Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings vs. Chargers: Adrian Peterson & post game articles

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' grades vs. San Diego Chargers[/size]

Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/04/2007 10:33:25 PM CST

The maligned Vikings offense had a surprisingly thorough game. Although everyone will be talking about Adrian Peterson's record performance - and rightfully so - Chester Taylor gained 60 yards on nine carries, including his first touchdown of the season, and Brooks Bollinger completed seven of 10 passes for 95 yards, most notably a perfect 40-yard strike to rookie receiver Sidney Rice. Two lost fumbles are the only downer.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]Game replay: Minnesota Vikings vs. San Diego Chargers[/size]

Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/04/2007 10:56:31 PM CST

Adrian Peterson stole the show from San Diego all-pro LaDainian Tomlinson, who couldn't find holes against the Vikings' defense. Peterson ran up and down the field on the Chargers' defense, racking up 296 yards and three touchdowns. He single-handedly pumped life into the Vikings' lethargic offense. In the process, Peterson broke the NFL's single-game rushing record and became the first NFL rookie with two 200-yard rushing games.

[size=13pt]Peterson Dominates in Vikings Win[/size]

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

In a game that included the league’s reigning MVP and a hot team that had won three straight, it was the NFL’s leading Rookie of the Year candidate that stole the show in record-breaking fashion and wowed those in attendance, leading the Vikings to a 35-17 victory in front of a sold-out Metrodome crowd..........

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Oh what a great game, an outstanding effort by the whole team, and a superstar running wild just "Out Playin' Ball". This team is finding itself and will be a force down the stretch. We didn't fold after Tarvaris went down, and they got that Touchdown return off that missed fieldgoal. Instead we dominated the second half on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

What can you say about our young players, Rice, McCauley, and AD, wow we are going to only get better, watching the game on CBS was a breath of fresh air, listening to Dierdorf gushing over our blocking and Adrian Peterson.

It appears we are finally getting a groove and the coaches utilize the players better, CT understands his role now, the o-line is really mauling people, the defense got some swagger and we still have a half a season to go, and now some momentum. Sweet, thanks for all the news singer.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Many of these articles speak about how good the defense played and how well they changed up their schemes. Well, I may be wrong, but I think the offense changed their blocking schemes several times during the game, too. I swear I saw some man-to-man blocking schemes in there on some of Peterson's runs. I didn't record the game and it's hard to tell from the broadcast, but I'm willing to bet that it happened. I'd love to ask that question of Childress in the press conference.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Many of these articles speak about how good the defense played and how well they changed up their schemes. Well, I may be wrong, but I think the offense changed their blocking schemes several times during the game, too. I swear I saw some man-to-man blocking schemes in there on some of Peterson's runs. I didn't record the game and it's hard to tell from the broadcast, but I'm willing to bet that it happened. I'd love to ask that question of Childress in the press conference.
    We run a mix of ZB and man to man.

Unless you really watch close, it is hard to tell which is which.
    If a guy gets to his zone and some one is there, he engages and stays engaged to the end of the play in the zone scheme it can be confused with man to man.
    In man to man, especially against a 3-4, a guy can sit there and not have anyone to engage, which also could look like he is covering a Zone.

What I have seen is that when we run, we are mostly Zone and when we pass, we try to man up if possible and throw in a TE or FB/RB if the Center ID's the MLB or a S guy as a blitzer.

Wish Del was still around.
    He did
    a good job of breaking it down for me one time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    What they changed their schemes to better their players abilities?

Geez, when I suggested they do that, I was told it wasn't the schemes, just the execution.
    :P

Yes, there was more man-to-man coverage in there. Both on the line & in the backfield. Did anyone besides me notice how many more passes where batted away yesterday over past games?

It was a thing of beauty I tell you.

You got to give credit for some of those incompletions to Rivers though. On several occasions he had wide open receivers & failed to connect with them.

As much as T-Jack gets harped on here for bad passes, I certainly didn't see any better performance out of Rivers.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

There was an article published in one of the news outlets where one of the Vikings players said that some players didn't like the ZB. They were more used to MtM. There were several people here that said then that Childress was too bull-headed to allow the players to play to their strengths. That's why I specifically watched the blocking carefully yesterday. It is hard to tell a difference unless you really study it. But like I said, I saw several times, even on Peterson's runs where I swear we did MtM blocking.
    That's the only reason I bring this up.
    If we are (have) been doing this mix, then why is everyone mad at Childress?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast