Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Vikings vs 49ers Comparison

Vikings: 27
    49ers: 1
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple D is offline Starter

The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES.

I would have to say The Vikes 44 the 9ers 3.

Does anybody remember the old SNL Bears Skits?

That was some funny stuff.

Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

"Purple" wrote:
    The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES The VIKES.

Who wins in a fight: Ditka.... or God?

Trick question my friend... Ditka is God.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Everythings shows a Vikings win, but it's the nfl anything could happen
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"C" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:

Okay Ditka vs. The Giants

Is it a mini Ditka or regular size Ditka?

Mini Ditka.

Then I say Ditka 49
    the Giants negative 2

Negative 2?

Hey with Ditka anything is possible
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

"Purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:

Okay Ditka vs. The Giants

Is it a mini Ditka or regular size Ditka?

Mini Ditka.

Then I say Ditka 49
    the Giants negative 2

Negative 2?

Hey with Ditka anything is possible
    Ditka or a Hurricane named Ditka...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    This team beat the Arizona Cardinals twice. Currently the Cardinals are seeded higher than the Vikings in the playoff hunt.
    In fact, if we win this game, it gives us the tiebreaker edge over the Cardinals because everything else is equal and the Cards lost twice to the 49ers. If we beat the 49ers, we will be seeded higher than the Cards.

It is just that simple.

This is not a sideshow game. This is the playoffs. The whole year. The entire season is riding on this game for the Minnesota Vikings.

Skol!
    Yes, and we will be saying this next week as well, just like last week.

I just hope we get the Vikings that we've seen in the last few weeks.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Even though Vikings lead the NFL in rushing and rushing TDs, I for one look to see them approach this game with a very balanced attack early on in the game in an effort to keep the 49rs guessing.
    It will be imperative that the offense stays on the field and wins the TOP statistic because of our DE woes.

With that said, I still see our running game playing a huge role even though we will be on a natural surface this week. I for one don't believe it will slow down our running attack.
    Lets not forget that
    one AD's 200-yard games this year came on the grass at Soldier Field.
    Not to mention that CT had a couple of good attempts on grass this year as well (Chi, 83yds, NYG, 77 yds).

TJ's role will be important as well.
    He needs to ensure that when he is called on to pass he doesnt' do anything dumb with the ball. Lets hope the QB with the guy that showed up in the Lions and Giants game (100+ QB Ratings) shows up instead of the guy who showed up for the first Lions game (26.4 QB Rating). His newfound pocket awareness and confidence in his improved OL will allow for a good game.

Because the OL is pass protecting better, TJ is feeling more comfortable and reading the D better coupled with the fact that the 49'rs don't rush the QB real well I look to see Shank step up this week and Play a big role.
    He is a quiet third on the team in catches and yards with 21 for 292.

Even though it appears Dilfer is gonna start and he is cautious with the ball, I look for them to have a repeat performance of five turnovers like they did vs Carolina last week.

Look for the 49r's to employ thier LB corp, especially Willis, (He is the 49rs leading tackler (128 tackles) try to match his 17-tackle game like he had last week) as thier primary tool to slow the running game down.
    It will be imperative that T-rich and the OL get a helmet on that guy.
    IF we can nullify him then they will have to bring Secondary help up which will open the passing game a bit.

Injury issue is almost a wash and maybe a bit in our favor even though we have some dings to worry about but they also are having some late season injuries issues to deal with as well:

WR Jason Hill returned to practice after missing time with a groin injury.
    QB Alex Smith remains limited. After two weeks of rest, Smith’s rehabilitation from a shoulder and forearm injury continued with some light throwing.
    RB Frank Gore was also limited with a lingering ankle injury.
    WR Arnaz Battle (ankle) and CB Donald Strickland (knee) were injured in the loss to Carolina on Sunday and did not practice on Wednesday. Both have a chance to return to the field for Thursday’s practice according to head coach Mike Nolan.
    LB Derek Smith (groin) and CB Shawntae Spencer (quad) also were held out of practice.

On offense
    The OL continues it stellar play which will contribute to not only a
    successfull running game but another good outing by our passing attack.

TJ 20/25 for 235 2 TD's (NO INT'S this week TJ).
    AD/CT combine for 240 yds on the ground contributing 3 TD's.
    WR.
    I look to see us carry an extra WR since a DE won't be on the roster but look for Shank to have a big day (1 TD), plus another from B-wade or Rice.

On Defense I look to see the D-line will have a pretty good day early on, but will need to stay off the field as our loss of a DE will hurt us, especially if Erasmus can't go.
    Look for the Offense to get up early which will help them out.
    They stop the run early and often and get pressure with our front four as thier 49'rs OL is struggeling.
    (DL gets 3 sacks this week.
    1 Phat Pat, 1 B-rob, 1 Keneche).

Because we will get pressure from our DL , I don't see us blitzing much more than we did last week.
    Leslie will employ that trick selectively to help out our depleted DE's but I look to see our LB will drop into coverage alot to help out our secondary.
    (Chad gets a pick, Leber and EJ get a sack each).

Because they have such a ineffective passing attack I look to see our guys play alot of cover 2 with a few man to man thrown in.
    This should result in (as always) a lot of yards gained early on but by
    forcing them to take alot of underneath stuff it will prevent a quick strike play.
    (Sharp and Griff get a pick).

Vikes 35

49ers 13
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Even though Vikings lead the NFL in rushing and rushing TDs, I for one look to see them approach this game with a very balanced attack early on in the game in an effort to keep the 49rs guessing.
    It will be imperative that the offense stays on the field and wins the TOP statistic because of our DE woes.

With that said, I still see our running game playing a huge role even though we will be on a natural surface this week. I for one don't believe it will slow down our running attack.
    Lets not forget that
    one AD's 200-yard games this year came on the grass at Soldier Field.
    Not to mention that CT had a couple of good attempts on grass this year as well (Chi, 83yds, NYG, 77 yds).

TJ's role will be important as well.
    He needs to ensure that when he is called on to pass he doesnt' do anything dumb with the ball. Lets hope the QB with the guy that showed up in the Lions and Giants game (100+ QB Ratings) shows up instead of the guy who showed up for the first Lions game (26.4 QB Rating). His newfound pocket awareness and confidence in his improved OL will allow for a good game.

Because the OL is pass protecting better, TJ is feeling more comfortable and reading the D better coupled with the fact that the 49'rs don't rush the QB real well I look to see Shank step up this week and Play a big role.
    He is a quiet third on the team in catches and yards with 21 for 292.

Even though it appears Dilfer is gonna start and he is cautious with the ball, I look for them to have a repeat performance of five turnovers like they did vs Carolina last week.

Look for the 49r's to employ thier LB corp, especially Willis, (He is the 49rs leading tackler (128 tackles) try to match his 17-tackle game like he had last week) as thier primary tool to slow the running game down.
    It will be imperative that T-rich and the OL get a helmet on that guy.
    IF we can nullify him then they will have to bring Secondary help up which will open the passing game a bit.

Injury issue is almost a wash and maybe a bit in our favor even though we have some dings to worry about but they also are having some late season injuries issues to deal with as well:

WR Jason Hill returned to practice after missing time with a groin injury.
    QB Alex Smith remains limited. After two weeks of rest, Smith’s rehabilitation from a shoulder and forearm injury continued with some light throwing.
    RB Frank Gore was also limited with a lingering ankle injury.
    WR Arnaz Battle (ankle) and CB Donald Strickland (knee) were injured in the loss to Carolina on Sunday and did not practice on Wednesday. Both have a chance to return to the field for Thursday’s practice according to head coach Mike Nolan.
    LB Derek Smith (groin) and CB Shawntae Spencer (quad) also were held out of practice.

On offense
    The OL continues it stellar play which will contribute to not only a
    successfull running game but another good outing by our passing attack.

TJ 20/25 for 235 2 TD's (NO INT'S this week TJ).
    AD/CT combine for 240 yds on the ground contributing 3 TD's.
    WR.
    I look to see us carry an extra WR since a DE won't be on the roster but look for Shank to have a big day (1 TD), plus another from B-wade or Rice.

On Defense I look to see the D-line will have a pretty good day early on, but will need to stay off the field as our loss of a DE will hurt us, especially if Erasmus can't go.
    Look for the Offense to get up early which will help them out.
    They stop the run early and often and get pressure with our front four as thier 49'rs OL is struggeling.
    (DL gets 3 sacks this week.
    1 Phat Pat, 1 B-rob, 1 Keneche).

Because we will get pressure from our DL , I don't see us blitzing much more than we did last week.
    Leslie will employ that trick selectively to help out our depleted DE's but I look to see our LB will drop into coverage alot to help out our secondary.
    (Chad gets a pick, Leber and EJ get a sack each).

Because they have such a ineffective passing attack I look to see our guys play alot of cover 2 with a few man to man thrown in.
    This should result in (as always) a lot of yards gained early on but by
    forcing them to take alot of underneath stuff it will prevent a quick strike play.
    (Sharp and Griff get a pick).

Vikes 35

49ers 13
    Very good post my friend.....

I couldn't agree with you more.
    I look for our defense to shut them down and they might even be able to keep the passing attack fo the 9ers to under 200 yds.
    I look for a dominant showing by our Defense and a steady consistent attack by our offense.

Like I said before

Vikes 44
    9ers

Frostbite is offline Coach

Very nice read/post: According to our local rag (The Bee) The only 49ers ruled out of play for Sunday is CB Marcus Hudson (Knee) and QB Alex Smith (Shoulder). WR Arnes Battle (Ankle Sprain) expected to play (game time decision).

The 49ers did not complete practice on Wednesday. No reason given.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast