Re: Vikings vs. Bears NFL Network Replay

It is on again at 2:00 am

And tomorrow @:
    11:00 am
    2:30 pm

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

After watching the replay, we played a pretty great game up until 2:56 minutes left in the 4th quarter, leading 31-17. First of all we could have shut the bears out and won 31-0. Here is why. Greenway should have made that tackle on Hester. Winfield should have not slipped. Greenway blew coverage on Olsen. I am not saying the Bears would't of scored but those points could have been prevented.

I know Greenway is tecnically a rookie but he looks bad. He is missing more plays than making them. He also slipped and could have had an INT. Again for the first third of the season he has missed tackles, blown coverage, and run over ny running backs. I hope he improves because I am not impressed.

EJ and Leber are very good football players.

Smith is also a good football player but he blew that coverage on Hester.

McCauley is young and will be a great but he needs to make that INT, it was right to him.

TJ would have hit TWill again for a TD if he did not get hit while throwing it. Great job by TJ for bouncing back and having a decent game.

WR you guys need to catch the football. They are not helping TJ out. I counted 5 drops. Ferguson is garbage. He should of caught the pass in the endzone. TJ threw the ball where only he could get it.

My hat goes off to the OL, AD, and Ryan Longwell.

OMG was Tony Richardson wide open, should of been a TD, TJ said he got excited and overthrew him. Please do not let that happen again.

DL did not get enough pressure.

Nooks is offline Starter

Its even sweeter to watch the second time around because I already know the outcome and I can actually watch what I couldnt the other day because I was too sick to my stomach and couldnt bear (no pun intended) to see!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I wish Comcast would pull the stick out of their ass so I could watch the NFLN.
    -Sno

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"marstc09" wrote:
    After watching the replay, we played a pretty great game up until 2:56 minutes left in the 4th quarter, leading 31-17. First of all we could have shut the bears out and won 31-0. Here is why. Greenway should have made that tackle on Hester. Winfield should have not slipped. Greenway blew coverage on Olsen. I am not saying the Bears would't of scored but those points could have been prevented.

I know Greenway is tecnically a rookie but he looks bad. He is missing more plays than making them. He also slipped and could have had an INT. Again for the first third of the season he has missed tackles, blown coverage, and run over ny running backs. I hope he improves because I am not impressed.

EJ and Leber are very good football players.

Smith is also a good football player but he blew that coverage on Hester.

McCauley is young and will be a great but he needs to make that INT, it was right to him.

TJ would have hit TWill again for a TD if he did not get hit while throwing it. Great job by TJ for bouncing back and having a decent game.

WR you guys need to catch the football. They are not helping TJ out. I counted 5 drops. Ferguson is garbage. He should of caught the pass in the endzone. TJ threw the ball where only he could get it.

My hat goes off to the OL, AD, and Ryan Longwell.

OMG was Tony Richardson wide open, should of been a TD, TJ said he got excited and overthrew him. Please do not let that happen again.

DL did not get enough pressure.

That will be the true test. Does he learn from the mistake, or keep making the same ones over, and over, and over again (a la Pep...)?
    -Sno

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    That will be the true test. Does he learn from the mistake, or keep making the same ones over, and over, and over again (a la Pep...)?
    This was my biggest concern.. but i've relooked at some of the small highlight reels, (and lowlight reels) that are floating around youtube and such. Remember how much Tjack overthrew Twill before? or
    when he was overly happy to run it for for 4-5 yards instead of hitting the dump pass for a 1st down.

those things you can see improvement on. yes he is still making mistakes but we HAVE seen improvement. remember he's still thinking in the game.
    it's not instinctive yet. Bchill and crew are shaping him into a thinking pre-snap, react after snap QB and that's what his abilities are gonna play into. he's got the arm to find the deep ball, he's got the ability to slide around in the pocket. he had 100% better pocket awareness the holcrumble, and you can see in the one spot where he saw the lane to run.. drew the D toward him and dumped it quick tot he right. that was a SMART play, and well done on him to draw those people to him.

His play action is sooo believable because of the success both CT and AP are having. there are many things he needs to learn yet. but i see that process happening even as we watch him this year!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"digital420" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    This was my biggest concern.. but i've relooked at some of the small highlight reels, (and lowlight reels) that are floating around youtube and such. Remember how much Tjack overthrew Twill before? or
    when he was overly happy to run it for for 4-5 yards instead of hitting the dump pass for a 1st down.

those things you can see improvement on. yes he is still making mistakes but we HAVE seen improvement. remember he's still thinking in the game.
    it's not instinctive yet. Bchill and crew are shaping him into a thinking pre-snap, react after snap QB and that's what his abilities are gonna play into. he's got the arm to find the deep ball, he's got the ability to slide around in the pocket. he had 100% better pocket awareness the holcrumble, and you can see in the one spot where he saw the lane to run.. drew the D toward him and dumped it quick tot he right. that was a SMART play, and well done on him to draw those people to him.

His play action is sooo believable because of the success both CT and AP are having. there are many things he needs to learn yet. but i see that process happening even as we watch him this year!!

DiGiTaL
    I was waiting for someone to say he was staring down his recievers again before I brought that one up.
    I took some pretty good notes on what he did with his head on during his passes.
    The only one I actually saw him look the WR down was on the deep pass to T-will.

As for the others, I still contend on those short slants you just don't have time to look anyone off.
    He needs to be looking/stepping and throwing and in a very short timeframe.
    Basically, its bogus to contend that he stares his recievers down all the time.

In this case when he had the opportunity to hold the Secondary/fake them with his head/eyes, he did a good job of not even looking at B-wade on that throw.
    He completely sold the D on the fact that he was gonna run.

Lets stick a fork in that myth forever.

;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Game is on at 2:30 (ten minutes) if anybody is at home.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I enjoyed the hell out of watching that again!!
    Will most likely be on the TIVO for some time...as a pick me up after tough losses
    I like the interviews, commentary and extras they throw in too!

TJack did look much improved!
    Nice fake on that out to Wade for sure!!
    With time and experience, the excitement will fade, his accuracy should improve, and eventually, he'll develop that timing/connection with all his new, young playmakers!
    I get the feeling that the players are a big reason why our offense has been so vanilla for so long...but, that they are starting to get it, and that we've barely scraped the surface of where Chilly is trying to go.

So glad Tony Richardson is back!
    HE was a beast in that game!!!
    Did you guys see him level Briggs?
    He was pounding guys all day long.
    I saw him get his block and then get out and get on another on a few occasions!!
    Fierce!!
    SKOL!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I already watched the Replay twice yesterday, and may watch it again today.
    Our passing game is not too far off, just need to hold onto the ball consistently and take some mustard off a couple throws.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast