Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    iowa is offline Rookie
    it was one of those games, we've seen it before, they played like they were drunk, just got out of bed or had their gatorade replaced with purple drank.
    the o-line couldn't block, the d-line could pressure, the coaches couldn't adjust. there were a couple of bright spots, the punter, bobby felder, banyard and m.b.t to certain degree. not having the best player in the league in your line up causes a ripple effect on the entire offense so i'm hoping things get better when he's in the game.
    None

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Kevon saw this coming.
    Kevon tried to warn you.+-9*
    Kevon was declared a heretic for saying that our QB stinks and the FO is not doing enough to push him.
    Why must we always baby our Qbs. We bring in mediocre talent to make them feel safe. Mean while, the eagles have 3 Qbs gunning for the same position.
    Mean while Seattle had a 3 QB competition last season. Meanwhile the Giants drafted one of the best QBs in the draft even though the have Eli Manning. Blame the FO. We have 1 QB and that's Cassell. He is the only QB I have seen put up decent numbers without Peterson.
    Yeah the fact competition isn't allowed is weird.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well that was the shittiest game I have seen in a while.

1) The absence of Felton was very noticeable against the blitz. We didn't have a single back who could pick up the blitz and give the QB a little bit of time.

2) The OL was just plain bad, blitz or no. Sullivan f'ed up a snap, Kalil fanned on the first snap giving the rusher a direct line to Ponder for a sack, they couldn't control the gaps, etc. Both QBs were running for their lives the whole game. Just horrible. Easily the worst unit of the game, which is saying a lot considering my next point...

3) QBs were awful. Between Ponder and Cassel, it is hard to say which one was better. I think maybe Ponder sucked just a little less, but not much less. But at this point it is like picking out the shiniest turd in the toilet bowl. They were still both turds.

The being said, it was still preseason. I saw the WRs running deeper routes that I think we will see during the regular season. Had the QBs had more time I think we would have seen more deep shots. We saw several when the 3rd team was in. I think that Musgrave is trying to install some deeper plays in an effort to take advantage of the defense when AD is playing.

And I think we will be a better offense with AD and Felton back in the line up. A sub 2 yard average rushing just isn't going to pull any extra guys down into the box.

I am looking forward to preseason game #3. Praying it looks better than this one did...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikings vs Buffalo

I know this is preseason, but when does "The Ponder Experiment" end? I'm tired of excuses: 1. He's young, 2. He needs weapons. 3. The O-Line let him down. 4. He had no running game. 5. Buffalo blitzed. Booooooo effffing Hooooooo. I just want him to make plays. Sorry for the rant...

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    There's not much to add to what has already been said. What an ugly game all around. Great oogly moogly we're going to get blitzed a crap load when the regular season rolls around.

With no AD out there it's hard to gauge if we're really as bad as we look. I'm still scratching my head over the lack of playing time/snaps for Ponder. Has he even completed a pass to Jennings yet? He's not in sync with any of our receivers and we keep treating him like a Tom Brady. I just don't get it. We basically have what, just 2 or 3 quarters left to see if the QB can finally get on the same page as the receivers?

But yeah, lets have Ponder sit the 4th game, because he looks ready to go.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings vs Buffalo

Let Cassel play with the starters. Make this a competition! He is already playing better with backups.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Let Cassel play with the starters. Make this a competition! He is already playing better with backups.
    Cassel and MBT.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    OK, so something positive about that game...

I thought the away uniforms looked badass with the white on white and purple and gold striping.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    OK, so something positive about that game...

I thought the away uniforms looked badass with the white on white and purple and gold striping.
    I liked 'em, but, I think they'd be even better if the purple was darker...

Also, I watched the game on nflnetwork.com (bought the PreSeason package)...did anyone else notice just how shitty the Bills announcers are?

They kept referring to Craig Johnson as Leslie Frazier when the camera showed Coach Johnson. Ray Bentley and Steve Tasker got virtually every call wrong too. Further, talk about homers; they are worse than Eagles announcers

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

This is starting to remind me of the KAO. When they were getting destroyed by these "exotic" blitzes, how about moving the pocket or some max protect calls? I'm not going to put this all on Ponder but in his defense he had next to no time to get the ball off. Favre looked horrible in '10 with no protection.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast