Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Five Things To Watch: Vikings Preseason Game No. 1

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I think this year we keep 6 Wrs. I think when having a scheme like we have implemented for harvin, what happens when/if he goes down? A large part of your training time is now lost for the season. I think you keep a guy like Reynaud who is Harvin lite, as an insurance policy.
    Its not like we are completely changing our scheme for Harvin.
    Yes, we've practiced the Wildcat, but both Harvin and Childress said they don't know how much to use it, if at all.
    don't expect to see us running it 10+ times a game.
    When you change your scheme for one rookie player, thats when you fall apart as a team.
    You are only thinking Wildcat. It seems like we have implemented a lot of screens and quick pops. Wade cannot run these patterns, Neither can BB. We need a quick slant guy and Reynaud is that guy.
    do you honestly think Childress is putting all his eggs in the Percy Harvin basket?

You saw and hear of lots of tricks and passing plays with harvin in TC because its what needs the most work.
    We can run no problem, we didn't focus our time running the ball in TC, we practiced passing, whether it be regular old WC passing, or trying some screens/reverses/wildcat with Harvin.
    However, don't expect to see Harvin come in, get 12 catches a game and absolutely dominate the gameplan.
    It simply won't happen, even Childress is not dumb enough to try that.
    They will go with the old gameplan, hopefully execute it better, and slowly work Harvin in.
    Overloading a rookie too early is a great way to stunt his development or get him hurt.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

Kevon - you really believe Berrian couldn't run a screen effectively?

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Is the ppo live chat gonna work during the game tomorrow?
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I think this year we keep 6 Wrs. I think when having a scheme like we have implemented for harvin, what happens when/if he goes down? A large part of your training time is now lost for the season. I think you keep a guy like Reynaud who is Harvin lite, as an insurance policy.
    Yes, we've practiced the Wildcat, but both Harvin and Childress said they don't know how much to use it, if at all.
    When you change your scheme for one rookie player, thats when you fall apart as a team.
    You are only thinking Wildcat. It seems like we have implemented a lot of screens and quick pops. Wade cannot run these patterns, Neither can BB. We need a quick slant guy and Reynaud is that guy.
    do you honestly think Childress is putting all his eggs in the Percy Harvin basket?

You saw and hear of lots of tricks and passing plays with harvin in TC because its what needs the most work.
    We can run no problem, we didn't focus our time running the ball in TC, we practiced passing, whether it be regular old WC passing, or trying some screens/reverses/wildcat with Harvin.
    However, don't expect to see Harvin come in, get 12 catches a game and absolutely dominate the gameplan.
    They will go with the old gameplan, hopefully execute it better, and slowly work Harvin in.
    Overloading a rookie too early is a great way to stunt his development or get him hurt.
    I agree with what you're saying i_bleed_purple, sadly though, I honestly think Childress is dumb enough to overload Harvin.
    He did it to his quarterback, and if Harvin doesn't perform well, it won't look good for Chilly.

I hope they kick indys ass. We pushed back date night, so i can watch the game. Saturday it's dinner and we're going to see 'the goods'.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    I hope they kick indys jiggly butt. We pushed back date night, so i can watch the game. Saturday it's dinner and we're going to see 'the goods'.
    My anniversary is Friday.
    I suggested to my unsuspecting wife that we do an early dinner and come home to snuggle up on the couch.
    I think I'm in trouble when she finds out my intentions.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

No one is expecting 12 catches. However, 10 touches a game isn't out of the question ( assuming the offense
    is moving) 3 rushes,
    7 targets, isn't out of the question. Is he going to dominate the play calling? Hell no, we will still see 30 rushing attempts per game and about 25 passing attempts ( again assuming the offense is moving) What I am saying to you is that with all the training we put into working on the more exotic passing aspects of our offense, we will not abandon it mid season.

Have you been reading the training camp stuff. You think trying him at SE, RB, Slot, and FL isn't overloading him? Like I said, there is going to be a need for a replacement WR should Harvin go down, especially if it's working. Reynaud fits that need.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"SKOL" wrote:
    I hope they kick indys jiggly butt. We pushed back date night, so i can watch the game. Saturday it's dinner and we're going to see 'the goods'.
    I suggested to my unsuspecting wife that we do an early dinner and come home to snuggle up on the couch.
    You MUST have a sofa bed or something
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Brad Childress has spent the entire offseason telling anyone who’ll listen that he’s bursting with joy about the different ways he can use Percy Harvin. For example, he can run him up the middle, or pass to him on a five yard out on 3rd-and-6.
    damn ! that's pages 2 & 3 of the KAO revealed to the world
    ;D
    Typical Chiller play call. If you need 6 yards for a 1st, pass for less & hope the receiver gets the YAC for the first.

How many times have we seen this happen, only to watch our receivers get hit as they catch the ball & come up short of the first by a yard or two?

Those types of bone-head play calls is one of the reasons we don't convert as many 3rd down plays as we should.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SKOL" wrote:
    Happy Anniversary to you & the wife Skol. How many years have you been married?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast