Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
  1. #31
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,462
    Want to win against the Vikings this year? Just blitz our suck ass QB and over load the the suck ass OLine.

    WWBGD

  2. #32
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    OK people... time to snap out of it here.

    The Buffalo game sucked. No question. But move on. It was a preseason game, and we are starting to read into it way to much.

    How many 3 TE packages did we see against Buffalo? How many 22 personal groups did we see? I'll give you a hint - none. In case anyone is curious, those two made up a LOT of our looks during the 4 game winning streak we had to end the year last season. Want to know why? Because we had both Felton and AD in the lineup. A 22 look with AD and Felton, or AD with Carlson and Rudolph lined up tight will dictate different defensive calls.

    We have come out passing in both preseason games. Why? Because that is where we need the most work. What we are seeing now is not necessarily indicative of how the regular season is going to look.

    Yes, our QBs have sucked. And while I don't think they will be anything above marginal during the regular season, I do believe that they will be at least that, and our offense isn't going to be as bad as it has been. Just like I wouldn't be getting all excited for the season if we were doing well in preseason... because it is PRESEASON.

    I am, however, hoping for a better performance against San Fran.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #33
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Yes, our QBs have sucked. And while I don't think they will be anything above marginal during the regular season, I do believe that they will be at least that, and our offense isn't going to be as bad as it has been. Just like I wouldn't be getting all excited for the season if we were doing well in preseason... because it is PRESEASON.

    I am, however, hoping for a better performance against San Fran.
    I'm pretty sure you were getting excited for the season when you saw how well Patterson was doing in preseason.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #34
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    OK people... time to snap out of it here.

    The Buffalo game sucked. No question. But move on. It was a preseason game, and we are starting to read into it way to much.

    How many 3 TE packages did we see against Buffalo? How many 22 personal groups did we see? I'll give you a hint - none. In case anyone is curious, those two made up a LOT of our looks during the 4 game winning streak we had to end the year last season. Want to know why? Because we had both Felton and AD in the lineup. A 22 look with AD and Felton, or AD with Carlson and Rudolph lined up tight will dictate different defensive calls.

    We have come out passing in both preseason games. Why? Because that is where we need the most work. What we are seeing now is not necessarily indicative of how the regular season is going to look.

    Yes, our QBs have sucked. And while I don't think they will be anything above marginal during the regular season, I do believe that they will be at least that, and our offense isn't going to be as bad as it has been. Just like I wouldn't be getting all excited for the season if we were doing well in preseason... because it is PRESEASON.

    I am, however, hoping for a better performance against San Fran.
    This is what I believe is the problem with the team we have built. The Skins are without RG3 their cog and their offense is still flowing. Why? because they have built a team that can do multiple things should one piece go down. What we saw last night is what would happen should Peterson get hurt. Basically what I am seeing is this team wins 0 games without him. 0 games.s Our QB situation is pretty bad. I think Kirk Cousin might be better. I hate the Skins btw.

  5. #35
    Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    This is what I believe is the problem with the team we have built. The Skins are without RG3 their cog and their offense is still flowing. Why? because they have built a team that can do multiple things should one piece go down. What we saw last night is what would happen should Peterson get hurt. Basically what I am seeing is this team wins 0 games without him. 0 games.s Our QB situation is pretty bad. I think Kirk Cousin might be better. I hate the Skins btw.
    You people are acting like we got blown the fuck out. Pretty sure we only lost by like 4. With AD in the game it's a completely different game. AND IT'S PRESEASON. You really think we're gonna show all of our cards right now? The Bills NEED to have momentum going into the season because they've been shit for so long. We will be JUST FINE.

  6. #36
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    You people are acting like we got blown the fuck out. Pretty sure we only lost by like 4. With AD in the game it's a completely different game. AND IT'S PRESEASON. You really think we're gonna show all of our cards right now? The Bills NEED to have momentum going into the season because they've been shit for so long. We will be JUST FINE.
    1. Who cares if our 3rd and 4th stringers came back?
    2. That's the point... this team can only look decent with 1 player. Without him we are possibly the worst team in the league.
    3. I believe we were loosing 13-3 when the starters changed.

  7. #37
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm pretty sure you were getting excited for the season when you saw how well Patterson was doing in preseason.
    I think I made three comments about him. Nothing overboard, and I am not even among those who is upset that Patterson isn't a "starter". So nope, sorry.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #38
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    1. Who cares if our 3rd and 4th stringers came back?
    2. That's the point... this team can only look decent with 1 player. Without him we are possibly the worst team in the league.
    3. I believe we were loosing 13-3 when the starters changed.
    Actually I mentioned the absence of Toby as well, which I think played a lot into the blitz pickups, or lack there of.

    Regardless, I will iterate again that it is preseason. We are not calling the plays that we normally would - with or without AD - because we are working on certain aspects of the game that, well, need work. While I wish we were looking better in the preseason, I also know that preseason performance and regular season performance does not correlate very well.

    The year that the Lions went 0-16, they were 4-0 in preseason.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #39
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Actually I mentioned the absence of Toby as well, which I think played a lot into the blitz pickups, or lack there of.

    Regardless, I will iterate again that it is preseason. We are not calling the plays that we normally would - with or without AD - because we are working on certain aspects of the game that, well, need work. While I wish we were looking better in the preseason, I also know that preseason performance and regular season performance does not correlate very well.

    The year that the Lions went 0-16, they were 4-0 in preseason.
    No one is saying that at all. As I have pointed out.. a team can get destroyed by your 1st teamers and have their 3rd stringers pull out a win. I don't care about score. What I am concerned about is the eyeball test. We had a passing attack that was anemic last year and it is not looking much better this year.
    1. This is what our QB looks like when his numbers are not buffed by bubble screens.
    2. We ran a lot of shotgun and that is suppose to be one of the easier formations for Qbs to read defenses and get the ball out.
    3. If you are saying that the only time our QB can look like starter in this league is if he is paired to AD, then I say get rid of him. What happens when we are down and need a couple scores and running AD is not an option? This leads me to my point. Don't worry how he looks with AD because AD will improve any QB. Which is why if AD makes him look like a Starter... He will make a Starter look like a Pro Bowler, A pro bowler into an All Pro and an All Pro into a Hall of Famer. We need to invest in a QB that can stand without AD and then will play lights out with him.
    4. The plays we didn't call were a lot of the BS screens that teams started to collapse on last year and Ponder hit his 8 game slide. AD then went on to be unstoppable and that then opened the screen game back up.
    5. I think people are taking for granted just how amazing AD's year was last year. He is not going to do it every year. So the passing game needs to take strides. Again, I saw nothing that showed me that our starter is in the top 40 of QBs in this league. I currently think he is behind every starter in the league and a couple backups as well (Foles, Cousins etc) Only Buffalo might be worst off and they just outplayed him.

  10. #40
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,917
    BTW Vick name starter and now that his line appears healthy...he looks to be in mid season form. Still think Ponder is better than him? Imagine if Vick gained the boost in play that Peterson allows Ponder.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •