Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Gumbo is offline Waterboy

Vikings versus Saints

Thoughts anyone as to outcome and final score??
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings versus Saints

42-0 Vikings

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings win, although I can't predict the score.

What I can predict is that the Saints have more to lose in this game than the Vikings. Most believe that the Saints were lucky to escape the NFC CHampionship with a win. If (when) the Saints lose, then this will reinforce that belief. It will also reinforce the common thought that the Saints wont be able to repeat.

If the Saints manage to win, it doesn't really do anything to the Vikings. Sure, some of the Saints faithful will champion the thought that it vindicated their win in the NFC Championship game, but does it really?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

I like our chances even without the Williams Wall. I will say that I believe it will be alot closer now without them. I cant predict a score. But I can predict it will be close to the highest viewed NFL regular season game, aside from last years Monday Night Game against the Fudge.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

NodakPaul wrote:
    Vikings win, although I can't predict the score.

What I can predict is that the Saints have more to lose in this game than the Vikings. Most believe that the Saints were lucky to escape the NFC CHampionship with a win. If (when) the Saints lose, then this will reinforce that belief. It will also reinforce the common thought that the Saints wont be able to repeat.

If the Saints manage to win, it doesn't really do anything to the Vikings. Sure, some of the Saints faithful will champion the thought that it vindicated their win in the NFC Championship game, but does it really?
    Saints have rings, they have nothing to prove. Even if we beat them they still won the game that really mattered.

I don't think the Saints need to vindicate their win in the nfc championship at all. I don't think a win ever requires vindication. The Vikings on the other hand....

kalamazooer10 is offline Training Camp

jmcdon00 wrote:
    [quote]NodakPaul wrote:

I don't think the Saints need to vindicate their win in the nfc championship at all. I don't think a win ever requires vindication. The Vikings on the other hand....
    Amen.
    None

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Vikes need to start the season on a positive note and you can't get any better than beating the reigning champs. The Vikes need to know that they are the team to beat.

I'm positive the Vikes won't be giving the ball away. If they didn't last year the score would have been 42-24 and that's my prediction.

Vikes are HUNGRY and the Saints have already eaten. Who will get to the buffet first.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Vikings versus Saints

Huh...that's weird. I thought I posted a response to this, but it's not here. Trying again...

Without all the drops, I think our guys will win this one. I don't believe it'll be a score-fest like the NFC title game, and I don't expect anything larger than a 10 point margin.

27 - 17 and our Vikes go 1-0 to start the season.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I think that the fans will be far more affected by the outcome than the teams will be.

Caine

locuomotion is offline Training Camp

I think it is a pretty even matchup just as it was last season, however, I give the Vikings an edge for the revenge factor. 27-24 Vikings.
    "You don't have to have a mullet to cut your sleeves off and be a bad ass." - Jared Allen
    www.hoverstad.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast