Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Vikings vs. 49ers - pregame articles

Sorry the link did not come across.
    here it is.

http://sfo.scout.com/2/708799.html

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    It's pretty cool to see how the rungame opens up the playaction. I like those shots they have found to show that.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Thursday Notes: Vikings Deal With Suspension and Injury Bugs[/size]

Reported by: Phil Mackey
    Very nice read my friend.

Hey, anyone want Tomlin back?
    This is the second time I've asked this with no reply.

;D

The Vikings have consistently rotated defensive linemen in and out all season to keep guys fresh. This philosophy has given guys like Robison, Mitchell, and defensive tackle Fred Evans extra reps that they may not have had on other teams
    We have pretty good players on D, so they make coaches look good. Fraizer is doing a good job though, so I think we got a good replacement.

Tomlin were still good too though. Try taking a look at that Steelers D, they are pretty darn decent also
    Your right, however, alot of people on here worried about our rushing defense going to hell after Tomlin left and heck for that matter alot of people contended that we should have kept him and shitcanned the Chiller for that matter.

Silly Naysayers....... ;D

I was concerned about that too, and was proven wrong...what I am pleasantly surprised about is the effectiveness of the D line and LB's keeping the pressure on the QBs recently. That makes our secondary look that much better.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Thursday Notes: Vikings Deal With Suspension and Injury Bugs[/size]

Very nice read my friend.

Hey, anyone want Tomlin back?
    This is the second time I've asked this with no reply.
    ;D

The Vikings have consistently rotated defensive linemen in and out all season to keep guys fresh. This philosophy has given guys like Robison, Mitchell, and defensive tackle Fred Evans extra reps that they may not have had on other teams
    We have pretty good players on D, so they make coaches look good. Fraizer is doing a good job though, so I think we got a good replacement.

Tomlin were still good too though. Try taking a look at that Steelers D, they are pretty darn decent also
    Your right, however, alot of people on here worried about our rushing defense going to hell after Tomlin left and heck for that matter alot of people contended that we should have kept him and shitcanned the Chiller for that matter.

Silly Naysayers....... ;D

I was concerned about that too, and was proven wrong...what I am pleasantly surprised about is the effectiveness of the D line and LB's keeping the pressure on the QBs recently. That makes our secondary look that much better.
    I'll hold my hands up and say that I was concerned about how our pass defence was going to hold up especially after the early part of the season when it was getting picked apart.

Based on what was occurring at the time then I would still say that the decision to keep Tomlin and can Childress would have been the right one - hell I was saying that as I walked away from the Dome after seeing the Vikes lose to the Iggles.
    Frazier has carried on improving the D and is beginning to reap the rewards of this. I would still like to see a better pash rush than we have had but in recent weeks the pass D has been playing well.
    To answer Marrdro's question, no I wouldn't have Tomlin back. Frazier has proved to be a more than adequate replacement and if Chilly did get the boot then I feel they may better candidates for the HC job with more years under their belt.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Not to mention the possibility that, had Tomlin been promoted and Chiller released, that we might have seen A.P. go elsewhere.

I don't know about the rest of you, but IMO, acquiring Purple Jesus was worth keeping Childress just by itself.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"renovikesfan" wrote:

Not to mention the possibility that, had Tomlin been promoted and Chiller released, that we might have seen A.P. go elsewhere.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but IMO, acquiring Purple Jesus was worth keeping Childress just by itself.
    I'm not so sure.

Again, I believe that we have a very good organization picking talent and not just the HC.
    Sure the Chiller had a say as part of the Triad but I gotta give props to the whole staff on AD (especially the medical dept) on getting him.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple D is offline Starter

"renovikesfan" wrote:

I don't think anyone in their right mind would of left Adrian Peterson on the board when he made it to us.
    I think Even if Childress wasn't here we would still have drafted the Purple Jesus if he was there.
    I think with hind sight he would have been gone with the 1st or second pick in the draft.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Minnesota Vikings' offensive line finally jelling

Peterson is at 1,197 yards and remains the leading vote getter for the Pro Bowl. On Wednesday - as he has throughout the season - Peterson praised the blocking of his linemen.

"They definitely have molded during the season, each week just really improving and capitalizing on different mistakes from previous games and trying to put those behind us," Peterson said. "I would say everybody is clicking a lot better."

Peterson has said several times he planned to reward his linemen with a special gift.

"Let's just hope he's a man of his word," Birk quipped. "I get tired of making him look so good."
    LMAO!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I thought this quote were pretty funny:

McKinnie said Herrera adds something else to the line mix: energy.

"He talks a lot of trash out there," McKinnie said. "I know I'm not a person who talks (trash), but I kind of feed off that, and it gets me into the game. It actually gets me excited. I like that part of him."
    McKinnie likes someone else to do the thrash talk to elevate his game.

[size=13pt]Week 14 Preview: Golden Opportunity[/size]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast