Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings vs. Cowboys predictions

singersp wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    The saddest part is that if we beat the Cowboys, the haters will say, "We suck! Our only wins have come against two 1-4 teams!"

-V-
    You nailed that one.
    I don't see anyone saying "we suck". As a matter of fact I don't see many haters here.

Just because we don't sugar coat everything, pretend everything is great, drool over a dozen good plays & ignore the 50 bad ones, doesn't make us haters.

It is what it is. We did beat two sub-mediocre teams no matter how you slice it.

You can start making your SB reservations if you want, based on those wins, but I'll be a little more reserved & say we have a lot to prove yet & have a lot of room for improvement before I believe we can be contenders in the playoffs.

If you want to crown them, feel free to do so.

Saying a player/team sucks, when he/they do suck is called being honest, not being a hater.
    I SMELL A HATER!!!!!!!

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

V-Unit wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    The saddest part is that if we beat the Cowboys, the haters will say, "We suck! Our only wins have come against two 1-4 teams!"

-V-
    You nailed that one.
    I don't see anyone saying "we suck". As a matter of fact I don't see many haters here.

Just because we don't sugar coat everything, pretend everything is great, drool over a dozen good plays & ignore the 50 bad ones, doesn't make us haters.

It is what it is. We did beat two sub-mediocre teams no matter how you slice it.

You can start making your SB reservations if you want, based on those wins, but I'll be a little more reserved & say we have a lot to prove yet & have a lot of room for improvement before I believe we can be contenders in the playoffs.

Saying a player/team sucks, when he/they do suck is called being honest, not being a hater.
    I SMELL A HATER!!!!!!!

-V-
    **rolls his eyes**. Yeah, I just hate the Vikings.

**rolls his eyes a second time**.

**still rolling his eyes**.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

singersp wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

-V-
    You nailed that one.

You seem a little sensitive on this one, did you think I was calling you out?

I'm not crowning anyone. Way too early in the season for anyone to get that title. Which is really my point, the only thing that matters at this point in the season is you put yourself in a position to extend your season after 16 games. We won yesterday which greatly enhances our chances to do so.

The only thing that matters this week is that we prepare to play Green Bay and take care of business in Lambeau. Not going to be easy, but then again no game is, I don't care who you are playing. Unless maybe Cleveland.

The team has a long way to go, which makes winning that much more significant.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Marrdro wrote:
    AD - 175 yds rushing/75 yds receiving.
    Toby - 55 yds rushing
    Moss - 3 catches - 125 yds
    PH - 55 yds rushing/8 catches - 95 yds
    Shanc - 5 catches 75 yds
    TJ - Gets 5 reps. One goes to Moss deep, Shanc gets one, PH gets one and he runs the other 2.

Witten - 5 catches 75 yds
    Felix - 95 yds rushing
    Austin - 110 yds receiving.

I predict Romo will be running for his life and that JA finally does something positive.
    I hope your right but he was manhandled in the playoff game last year. I think Ben, JK and Ray get a couple three sacks.
    To add a bit of levity........

Someone was way to optimistic when it came to the addition of Randy would bring.

My guesstiimation must have been for next week instead of this one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

That was not so levitatious as far as I can see.

Are you saying your optimism was funny?

Explain.

If Moss had hung onto the TD passed that he muffed.....he would have had more than you predicted, right?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

tastywaves wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

-V-
    You nailed that one.

I'm not crowning anyone. Way too early in the season for anyone to get that title. Which is really my point, the only thing that matters at this point in the season is you put yourself in a position to extend your season after 16 games. We won yesterday which greatly enhances our chances to do so.

The only thing that matters this week is that we prepare to play Green Bay and take care of business in Lambeau. Not going to be easy, but then again no game is, I don't care who you are playing. Unless maybe Cleveland.

We do have a ways to go & they better damn well prepare for it.

What I'm trying to say is that we are not going to be put into great field position every week, we are not going to get 95 yard KO returns every week, we are not always going to be + in giveaway-takeaways & we are not always going to have our opponents shooting themselves in the foot with penalties & mistakes.

We had a lot of things go our way on Sunday which allowed 118 yards passing & 95 yards rushing to be enough to secure a win.

It's not going to work each & every week, nor a majority of the time, like some want us to believe.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

-V-
    You nailed that one.

What I'm trying to say is that we are not going to be put into great field position every week, we are not going to get 95 yard KO returns every week, we are not always going to be + in giveaway-takeaways & we are not always going to have our opponents shooting themselves in the foot with penalties & mistakes.

We had a lot of things go our way on Sunday which allowed 118 yards passing & 95 yards rushing to be enough to secure a win.

It's not going to work each & every week, nor a majority of the time, like some want us to believe.
    You bring up some good points there Singer.

I find it funny that during Shancs interview on NFLN last night, he thought the offense was about 2 or 3 weeks away from gelling.

Looks like we need the "Lucky Ball" to bounce our way for 3 or 4 more weeks if that is true. :huh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel wrote:
    That was not so levitatious as far as I can see.

Are you saying your optimism was funny?

Explain.

If Moss had hung onto the TD passed that he muffed.....he would have had more than you predicted, right?
    Thats just one I was wrong on.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:

-V-
    You nailed that one.

You bring up some good points there Singer.

I find it funny that during Shancs interview on NFLN last night, he thought the offense was about 2 or 3 weeks away from gelling.

Looks like we need the "Lucky Ball" to bounce our way for 3 or 4 more weeks if that is true. :huh:
    They were saying that 5 weeks into the 2006 season. By now it isn't a trend.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011