Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    rednorsk is offline Rookie
    Again, the uniforms were not something I paid any attention to.
    None

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The Bills overloaded blitzed the bunch formation every time, and every time they put Ponder on his backside. Expect every team the Vikings play to blitz that formation, and expect Musgrave to keep using it until it works once in his NAIKAO (New And Improved Kick Ass Offense).

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The Bills overloaded blitzed the bunch formation every time, and every time they put Ponder on his backside. Expect every team the Vikings play to blitz that formation, and expect Musgrave to keep using it until it works once in his NAIKAO (New And Improved Kick Ass Offense).

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Cassel and MBT.
    I would like to see MBT play with the starters. That fade to the end zone from what 30 yards? That is something Ponder can only dream of doing.

I was on the MBT bandwagon last year during the preseason, I am on the MBT train this preseason and for the next 10 years!

Ponder has looked like shit and Cassel has also looked like shit. In my mind MBT has out played both of them fools this preseason.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I forgot to mention that I enjoy MBT throwing the ball past the first down markers when it is third down. Perhaps the starter and backup should pay attention to what the 3rd stringer is doing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I would like to see MBT play with the starters. That fade to the end zone from what 30 yards? That is something Ponder can only dream of doing.

I was on the MBT bandwagon last year during the preseason, I am on the MBT train this preseason and for the next 10 years!

Ponder has looked like shit and Cassel has also looked like shit. In my mind MBT has out played both of them fools this preseason.
    Performing with 3rd stringers against 3rd stringers isn't saying much. While I agree that Ponder and Cassel played like shit against Buffalo, I would be about as excited to see him start as I was to see Webb start. Don't start banking on perceived potential. I don't know if he is even a lock to make the team if Webb somehow ends up on the roster.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post

Performing with 3rd stringers against 3rd stringers isn't saying much. While I agree that Ponder and Cassel played like shit against Buffalo, I would be about as excited to see him start as I was to see Webb start. Don't start banking on perceived potential. I don't know if he is even a lock to make the team if Webb somehow ends up on the roster.
    Just for the sake of conversation how impressive do you think Ponder would look playing with the third string against the third string?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Just for the sake of conversation how impressive do you think Ponder would look playing with the third string against the third string?
    Honestly, hard to say. Sometimes it is hard to tell what is the result of the opposing players' suckitude versus a QB's ability. But if I had to take a guess, I don't think Ponder would have looked as good. Then again, I am not high on Ponder...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Not impressive at all.

If he hesitates to throw to his1st string receivers because he doesn't have a lot of confidence in them or himself, then he certainly wouldn't have much, if any, confidence in 3rd stringers.
    Last edited by singersp; 08-21-2013 at 07:34 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

This next game is going to say a lot about how Ponder is going to play this year. If we get more of the same indecisiveness and timid play we are looking at a brutally long season.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast