Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings vs. Bengals

Okay. That was a tough sloppy loss, and all we can do is put it in the past and move on.

Bengals:

Strengths:
    High powered passing game, they have good wideouts in Chad Johnson, and TJ Houshmandzadeh(that was pretty difficult but I think I got it right.)

Carson Palmer had a pretty good game today, 26/34 280 yards 2 TDs 1 INT.

They're running game is nothing special. They have a weak O-line and I do not think we should have too much trouble stopping Rudi Johnson.

Weaknesses:

DEFENSE! The Bengals gave up 275 yards passing, 120 yards from one WR, and 80 yards rushing from a single RB. .... AGAINST THE BROWNS!!

Offensive line, we will blitz and use all of the D-line stunts in our defense next week, we will pressure Carson Palmer like crazy, he will be sacked 5 times.

Our offense is going to explode next week, they will get tons of criticism this week about how they can't play without moss. They'll play with a chip on their shoulder, I predict 35 points out of our offense next week. Then maybe some more on Defense (GO SHARPER!!)

Put this sloppy loss in the past. Just hope Tice works the team hard this week, and stress discipline.

SKOL VIKINGS!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings vs. Bengals

I posted this in another thread... but it fits better in this one.

wha'? us lose to the bung-holes?

nah, wont happen.

We lost to TB because their Dline got excellent penetrarion and put lots of pressure on pep early. they broke his confidence early on and he ddidnt really get it back untill that last drive where we had a chance to score.

THeir Offence is way better than TB's, but TB's O wasnt the problem. We were fully capable of stopping them. and we did. untill our D was forced to play way too much because we couldnt keep the ball in our possesion for more than a minute. Stopping cincinnati's Offence will be harder than TB's, but if the D plays like they did today, they will be able to do it.

If we are going to establish a running game at all this season, cincy is the team to do it against. there D-line is very weak, and one of the better players on their line is out for 4 games. their linebackers leave something to be desired as well. we should beable to run the ball, becasue their skill isnt at the edges like TB's is. If we can run the ball, eat time, and keep their O off the feild, we should win.

On paper, we should be able to beat the Bengals. But, it is a road game and after today's performance I don't know what to expect.

I'm flying up to Ohio Wednesday and am going to the game in Cinci Sunday. I really hope Culpepper and the team can pull it together and win next week. The last game I went to was the infamous Vike/Cardinal game a couple years ago. I really really want to see a win next week. Go Vikes!!!
    Even babies know the difference.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ya i'm not throwin any numbers out lol...Im just gonna say, lets go out there, give em hell and get ourselfs a W.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

We're going to do better next week. :grin:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I think that we SHOULD beat the Bengals but that does not mean that we will. All we need is Pep to play well and we have this game in the bag considering that our D matches well with their O but the same can't be said for the opposite.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I wouldn't just overlook Rudi Johnson, he is good. Good enough they would let Dillon go. But our run D looks really good, except for letting Carnell get loose at the end.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

For once in my life, I'm not worried about our defense. Thier a Top 10 caliber defense....My big question mark is, can loney get this offense rolling like last year...

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

tampa was a tough opening D cinci can potentially be a good D for dauntes coming out party and coincidentally the throw happy bengals O will provide a good coming out party for our D
    Someone send chad some pepto!

With the way we played this week we deserved to lose. Put let us put the past, and whoop some Bengal a** this coming week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast