Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings vs Buffalo

It was interesting how many exotic blitzes Buffalo ran against us last night. I thought in the preseason most teams just run base Ds to evaluate players. I think it shows how desperate some of these teams are to get any kind of win. That being said it shows that we were not prepared to stop it.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings vs Buffalo

Missed the first 3 quarters of the game but what I saw was not what I would have liked to see at this point but there were a few nice plays.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    I think you also have to factor in the college coach hits the big league scenario and has to prove to team (that sucks), city (also has sucking issues) and league (beats on team and will never have a SB in that sucky city) that he should be there......or it could be he wants to be the next Schiano ahole

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Here's Frazier's Presser from Vikings.com http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...2-50137847fd0f

The Bills threw everything they could against the Vikes...Frazier gives some interesting perspective to that approach.

That said:
    OLine: awful. Botched snaps, a dozen hurries, a handful of sacks...bad
    DLine: just a little better than awful
    LBers: decent, for the most part. Greenway is really playing fast, gonna be another great year for him
    Ponder: awful
    Cassel: awful
    MBT: decent against third and 4th stringers with our 3rd and 4th stringers
    WR: looks like some decent depth. I would not be surprised at all if Simpson is cut loose. Didn't see much from the top 4 WRs, primarily due to shitty OLine and RB/TE blocking, and "deer in the headlights" QBs

Spiller looks like he's poised for a huge year.

EJ Manuel looks like the real deal.

Sanford's INT was the direct result of great coverage by Rhodes.

I like our Penn St 'backers...for the future.

Would not be surprised to see Felder earn a spot on the roster thanks to his punt returns and ST play...that, at the expense of Sherels.

The rookie WR, Rodney Smith, from Florida State is a sleeper...he is a Red Zone beast.

All in all...it's a PreSeason game that doesn't count, but, it does matter.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post

EJ Manuel looks like the real deal.
    And he was Ponder's backup at FSU? Probably should have been the other way around.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    OLine: awful.
    DLine: just a little better than awful
    Ponder: awful
    Cassel: awful
    Even Paul Allen's play by play was awful at times. He gave credit to Floyd for finishing off a tackle that Greenway started, when in fact it was Sanford.

Floyd got knocked off his feet and onto his ass on that play, when he was being blocked from the side.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Ugly game all over the place. Must be part of a master plan.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Sloppy play in Vikings' loss covers up signs of any progress
    Sloppy play in Vikings' loss covers up signs of any progress | Star Tribune

Vikings Continue Preseason Form, Falling at Buffalo
    Vikings Continue Preseason Form, Falling at Buffalo | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Kevon saw this coming.
    Kevon tried to warn you.+-9*
    Kevon was declared a heretic for saying that our QB stinks and the FO is not doing enough to push him.
    Why must we always baby our Qbs. We bring in mediocre talent to make them feel safe. Mean while, the eagles have 3 Qbs gunning for the same position.
    Mean while Seattle had a 3 QB competition last season. Meanwhile the Giants drafted one of the best QBs in the draft even though the have Eli Manning. Blame the FO. We have 1 QB and that's Cassell. He is the only QB I have seen put up decent numbers without Peterson.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    The Oline was terrible. Ponder made a couple nice passes under pressure, however, it seemed like he got rattled after taking a bunch of hits, which is something he struggled with last year. There were a couple plays where he should have stepped up but instead ran to the outside.

The starting defense played really well. Robinson made a nice play and so did Rhodes. Erin Henderson also played pretty well too. The defensive line wasn't good at all, which makes the performance of the linebackers and secondary more impressive.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast