much time left.

    There's no doubt that this will be a tough game, looking forward to it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #110
    tclawmen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    194

    Re: Vikings vs Cowboys -Romo to have a field day?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    this will be a true statement game for the purple. Beating Dallas would give our squad an incredible amount of confidence the rest of the way. I have my fingers crossed but, in order for them to win they will need to play a nearly perfect game. A ball control, grind it out on the ground offense and somehow find a way to stop the Romo to T.O, Romo to Crayton, Romo to Witten show.
    Who am I kidding, after what Griese and their W/R's did to our secondary (and I think we all will agree that Romo and his weapons are far superior) Romo will easily surpass 325 yards passing and 3 or 4 T.D.'s.
    Remember the New England game last year, the Pats did'nt even attempt to run the ball, they came out throwing and never stopped until the game was basically over. Dallas will take a page out of their playbook and come out throwing the ball and when all is said and done, the stats will look something like this:
    Romo 26 for 34 - 347 yards with 4 T.D's and 1 int

    T.O 7 for 135 1 T.D.
    Crayton 7 for 106 1 T.D.
    Witten 7 for 97 2 T.D.
    If I am right (and I hope I'm not) I dont like our chances of the offense scoring 30 or more and I dont see our defense keeping them under 30. As I said, I hope I am wrong because I would love to see the Vikes beat dem boys but I just think Dallas stength on offense is our weakness on defense.
    Yeah, who are you kidding?
    Apparently just yourself.

    Griese and the Bears WRs didn't do pooh against our defense, save for 3 uncharacteristic big plays.
    Go watch the game again.
    I did watch the game, and what I saw was Griese throwing the ball for over 300 yards and a couple of T.D.'s. Now you may not think that is a concern but I do. And to say that the Bears W/R's did'nt do much against our defense (save for 3 uncharacteristic big plays) is like saying the Bears defense did a great job of shutting down A.P. (Except for those 3 uncharacterstic big plays). A.P. smoked the bears and like it or not (when the game was on the line) Griese and the bears W/R's smoked our defense. Fact
    Good point....but, you could also see that the Vikings were celebrating a bit too early and hopefully they learned something from that.
    My guess is that is the last time they'll play that soft at the end of a game with that much time left.

    There's no doubt that this will be a tough game, looking forward to it.
    I could'nt agree more. The Vikings for some reason have a history of playing very aggressively early (they seem to blitz and stunt alot in the first half) and then they soften up late in the game and go into that darn prevent crap. I know trying to play on top of the W/R and bump them off their routes can lead to bigger plays if they get beat but playing the soft zone does not seem to be a great deal better in terms of their results. I just think you should dance with the one that got ya there and if thats the blitz packages, stay with it until the other team finds a way to beat it. Anyhow, I hope they kick some Cowboy butt this week.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Vikings at Wrigley Field
    By prairie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 01:18 PM
  2. Brandon Marshall - On-field talent, off-field trouble
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 04:26 AM
  3. Rooney stands by Heinz Field - Upshaw wants field turf
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 11:34 AM
  4. A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 06:59 AM
  5. ESPN is having a field day with the Vikings..
    By GQVikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •