Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Want to win against the Vikings this year? Just blitz our suck ass QB and over load the the suck ass OLine.

In order for that to happen, the NFL would have to become a copycat league.

What are the odds of that happening?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I think people are taking for granted just how amazing AD's year was last year. He is not going to do it every year.
    In my opinion, the Vikings should have given Peterson more rushes against the Texans to set up a record breaking final game. The Vikings cannot afford to try and get him the record again.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I would like to see MBT play with the starters. That fade to the end zone from what 30 yards? That is something Ponder can only dream of doing.

I was on the MBT bandwagon last year during the preseason, I am on the MBT train this preseason and for the next 10 years!

Ponder has looked like shit and Cassel has also looked like shit. In my mind MBT has out played both of them fools this preseason.
    Performing with 3rd stringers against 3rd stringers isn't saying much. While I agree that Ponder and Cassel played like shit against Buffalo, I would be about as excited to see him start as I was to see Webb start. Don't start banking on perceived potential. I don't know if he is even a lock to make the team if Webb somehow ends up on the roster.
    Performing is performing. It doesn't matter who it is against.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Just for the sake of conversation how impressive do you think Ponder would look playing with the third string against the third string?
    Not impressive at all.

If he hesitates to throw to his1st string receivers because he doesn't have a lot of confidence in them or himself, then he certainly wouldn't have much, if any, confidence in 3rd stringers.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    BTW Vick name starter and now that his line appears healthy...he looks to be in mid season form. Still think Ponder is better than him? Imagine if Vick gained the boost in play that Peterson allows Ponder.
    Yeah people downplay how Peterson carries this team. A average QB should be tearing shit up. Ponder is below average.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Performing is performing. It doesn't matter who it is against.
    Except that is does matter. You can't possibly think that performance against third stringers implies performance against first stringers. While poor performance against third stringers is probably a good indicator of poor performance against better opponents, good performance is not.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Except that is does matter. You can't possibly think that performance against third stringers implies performance against first stringers. While poor performance against third stringers is probably a good indicator of poor performance against better opponents, good performance is not.

So then, unless the Texans pulled out their 1st string defense after just two plays, then our 2nd string QB (Cassel) & our 2nd string WR (Patterson) were facing a 1st string defense.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    So then, unless the Texans pulled out their 1st string defense after just two plays, then our 2nd string QB (Cassel) & our 2nd string WR (Patterson) were facing a 1st string defense.
    I am confused - when did we start talking about Cassel and Patterson? We were talking about MBT and his performance against third strings in the first two games.

But if you really want to get into it, the Texans left the same defensive team in for the first series that Cassel faced, and then began subbing everyone out. But they, just like us, sat some of their starters for the entire game, so take it for what it is worth.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Where Cassel proceeded to immediately throw an awful interception, until the third stringers were brought in, when he completed an amazing dump off to the practice squad fullback who broke 5 tackles and scored a touchdown. How impressive.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Such a shame. Some really good comments in here, problem is, this is all on the coaching staff, who, by the way, elected not to game plan for the Bills as if getting your coaching staff into "Game Planning" mode is only important for game 3.

We had an issue picking up blitz's (actually recognizing them) last year and it appears we have the same issue this year. Why not try to work on that on the one defense you know is going to show a bunch of them in preseason.

Craziness by my friends. Craziness.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast