Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Vikings versus Bears: a comparison through week 13

Obviously, the Vikes have some work to do and need some help from the Bears if they want to take the north. Here's a breakdown on what has transpired so far this year and is yet to come in regard to the Vikings and Bears.

[size=18px]The only games that differ in the regular season schedule between the two teams are:[/size]

Bears: Redskins (6-6) and 49ers (2-10)

The Bears lost to the Redsticks and had scraped by with a victory at home against the pathetic 49ers.

Vikings: Giants (8-4) and Rams (5-7)

The Vikings tamed the Giants in their house and will pound the Rams at home this weekend.

[size=18px]Results of games played against the same opponents[/size]

The rest of the games during the season were/will be played against the same opponents. Both teams swept the Lions and both teams beat the Saints. Nothing to write home about, but you can take those teams out of the equation.

Lions (Bears+2, Vikings +2)

The Bears beat the Lions by an average of 19 pts and the Vikings beat the Lions by an average of 9 pts. The Bears gave up an average of 9.5 pts while the Vikings gave up an average of 15 pts.

Saints (Bears +1, Vikings +1)

The Bears beat the Saints by 3 pts and gave up 17 pts. The Vikings beat the Saints by 17 pts and gave us 16 pts.

Bengals (Bears -1, Vikings -1)

Both teams lost to the AFC North leading Bengals. The Bears lost by 17 pts and gave up 24 pts. The Vikings lost by 29 pts and gave up 37 pts.

[size=18px]Advantage Vikings[/size]

Browns (Bears -1, Vikings +1)

The Vikings beat the Browns by 12 pts and gave up 12 pts. The Bears lost to the Browns by 17 pts and gave up 24 pts.

[size=18px]Advantage Bears[/size]

Panthers (Bears +1, Vikings -1)

The Bears beat the Panthers by 10 pts and gave up 3 pts. The Vikings lost to the Panthers by 25 pts and gave up 38 pts.

Bucs (Bears +1, Vikings -1)

The Bears beat the Bucs by 3 pts and gave up 10 pts. The Vikings lost to the Bucs by 11 pts and gave up 24 pts.

[size=18px]Yet to be determined[/size]

Ravens (Bears +1, Vikings ?)

The Bears already beat the Ravens and the Vikes will play their last away game against the Ravens.

Packers (Bears +1 and ?, Vikings +2)

The Vikings already swept the Packers and the Bears still need to beat the Pack at Lambeau.

Steelers (Bears ?, Vikings ?)

Both teams have the Steelers coming up in their schedule. The Bears play in the Steelers house and the Steelers come to the Vikes home.

Falcons (Bears ?, Vikings -1)

The Bears go to the Falcons house, the Vikings have lost to the Falcons.

Vikings/Bears (Bears 1 and ?, Vikings -1 and ?)

The Bears have one game on the Vikes, but play in Minny for the season Finale.

[size=24px]Remaining Games[/size]

[size=18px]BEARS (9-3)[/size]

@ Steelers (7-5)
    Falcons (7-5)
    @ Packers (2-10)
    @ Vikings (7-5)

[size=18px]VIKINGS (7-5)[/size]

Rams (5-7)
    Steelers (7-5)
    @ Ravens (4-8)
    Bears (9-3)

The Bears have 3/4 road games left on their schedule and the Vikes have 3/4 home games left on their schedule. Anything could happen. Ideally the Vikes win out, of course.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vikings versus Bears: a comparison through week 13

good info...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

sweet

pigskinronin is offline Starter

Great info... good to see it laid out like that. I'm sure I will look up this thread again if we have have identical records during week 17.

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

where the hood where the hood where the hood at

Prophet Guest

"Tanner_QBRB8" wrote:
    lol, I have no idea what that means.

IL-Vike is offline Training Camp

Very good information! If I am going to have some wind behind my verbal attacks of Bear fans right here in the middle of Bears country, I am really counting on a win against the Bears at the end.

Prophet Guest

[size=18px]Yet to be determined[/size]

Ravens (Bears +1, Vikings ?)

The Bears already beat the Ravens and the Vikes will play their last away game against the Ravens.

Packers (Bears +1 and ?, Vikings +2)

The Vikings already swept the Packers and the Bears still need to beat the Pack at Lambeau.

Steelers (Bears ?, Vikings ?)

Both teams have the Steelers coming up in their schedule. The Bears play in the Steelers house and the Steelers come to the Vikes home.

Falcons (Bears ?, Vikings -1)

The Bears go to the Falcons house, the Vikings have lost to the Falcons.

Vikings/Bears (Bears 1 and ?, Vikings -1 and ?)

The Bears have one game on the Vikes, but play in Minny for the season Finale.
    It looks pretty good to me. I'm counting on Favre coming alive and taking the Bears out at Lambeau. The rivalry is tough and the records don't mean anything usually. The Packers own the Bears.

I like the Vikings chances against the Steelers at home, the Bears have to go to Steeltown and try to take them down. A tougher task. Since the Bears have the tough D and the Steelers are typically known to have a bad-ass D I think they will be fired up for the game, not to mention the Steelers are playing for their playoff lives.

The Ravens have been sucking wind, the Vikes need that game badly.

The Falcons are also playing for their playoff lives. The Bears go to their house. I will be cheering for Ron Mexico in that matchup.

Of course, the last matchup of the season is the Bears in our house. I hope it's for the division title. Crazy start of the year. I would say, contrary to the 'experts' opinion, that going into week 14 the Vikings have a decent chance of taking the NFCN. Odds aren't exactly in our favor, but destiny just might be.

vwo32 is offline Training Camp

Obviously the game we would most like to see the Bears lose, besides to us, is to the Packers. If they lose to the Packers then we will beat the Bears in a tiebreaker, once again assuming we beat them. We will have a better division record. However, I don't think we will probably end up with a better record against common opponents if it was to come down to that. Which it would if we had the same division record.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Tanner_QBRB8" wrote:
    lol, I have no idea what that means.
    :roll:

This is not the Teen 1000 chat room.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast