24th
    1st (7)Defensive TDs

12th
    Defensive INTs

27th

We better beat them!

MemphisPurple is offline Training Camp

Re: Vikings vs 49ers Comparison

I was looking at that, your right we better...

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

This team beat the Arizona Cardinals twice. Currently the Cardinals are seeded higher than the Vikings in the playoff hunt.
    In fact, if we win this game, it gives us the tiebreaker edge over the Cardinals because everything else is equal and the Cards lost twice to the 49ers. If we beat the 49ers, we will be seeded higher than the Cards.

It is just that simple.

This is not a sideshow game. This is the playoffs. The whole year. The entire season is riding on this game for the Minnesota Vikings.

Skol!

Go Vikings!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    This team beat the Arizona Cardinals twice. Currently the Cardinals are seeded higher than the Vikings in the playoff hunt.
    In fact, if we win this game, it gives us the tiebreaker edge over the Cardinals because everything else is equal and the Cards lost twice to the 49ers. If we beat the 49ers, we will be seeded higher than the Cards.

It is just that simple.

This is not a sideshow game. This is the playoffs. The whole year. This game literally means the entire season to the Minnesota Vikings.

Skol!
    Then i hope we slaughter them
    ;D

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Frostbite is offline Coach

"vikesfargo" wrote:

It is just that simple.

This is not a sideshow game. This is the playoffs. The whole year. The entire season is riding on this game for the Minnesota Vikings.
    Skol!

I hope the team is made to realize this fully and comes here ready tp shut the Niners down from the first play till the last. Unfortunatley....we have had a nasty habit of laying eggs in games out west, especially in must win scenarios against teams like the Cardnials, Seahawks and Niners. For me this game is more about winning when you should...even on the road this game should be a win for us considering what we are playing for and our tallent vs theres. We are riding a high and should be well prepared and highly motivated to come in to SF and get a win.

So why am I so nervous?? Because I thought the Team would be riding a high into Green Bay against a Division rival right after beating a good Charger Team too. Instead they came in un-prepared and flat. That better not happen Sunday or S.F. will steal this game.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

It is just that simple.

Skol!

I hope the team is made to realize this fully and comes here ready tp shut the Niners down from the first play till the last. Unfortunatley....we have had a nasty habit of laying eggs in games out west, especially in must win scenarios against teams like the Cardnials, Seahawks and Niners. For me this game is more about winning when you should...even on the road this game should be a win for us considering what we are playing for and our tallent vs theres. We are riding a high and should be well prepared and highly motivated to come in to SF and get a win.

So why am I so nervous?? Because I thought the Team would be riding a high into Green Bay against a Division rival right after beating a good Charger Team too. Instead they came in un-prepared and flat. That better not happen Sunday or S.F. will steal this game.

Cheers!

Well.. we came in flat vs a very good Packers team, known for throwing the ball, and we happen to be known for not being able to defend it.
    This game is against a very bad 9ers team, but i get ya.. can never underestimate even the lowest of opponants.. or they'll bitchslap you so hard you'll be back in Minnesota Monday with no memory of the game saying "man... wtf happened yesterday?"

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings

vs.

49ers
    1st

Rushing Yards Per Game

27th
    31st
    Passing Yards Per Game

32nd
    that should match up well against the 32nd pass defense as far as yards go.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

It is just that simple.

Skol!

Cheers!
    Don't be so nervous. Green Bay is 100 times better than SF!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

It's just the type game that we could go into kinda expecting to win, and struggle to get it going. The Chiller better have these guys ready, and we should dominate from beginning to end. I look for CT and AD to lead the way with Tarvaris taking another step forward as our leader.

With the loss of Edwards, our rotation at DE is thinner, but look for Robison, and Mitchell to explode against the 40'd whiners.

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

We will beat the 9ers. I don't have a doubt in my mind on this one. The Vikings only have to stick to running the ball and making the little passes this game. The 9ers only offensive weapon is Frank Gore...if I remember correctly I think we are the best at stopping the run. In the end, we will force Trent Dilfer..or whoever is back there to put up the ball way to many times and we will come out looking squeaky clean.

Vikings 31, 49ers 10
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast