Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings vs. Colts Preview: Five Things To Watch

[size=13pt]Five Things To Watch: Minnesota Vikings Preseason Game No. 1[/size]

by Matthew Hocking (Contributor)
    Written on August 12, 2009

There are two modes of thought about preseason. Either it’s a glorified college All-Star game for guys who will be lucky to make a UFL roster in a few weeks, and an injury magnate for top stars, or, as Hall of Famer John Madden said, "Football!"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Five Things To Watch: Vikings Preseason Game No. 1

Not the worst article i've ever read, though I am looking forward to seeing glimpses of Asher Allen and Percy Harvin

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.....

We’ll also see John David Booty, which is fun. We can pretend he’s Brett Favre and laugh every time he throws an interception
    This guy cracks me up....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Interesting he didn't say anything about the WR battle... do we think that will be decided by what's been seen in camp or on the field in the pre-season games?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:

We’ll also see John David Booty, which is fun. We can pretend he’s Brett Favre and laugh every time he throws an interception
    Yeah that was pretty damn funny! ;D

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

There are many things to watch for, I want to see both Sage and Tarvaris move that offense. I want to see what reciever is going to step up and grab that 5th spot. Will Ian, beat out Albert. How well does Sullivan hold the point of attack. Can Loadholt contain his guy? Got to see Percy get in the open field.
    On defense I want to see Brinkley mash somebody. I want to see how the competition for that nickel spot heats up. I want better returns, and improved containment on ST. I want to see good tackling. Limited pre-snap penalties, and a lack of confusion.

I like the idea of showing the "Wildcat" and any other formations, to give D coordinators a full plate when preping for us. So lineup Sage at WR, put Percy and Adrian in the backfield at the same time.

It is fun watching guys fight for a spot on the team.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Interesting he didn't say anything about the WR battle... do we think that will be decided by what's been seen in camp or on the field in the pre-season games?
    I'd say based on the depth chart that was posted, the WR battle is mostly wrapped up.
    Jaymar looks to have the last spot, it goes Berrian/Rice starters, Harvin/Wade as #3/4 and Jaymar coming in at 5.
    If there is a #6 spot, It will be a battle between Reynaud and whoever else is left.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    I'd say based on the depth chart that was posted, the WR battle is mostly wrapped up.
    Jaymar looks to have the last spot, it goes Berrian/Rice starters, Harvin/Wade as #3/4 and Jaymar coming in at 5.
    If there is a #6 spot, It will be a battle between Reynaud and whoever else is left.
    I understand what you're saying... the issue I had with the depth chart is it showed Wade above Harvin and I just can't imagine Wade is our true #3... if Harvin is our #3 then is Wade or JJ our #4?
    If Wade isn't our number 4, then I'm not sure he's a look at number 5 over everyone else.
    Basically, if Wade slips out of that back-up role to Rice, he could slip right off the Roster and it would surprise me if he is the #3 on opening day.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    I understand what you're saying... the issue I had with the depth chart is it showed Wade above Harvin and I just can't imagine Wade is our true #3... if Harvin is our #3 then is Wade or JJ our #4?
    If Wade isn't our number 4, then I'm not sure he's a look at number 5 over everyone else.
    Basically, if Wade slips out of that back-up role to Rice, he could slip right off the Roster and it would surprise me if he is the #3 on opening day.
    As of now, Wade probably is our #3.
    Harvin will without a doubt make the team, but think of what happened with Troy Williamson.
    He was brought in to be a starter, but he didn't start the season as the #1.
    They started him at #3/4, despite him having a good camp.
    and he had to work his way up.
    I would expect the same with Harvin.
    IMO, Wade will get more balls than harvin Initially, until Harvin proves that he deserves the #3 spot.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brad Childress has spent the entire offseason telling anyone who’ll listen that he’s bursting with joy about the different ways he can use Percy Harvin. For example, he can run him up the middle, or pass to him on a five yard out on 3rd-and-6.
    damn ! that's pages 2 & 3 of the KAO revealed to the world
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast