Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings vs. Chargers: Adrian Peterson & post game articles

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Many of these articles speak about how good the defense played and how well they changed up their schemes. Well, I may be wrong, but I think the offense changed their blocking schemes several times during the game, too. I swear I saw some man-to-man blocking schemes in there on some of Peterson's runs. I didn't record the game and it's hard to tell from the broadcast, but I'm willing to bet that it happened. I'd love to ask that question of Childress in the press conference.
    What they changed their schemes to better their players abilities?

Geez, when I suggested they do that, I was told it wasn't the schemes, just the execution.
    :P

Yes, there was more man-to-man coverage in there. Both on the line & in the backfield. Did anyone besides me notice how many more passes where batted away yesterday over past games?

It was a thing of beauty I tell you.

You got to give credit for some of those incompletions to Rivers though. On several occasions he had wide open receivers & failed to connect with them.

As much as T-Jack gets harped on here for bad passes, I certainly didn't see any better performance out of Rivers.
    Trust me my friend.
    Other than a new wrinkle with Gordon on Gates, there wasn't alot of scheme changes. What was different was the fact that the DL played thier ass off, got some pressure, caused Rivers to make some dumb mistakes.

Throw in the fact that Tank has amazing recovery skills (he got back in time after he got beat) and the Secondary had a great day.

Again, not much of a scheme change my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    There was an article published in one of the news outlets where one of the Vikings players said that some players didn't like the ZB. They were more used to MtM. There were several people here that said then that Childress was too bull-headed to allow the players to play to their strengths. That's why I specifically watched the blocking carefully yesterday. It is hard to tell a difference unless you really study it. But like I said, I saw several times, even on Peterson's runs where I swear we did MtM blocking.
    That's the only reason I bring this up.
    If we are (have) been doing this mix, then why is everyone mad at Childress?
    Didn't AP elude to that in his post game conference? It seems to me he stated that all week they focused on man to man or something to that effect.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    There was an article published in one of the news outlets where one of the Vikings players said that some players didn't like the ZB. They were more used to MtM. There were several people here that said then that Childress was too bull-headed to allow the players to play to their strengths. That's why I specifically watched the blocking carefully yesterday. It is hard to tell a difference unless you really study it. But like I said, I saw several times, even on Peterson's runs where I swear we did MtM blocking.
    Didn't AP elude to that in his post game conference? It seems to me he stated that all week they focused on man to man or something to that effect.
    I didn't see that but if it's true it sure confirms my suspicions of what I saw and sure blows a lot of "rubes" out of the water. Childress apparently isn't so set in his ways afterall. Ya know, some on this site just "parrot" what others say without having a clue of what they are talking about.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I missed that.
    Is there a link to the conf on KFAN or something.

As for changes, I watch the Line play pretty close and I saw nothing different other than Birk making the correct reads and the guys sealing/pulling/locking up when they needed to.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I missed that.

As for changes, I watch the Line play pretty close and I saw nothing different other than Birk making the correct reads and the guys sealing/pulling/locking up when they needed to.
    ZB and man become the same thing to some degree against a 3-4 defense. Gap control, smaller zones. Sometimes hard to distinguish the 2.

Edit. Addition from the Childress press conference.

Q: Yesterday you mentioned that about Peterson taking a three or four-yard run when it is there. Could you elaborate on that a little bit?

A: Yeah, it’s hard to do without a…when we talk about course integrity for a running back, the linemen have an angle that they are traveling on to block their defenders and they trust the fact that the back will be on the landmark to bring the defenders to the blocks of the linemen. If a guy gets in his head, jeez, I had a big hit the last time they handed me the football back here and I am running this way; he takes the handoff and heads back that direction, then the lineman trusts the fact that he is going to push it this direction. Not a good thing for the linemen because it makes it look like the linemen aren’t blocking anybody. So they trust the fact that, as they say, put the ball on their feet and cut off of their feet. That’s where I have seen a marked improvement. Everybody coaches the zone a little bit differently. Some people want it square at the top; some people want certain steps at the top, but just the little idiosyncrasies of looking at our linemen and setting up blocks or looking at an outside linebacker in the eye who is peeking at you and showing him that you might go inside and having him put his head inside so you can circle the defense.
    I found this quite interesting.

What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

[size=10pt]Fans Bask In Glow Of Running Back Adrian Peterson[/size]

http://wcco.com/sports/adrian.peterson.minnesota.2.489792.html

Vikings fans are still basking in the glow of a record breaking day at the Metrodome on Sunday. Running back Adrian Peterson led the team to victory with a vengeance.

The rookie sensation rushed for 296 yards to break the NFL single game record. Fans are now convinced Adrian Peterson rules Viking's Territory.

"How about the performance by number 28 of the Minnesota Vikings?" said CBS Sportscaster Bryant Gumble at the conclusion of Sunday's Viking's game.

"It was unbelievable watching Adrian run. He's an amazing runner, he's the fastest guy I've ever seen," said Connecticut Viking Fan Jim Tracy.

"This guy is fearless, he's super human," said Bob Walters from Minnetonka.

"I've been a network broadcaster for 24 years and every now and then you see a performance where you say to yourself, I'm glad to be here," said CBS Sportscaster Dan Dierdorf.

"I think Adrian Peterson is the best running back in football right now," said 8-year-old Jackson Marsh.

"Very fast, nobody can catch him. Once he gets in the open field he's gone," said Tracy.

"Everyone's a Vikings fan this morning," said Walter.

Including a Cleveland Browns fan from Pennsylvania who was at Sunday's game.

"When they said it was a new yardage record I was just astounded. I told my wife we just saw history made," said Brown's fan Bill McLuckie.
    -Sno

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I missed that.

I posted the interview here yesterday;

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39389.50

Running down a record

It has since been relocated, so go here http://www.nfl.com/videos & click teams>Vikings>NFL GameDay: Adrian Peterson analysis

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]Patrick Reusse: Passing game gets revived as foes watch for AD[/size]

Sure, it’s fun to watch Vikings running back Adrian Peterson run, but the mere threat of him touching the ball perfectly set up Brooks Bollinger’s 40-yard TD pass to Sidney Rice in the third quarter.

By Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune

Last update: November 05, 2007 – 11:59 PM

[size=13pt]After the Dust Settles[/size]

11/5/2007
    By Josh Fiedler
    vikings.com

Wow.
    So many things that resulted out of the Vikings/Chargers game on Sunday were almost hard to believe.
    How the game played out—particularly in the second half—was virtually unpredictable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123